3 children dead, 1 missing after being swept away in Kentucky creek
The bodies of three of four children who were swept away in a creek were recovered, authorities said.
February 25th, 2011

3 children dead, 1 missing after being swept away in Kentucky creek

The bodies of three of four children who were swept away in a creek swollen by storm waters were recovered early Friday morning, authorities in Kentucky said.

The children were traveling with their family in a horse-drawn carriage on a flooded street in Graves County when the carriage flipped over Thursday evening, said Jerry Beasley, a Kentucky State Police spokesman.

FULL STORY

Post by:
Filed under: Kentucky
  1. sweetshell

It makes me sick that some of you can make jokes and place blame when this was such a terrible accident where children's lives were lost amish or not they were children! Very embarrased for you!

February 25, 2011 at 4:51 am | Report abuse |
  2. Ethan

you know i once lived in this small rural county and now live in montreal.. and your guys comments disgust me and make me feel embarrassed to be American... just bc amish are not like us does not mean there lives are worth less than ours... you guys really make me sad to see you be so immature... yea oregon trail joke hilarious... that was a game this is real life... imagine if half your family was gone... o yes it is awfully funny... what a knee-slapper... why don't you guys grow up?

February 25, 2011 at 4:58 am | Report abuse |
  3. Val Lockett

I am deeply sorry for the family and these children. My family prays for yours.

February 25, 2011 at 5:08 am | Report abuse |
  4. sean

Sad that people died. You're the one who has to die when its time for you to die, live life how you want and let others do the same,

February 25, 2011 at 5:27 am | Report abuse |
  5. Name*lives here

Ignorance runs rampant again. One can yell by the posts those who truly care for their fellow people. Hope most of you don't own dogs you probably kick them too.

February 25, 2011 at 5:51 am | Report abuse |
  6. Clown Baby

Hey Amish people! Try getting your kids some Stearns® Puddle Jumpers™ or some kind of life-jacket arm tube deal. To all you idiots out there praying for them... What exactly does that do???

February 25, 2011 at 6:00 am | Report abuse |
    • Name*lives here

And what does your ignorance say about you. you should be ashamed. but doubt that would ever happen.

February 25, 2011 at 6:16 am | Report abuse |
  7. geewhiz

ethan of montreal is right SHAME ON YOU A**HOLES FOR DISRESPECTING THE POOR FAMILY FOR THEIR LOSS OF 3 CHILDREN!!! We need to pray the 4th is found alive!

February 25, 2011 at 6:23 am | Report abuse |
  8. joe block

i know a little amish family, judysue annie and mammy i gave annie a game boy and mammy made me some eggs and hammy.

February 25, 2011 at 6:33 am | Report abuse |
  9. tp

May God embrace those poor babies!

February 25, 2011 at 6:34 am | Report abuse |
  10. justs me

I was on the phone with my daughter in TN you don't see a flash flood coming, and when your in the middle of a tornado warning you want to rush for safety. This has nothing to do with being Amish it could have happen to a family in a van.. And it has happen, I'm embarrassed that I have to share this country with you fools! Lives were lost tonight it was very scarey to be caught in this storm! Why don't all of you haters go stand under a tree in a lighting storm!!

February 25, 2011 at 6:54 am | Report abuse |
    • C16

They need weather radios. Can't play it too safe with mother nature especially when you have babies to protect. That squall line ran through the south and they would have known not o leave several hours before it hit. It was no pop-up storm.

February 26, 2011 at 9:11 am | Report abuse |
  11. Pixy

Wow. Wake up, check CNN's blogs, and I read these comments.. I'm goin' back to bed, seems I've already gotten my daily dose of stupidity and ignorance. My thoughts are w the children. May their souls be at peace and may the 4th be found alive.

February 25, 2011 at 6:57 am | Report abuse |
  12. angela

U think the amish r so great. Many years I went on a trip to see the amish. This old man was showing us his house. He was behind me and pinched my butt.they r disgusting

February 25, 2011 at 6:57 am | Report abuse |
  13. Supernuke

Wow.

God bless America

February 25, 2011 at 7:15 am | Report abuse |
  14. crystal

im extremely saddened by this tradegy. may God continue to bless this family and their community. and i pray for the safe finding of their 4th child

February 25, 2011 at 7:22 am | Report abuse |
  15. mohamad

You americans are all the same you risk everybodys life and you don't care for our women and children our brother Osama is going to take care of you infidels

February 25, 2011 at 7:42 am | Report abuse |
    • tami

You need to go back to your country if ours is so bad. We are tired of you all being here.

February 25, 2011 at 1:13 pm | Report abuse |