March 5th, 2011

Tornado hits Rayne, Louisiana

A tornado touched down in Rayne, Louisiana, about 10 a.m. (11 p.m. EST) Saturday, police and fire dispatchers told CNN.

Authorities said they have no confirmation on the number of fatalities or injuries.

First responders were evacuating people from damaged homes in the  affected areas one to two miles around the city, police said.

Kermitt Lablanc of the Rayne Fire Department said electricity in the area was out.

FULL STORY
Post by:
Filed under: Louisiana
  1. Ted

I wear womens clothes when I'm alone at home.

March 5, 2011 at 8:28 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Silence of the Clams

I tuck my package... .

March 5, 2011 at 8:31 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Mary

and my breasts dont sag

March 5, 2011 at 8:37 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Mary

hey Ted do you happen to be Cesar or punyboy just getting this feeling very weird feeling

March 5, 2011 at 8:39 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Mary

everybody gone , awww shucks and i was just getting started o well have a good night all I'll keep checking just in case any one wants to come out and play

March 5, 2011 at 8:54 pm | Report abuse |
  6. da man

Dang i missed her again

March 5, 2011 at 9:49 pm | Report abuse |
  7. eyewatcher

I'm just wanting to know..........how is that mailman?? Was he in the truck or did he jump out before the wind started blowing????

March 5, 2011 at 11:19 pm | Report abuse |
    • Mmmmm

Okay you can now add another weather element to the postal list: rain, snow, shine, and tornadoes...

March 6, 2011 at 12:27 pm | Report abuse |
  8. treasured

Pray for those hardest hit! We will all be affected in one way or another

March 5, 2011 at 11:32 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Brian Menard

seriously why the crap would any of you make fun about something like this im originally from this town its not funny when something like this happens. and the whole voodoo comment get ur facts straight man that place is so catholic its stupid. no need to make fun of the people affected by this.

March 6, 2011 at 12:05 am | Report abuse |
    • blaine

thank you. finally someone with some intelligence, i cant handle all of these sick disgusting people that enjoy hearing other peoples tragedies

March 6, 2011 at 12:35 pm | Report abuse |
    • Mmmmm

The southern part of Louisiana is catholic and a lot of their celebrations and traditions are influence by that faith...if you know your history it was a territory of catholic countries: Spain and France...sheesh! review your history l'moron...New Orleans considered a sister city of France.

March 6, 2011 at 12:37 pm | Report abuse |
  10. angryman

Fukk you Brian, we can say whatever we want you stupid ass

March 6, 2011 at 12:56 am | Report abuse |
    • blaine

why do you enjoy that people are hurting and enduring a tragedy? you are a sick person and need some serious help.

March 6, 2011 at 12:33 pm | Report abuse |
  11. ***dude***

Hey angryman! Repent. A dark heart ruins the life within.

March 6, 2011 at 1:16 am | Report abuse |
  12. Denver

I really hate that all this has happened! I was at work when my mom told me bout the tornado, that they had to leave. I thought she was lying because i thought we only got hurricanes, but i was wrong. They were so in a rush, they forgot to get important things. We never had to leave our home before because something like this. They left my dog 🙁 i just hope hes ok. I went to school with the girl that past away, and i know her family on her dad side! God bless them, i know it's hard. I feel homeless. I'm in a nice hotel in Lafayette, but i just wanna be home, where my heart is. Yes, Rayne is a small town, and we will get through this a day at a time.

March 6, 2011 at 8:34 am | Report abuse |
  13. Tear

Well my mom and family (the butlers) and Roys are frm they and i jus pray everything get betta and to tha Fam who relative passed GOD BLESS YALL!!

March 7, 2011 at 12:55 am | Report abuse |
  14. squeezesbox

Im from rayne living in indiana hey if the main drag is still there the bull frogs did;nt leave that town will be a ok

March 13, 2011 at 10:37 am | Report abuse |
  15. win lotto

My brother suggested I might like this blog. He used to be totally right. This put up actually made my day. You can not believe just how a lot time I had spent for this info! Thanks!

April 5, 2012 at 6:55 am | Report abuse |