76 victims identified in New Zealand earthquake
February 23rd, 2011

76 victims identified in New Zealand earthquake

Authorities in New Zealand have identified 76 victims of Tuesday's 6.3-magnitude earthquake, according to police in Christchurch. But they warn
more bodies are being recovered and identified all the time.

Post by:
Filed under: New Zealand
  1. banasy

My sincere condolences to the families of the victims.

February 23, 2011 at 8:44 pm | Report abuse |
  2. RUFFNUTT

well it sucks that those people died.. but it's not like they didn't have a warning.. jsut like the poeple in cali.. you know there is a big one comming..

or the people in florida.. they have to deal with hurricanes..

here in missouri i have to deal with tornados.. i live in a trailer i know.. i'm asking for it but it's aalll i can afford.. my camaro eats alot of gas..

so i take my chances.. like everyone else...

February 23, 2011 at 9:33 pm | Report abuse |
    • skc

You do realize that while in Missouri, you are living on top of the US's largest fault, right? Now you can't say you haven't had a warning for the "Big One", too.

You should come out to California - it's much safer here. And yes, I was born and raised in MO, so yes, I can talk.

My thoughts and prayers for the people of Christchurch and the visiting internationals. I stayed at the YHA that was destroyed 6 years ago, and it saddens me to hear that backpackers perished while visiting that beautiful city. Many fond memories of the Arts Centre.

February 24, 2011 at 3:00 am | Report abuse |
    • RUFFNUTT

i live in a trailer and it has suspention.. i might bounce around but i'll be safe..

February 24, 2011 at 4:00 pm | Report abuse |
  3. raven

i know how scary it is to be in a quake,i cant imagine seeing people injured or worse from it .My thoughts go out to the families, victims,rescuers and all citizens there.

February 23, 2011 at 9:34 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Lucan Kinnear

This was one of the worst tragedies I've seen in a while.

February 23, 2011 at 11:22 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Beautiful Vixen

So sad. I feel for them 😦

February 24, 2011 at 12:14 am | Report abuse |
  6. Darlene Y.

Our thoughts and prayers go out to all of New Zealands families,friends and victims of this tragic event!Stay postive and be strong!God Bless all!D from Las Vegas,Nevada 02-23-11 😦

February 24, 2011 at 2:23 am | Report abuse |
  7. banasy

When the disasters finally hit, and the East and West coast are under water, I'm in one of the six "safe" zones-Chicago! So take *that*, weather!

Not that I want *any* of this to happen...just sayin.

February 24, 2011 at 7:56 am | Report abuse |
  8. Veritas

God bless the survivors my deepest sypathy for the friends and families of the deceased.

February 24, 2011 at 9:23 am | Report abuse |
  9. Philip

I ran out of EQ things to say. (shrug)

February 24, 2011 at 9:30 am | Report abuse |
  10. banasy

They are happening a whole lot, aren't they?

February 24, 2011 at 10:03 am | Report abuse |
  11. Philip

Yep. Sheriff means county...Maricopa. (Phoenix) As far as trusting the police goes, trust is a lot harder to come by these days. Official corruption is way out of control. The old 'fox guarding the henhouse' way we go about taking care of corrupt leaders isn't trustworthy. One corrupt leader, followed by a wink and a back-room handshake, and he seeks higher office rather than a prison cell. So no, I don't trust the system nor those who doggedly stick to it, right or wrong.

February 24, 2011 at 1:19 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Hunter

Its a true tradegy. Especially since its where LORD OF THE RINGS was filmed. I feel for them

February 24, 2011 at 8:37 pm | Report abuse |