German official: Airport gunman a Muslim who wanted to kill American troops
Arid Uka is in custody after two American troops were killed and two injured at a German airport.
March 3rd, 2011

German official: Airport gunman a Muslim who wanted to kill American troops

The man who shot and killed two American troops in Germany Wednesday was a recently radicalized Muslim whose aim was to kill American soldiers, a German official said Thursday.

The suspect seems to have been acting on his own, but had spent time on local radical Islamist websites, said Boris Rhein, interior minister of the German state of Hesse, where the shooting took place.

The 21-year-old man from Kosovo is in custody after two U.S. airmen were
killed and two others were wounded Wednesday in a shooting on a U.S. military bus at Frankfurt Airport, authorities said.

The suspect is named Arid Uka, from the northern town of Mitrovica,
Kosovo's interior minister, Bajram Rexhepi, told CNN, citing the U.S. Embassy in Pristina as his source.

Read about Wednesday's shootings that killed two U.S. Air Force airmen.

Post by:
Filed under: Germany • Military • Terrorism • World
  1. basbaas

If US just stops the intervention and presence in the muslim world, then they would not be targeted. Why Muslims only target the US? If you know the answer of this question, then you don't need explaination of why US Troops are uneder attack.

March 3, 2011 at 9:57 am | Report abuse |
  2. Klodina

I'm a college student in Boise, Idaho and yes I'm Kosovar-Albanian. I have to say that it disguts me to hear about this. Shame on the guy who did this, and may he be punished for this, even though no matter what his punishments are they will never replace the lives of these American soliders.

March 3, 2011 at 10:02 am | Report abuse |
  3. G. Coach

Bull shhhh. How do you become newly radicalized?

March 3, 2011 at 10:07 am | Report abuse |
  4. HenkV

That happens when you as a country prevent non-muslims from killing muslims. Would this kid have lived if we had not stopped them?

March 3, 2011 at 10:18 am | Report abuse |
  5. LostinSLC

Here is my problem that say Muslim's are peaceful. If they promote peace why do they not gather together to push the radicals into more peaceful ways to protest and stop the killings? Why do these "peaceful" Muslims not stand up and turn their brothers and sisters in for making bombs as not to shed blood? Why are they not doing the right thing?
    It is because they don't promote peace and want everyone who is not of their religion wiped off the Earth.

March 3, 2011 at 10:19 am | Report abuse |
  6. Republic of Kosovo

what he did has nothing to do with Kosovo an Kosovars...he is just a individual who joined radical muslims or something..
    everyone here in Kosova loves Americans even the muslim population! America saved us from Serbs ocupation and we are thankful for that.

March 3, 2011 at 10:20 am | Report abuse |
  7. chris

we will send a drone into Pakistan and even up the score

March 3, 2011 at 10:23 am | Report abuse |
  8. jdog

radical muslim, huh? are there any other kind? if there is the silence from them is certainly deafening.

March 3, 2011 at 10:24 am | Report abuse |
  9. EMERSE

If you consider what a terrorist really is, then yes 97% of terrorist are of Christian faith. In the USA alone there are Urban Gangs, Drug dealers, white supremist, ani gay activist, rapist, serial killers, etc. All containing different races! So because you jumped on the whole 9/11 war on terrorismm bandwagon, now all muslims are terrorist. Way to use your narrow brain folks!

March 3, 2011 at 10:28 am | Report abuse |
  10. Henry

At lease someone in Germany has the gut to say the word "muslim". I take this as a good sign toward the lengthy journey of awakening. Unlike so many in the US who keeps sunbathing for the good tan yet continue to bury head in the sand for "protection" from harms!

March 3, 2011 at 10:29 am | Report abuse |
  11. Jason

So much hate and ignorance. Such confidence and arrogance that (your) view is absolutely correct. Where is the humility? This conversation makes one despair.

March 3, 2011 at 10:30 am | Report abuse |
  12. Ziad

As a Muslim myself, I condemn what this radical, no matter the religion, has done. He took 3 innocent lives, and deserves whatever punishment comes his way.

March 3, 2011 at 10:36 am | Report abuse |
  13. ThatGuy

March 3, 2011 at 10:41 am | Report abuse |
  14. TrueBelieverInGod

🙂 I dedicate this post to the Pakistani government whom are responsible for the death of one of it's officials simply because he was opposed to a law making it punishable by death to blaspheme islam or the prophet Muhammad. Ahem. Islam is a kooky cult with stupid kooky pagan rituals. The prophet Muhammad is a false idol whom is not worthy of my time or effort. All religions have done is set people back. Maybe if Muhammad or Jesus can deliver world peace and an end to disease then I will join your dumb cult. I spit on Muhammad. If any of you cult followers wanna shoot me over my statement's I live in Detroit. Happy hunting.!!!! 🙂

March 3, 2011 at 10:46 am | Report abuse |
  15. JACK

ALLAH SAID GAY PEOPLE ARE GODS....ALL MUSLIMS SHOULD BE GAY AND LOVE GAY.

March 3, 2011 at 11:08 am | Report abuse |