Egypt's former interior minister, 3 others ordered arrested
February 17th, 2011

Egypt's former interior minister, 3 others ordered arrested

Egyptian prosecutors have ordered the arrest of a former ruling party chief and three ministers from deposed strongman Hosni Mubarak's government, including its one-time interior minister, the state news agency MENA announced Thursday.

Egypt's military government has ordered the arrest of former Interior Minister Habib Al-Adli.
Post by:
Filed under: Egypt • World
  1. jasmin rahaman

why is cnn not giving covrage to Wisconsin protest. This seems like an important story when working people rights are attacked.Bravo to racheal and cnbc

February 17, 2011 at 4:09 pm | Report abuse |
    • RUFFNUTT

That protest needs to be covered like you say,jasmin. It shows to go where the Republican priorities lie!

February 17, 2011 at 4:12 pm | Report abuse |
    • Brad

They did, I guess you missed it.

February 17, 2011 at 4:13 pm | Report abuse |
    • Anthony

they did. Its on the home page

February 17, 2011 at 5:25 pm | Report abuse |
  2. RUFFNUTT

All I can say is,it's about time!!!

February 17, 2011 at 4:10 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Cedar Rapids

So is this the start of the 'purges' I wonder.

February 17, 2011 at 4:15 pm | Report abuse |
  4. CountOfMotecristo

Now Egypt is going too far. Next step is Pakistani style democracy.

February 17, 2011 at 4:18 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Dennish

Yeah cover those idiots in wisconsin that are "bellyaching" because someone actually has the political balls to make them pay their fair share like the average joe has to that doesnt suck off the tax payer teet! The people protesting dont even know what they are protesting about. Oh btw i am a democrat before u idiots attack me! MORONS

February 17, 2011 at 4:19 pm | Report abuse |
    • Barrens Chatter

Dennish, I commend u sir. I'm neither a republican or democrat but I can say this: the time is now to start cleaning up the lifetime memberships to the government country club.

I don't care if the teachers have a union or not, it isn't pertinent. If they want to strike, then adios... and say hello to McDonalds you overpaid suckers.

February 17, 2011 at 4:38 pm | Report abuse |
  6. john

I'm IN Canada, we have Al Jazeera English here now. They are covering the Wisconsin protests.They are on the ball.

February 17, 2011 at 4:23 pm | Report abuse |
    • RUFFNUTT

Can we get Al Jazeera there in French also,john? That I'd like.

February 17, 2011 at 5:40 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Shawky

People like Jasmin and Ruffnutt cannot see beyond America, unfortunately! To them – America is the WORLD!!

February 17, 2011 at 4:26 pm | Report abuse |
    • Joel2208

I wouldn't say that Shawky,at least about RUFFNUTT. He knows where it's at because I've been reading his posts. Too bad that some idiot keeps on blogging in here to mimic him,though.

February 17, 2011 at 5:45 pm | Report abuse |
  8. fgg

Please fix the typo on the hyperlink to this. So many people out of work, and to see a typo unchecked on CNN is depressing...

February 17, 2011 at 4:35 pm | Report abuse |
    • 3Bal

So glad SOMEONE said something.

Re: "3 Egypt ex-ministers oredered arrested"

February 17, 2011 at 4:46 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Mohand Abdel - Hamid

For three dacades you helped and supported a dictator , corrupted and illegal regime, forgetting human rights, you didn't care about millions of Egyptian people, while we thought that U.S.A is the supporter of justice. SHAME FOR YOU.

February 17, 2011 at 4:41 pm | Report abuse |
    • Barrens Chatter

Well somebody has gotta control all of you crazy people. Might as well be a dictator.

February 17, 2011 at 5:57 pm | Report abuse |
    • Barrens Chatter

Sorry Mohand Abdel-Hamid,I didn't post the above statement. Someone's trying to make a jerk out of me.

February 17, 2011 at 8:12 pm | Report abuse |
  10. mm

CNN – What's the point in writing these couple of sentences if you don't have the full story. Why not get the story and write something that makes sense.

February 17, 2011 at 4:46 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Sarah

Oh come on Mohand Abdel-Hamid. I am Egyptian and I don't want America taking blame for what's happening in Egypt. It is our corrupt government and Muslim fundamentalists that ruined the country. The government and its regime for stealing money and the Muslim fundamentalists for killing and hating every person that wants freedom or democracy. America is doing what any good country would do, which is look out for its best interest and take care for its own people. I wish Egypt does the same.

Egypt was not too long ago a world power and I hope that one day it will rise and take its true place in the world as a great leader and a great country. I blame the thieves in Egypt and the muslim fundementalists for ruining my beautiful Egypt!

May be America has been standing by and watching what was happening without doing anything but do you really want them to go in and attack our country to get out its leader as they did in Iraq? Hell no! America is just doing what is in the best interest for itself and its people and no one can blame it for that.

Also, it's not right to look at USA as the leader of the world. Each country needs to take responsibility for its mistakes and do what's necessary to correct those mistakes. I do wish Egypt gets a new leader that is intelligent and loves Egypt to do what's best for my beloved country.

Egypt and its people have shown in the recent days that they are ready to stand up for democracy and make Egypt a better place. Long live Egypt and its brave citizens and long live America and all the other countries for supporting our rights and for trying to support us through this time. I pray that muslim brotherhood do not take over Egypt because Egypt should not be governed by religion. I really hope the best for my country! It's pathetic to blame America for what happened to our country. Stop blaming and start doing something if you care for Egypt.

Thank God the Egyptian military is taking action and arresting all those thieves. I hope we can get some money back from them and help re-build egypt.

February 17, 2011 at 5:04 pm | Report abuse |
    • Daniel

What Egypt needs is a Socialist Revolution. For instance,resettle the Sinai Peninsula and make the desert bloom again,so to speak. If the Israelis can do it,why not the Egyptians?

February 17, 2011 at 8:26 pm | Report abuse |
  12. daniel

The people who complain about Wisconsin stuff can surely watch their local news? This is CNN international. Not local/domestic or even national. We on the other side of the planet don't care about local US news. Thanks CNN and please spare us any "domestic news" – the network is definately not free from it!

February 17, 2011 at 5:24 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Mac

Those people in Wisc who are wailing about the possibility of having to pay a bit more into retirement and health care have it really good and even the raised amounts are not bad. I paid 7.5% into Texas teachers retirement for 25 years, plus 7.5% into Social Security and back as far as 1992 my health insurance was over $400. They should shut up and go back to work or quit and find a better job!!

February 17, 2011 at 5:36 pm | Report abuse |
    • Barrens Chatter

They should quit. I hear there are job openings at the local grease pit. I'm sure they can teach real-life mathematics and engrish to all the illegals flipping burgers out back.

February 17, 2011 at 5:59 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Barrens Chatter

In Soviet Russia, higher learning means a trip to the Siberian gulag.

February 17, 2011 at 6:02 pm | Report abuse |
    • Barrens Chatter

Can you prove it,Phunnie boy? And quit using my name,will you?

February 17, 2011 at 8:20 pm | Report abuse |
  15. personny

Israel is becoming a nation. http://nopolicestate.blogspot.com/2011/01/egypt_29.html

February 17, 2011 at 8:18 pm | Report abuse |