Six people trapped, killed, in mobile home blaze after party
A mobile home fire killed 6 people over the weekend in Texas.
March 7th, 2011

Six people trapped, killed, in mobile home blaze after party

Even a seasoned firefighter said it was the worst blaze he had ever seen. Six people were killed when they were trapped inside a burning mobile home in Hood County, Texas, near Dallas.

The fire broke out around 5:30 a.m. Sunday after a party in a double-wide on the shore of Lake Granbury. Three people escaped, and a neighbor called 911, according to CNN affiliate WFAA.

"It's just a shock to see a house totally engulfed," neighborhood resident Paul Woods told the station. "Especially when the people are still inside. There's nothing you can do ... literally nothing you can do. The flames are pouring out and no way you can get anywhere close to the house."

Other neighbors said that the party, thrown by a group of boys, was loud enough to wake them up. The six who died were between the ages of 18 and 30, and were among 14 at the party, the local fire marshal told the Star-Telegram.

Post by:
Filed under: Texas
  1. Sheri

i want to soooound offffff about smoking pot can cause u to have phychotic problems as u get older...That's a bunch of bull...If u want report on something why dont u report what the pharmactuciles company's are doing to the people by the drugs they are pushing.....with all the side affects they cause no wonder people don't want to take them....and its big business is'nt it to kill off the population by their choice made in ignorance of how the drug works....I would rather be a pot smoker and a naturalist than take the drugs that are eventually going to kill u or make u have a stroke, or heart attack the list is endless......all because ur Dr. u think knows more about ur body than u do ....People u better wake up.....Is it all about population control? Ignorance is not bliss it will kill u deader than a door knob.....

March 7, 2011 at 11:22 am | Report abuse |
    • AB

As your prose indicates – marijuana hasn't affected you in the least.

March 7, 2011 at 12:20 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jbax3

Sheri;
      I sense your next sentence would've been, "wow man, did you ever really look at your hand?"

Sadly, I'm afraid your spelling and sentence construction are as much an indictment on America's public school system as it is against the evil weed.

March 7, 2011 at 12:46 pm | Report abuse |
    • BillLivinez

I don't think it is fair to judge Sheri's intelligence by her sentence structure or spelling. Her message is a typical text type message that is commonly passed by many hundreds of thousands of intelligent people every day.

March 7, 2011 at 1:55 pm | Report abuse |
    • Bob

BillLivinez

You may be correct but she still sounds like a paranoid lunatic.

March 8, 2011 at 1:38 am | Report abuse |
    • PT

Marijuana or "pot' does not actually 'cause any phsyciatric probelms. It DOES act like a 'trigger' if you do already contain the gene. Sort of like Bi-Polor disorder. You are born with the gene, but it has to be triggered. The debate on whether or not marijuana is good will ALWAYS be there. I am for legalizing it. It helps with stress, eating disorders, Alzheimers (which is ironic actually, because it 'causes short term memory loss), and acts like a pain killer for Cancer patients. It's a healthier (not HEALTHY) alternative to smoking cigs and drinking. As for the "it kills brain cells" comeback, I have this to say; Everything kills brain cells. Looking at this computer screen or cell phone is killing brain cells at this exact moment. I'd also like to point out that some doctors (in Arizona or Califonia) actually recommend that a first trimester pregnant female should smoke if they have problems eating or nausea.

March 9, 2011 at 2:28 pm | Report abuse |
  2. StepUp

Sorry for such devistation. Truly wont say anymore when fire is involved. My condolences on anyone's behalf where they know of anyone succombing to death by fire. No matter what they were doing, wouldnt wish that upon ANYONE, EVER!

March 7, 2011 at 11:33 am | Report abuse |
  3. SophieCat

You MIGHT develop some sort of mental problem from smoking pot, years afterwards, when you're older, but then again, you MOST DEFINITELY WILL develop some serious medical problems after taking the majority of pharmaceutical drugsthat doctors prescribe every day. How else would so many class-action suits be filed and people get $$$$ for the slow, painfully agonizing deaths of their loved ones??? What the pharmaceutical companies have done to us is CRIMINAL. Now who's going to jail for THAT, NO ONE, you can be sure.

March 7, 2011 at 11:43 am | Report abuse |
  4. ed bailey

Sheri two hearts beat as one, please read my post #119 on the second teenage sports death.I at one time was proud of my country to the poiny of risking my life for it.now I realize how stupid I was and how much kool aid I had drank.these trapped kids were probably drinkink.fire suppression systems in manufactured homes has always been needed.poor folk have mobile homes, rich people make laws, rich people don't care about poor people!

March 7, 2011 at 12:43 pm | Report abuse |
    • Mike

Why don't you use your real name? Van Jones.

March 7, 2011 at 3:28 pm | Report abuse |
  5. SteveMcL

Did i mention my dad used me for a boy toy and thats why im a useless piece of dog (c)um

March 7, 2011 at 1:47 pm | Report abuse |
  6. jayred

Mama? I spewed oopsies again.....

March 7, 2011 at 2:36 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Sheri

To Jbax3/ So u don't like the way I structure my sentence's, glad u noticed....What kind of inferiority complex do u have...to judge me u only showed me ur hand...lol and yes as a matter fact I have studied my hand....I am an LPN and LMT....and sorry to dissappoint u but there is no evil but ignorance and u are that to judge me...thanks for being my teacher today...lol I wish u well...

March 7, 2011 at 8:05 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Sheri

Sophia Cat U hit the nail on the head////thanks for ur honesty and forth rightness...It is crimanal what they are doing to the uninformed....I have been there, and I know for a fact what I said was and is true...just like u. Love and light to u and urs.

March 7, 2011 at 8:09 pm | Report abuse |
  9. kim

If you dont have anything that makes sense why say anything at such a terrible time of loss. I guess this is charlie sheen fault mindless rants with no regards to how others will feel, react or think. If it was there love ones then would they think twice before they just say or do any crazy thing. Karma is long over due!

March 7, 2011 at 8:50 pm | Report abuse |
  10. me

I don't understand the news they have not even identified 2 out of the six and they are but that they know all they victims. The Families aren't even sure its their family member or not. So get the facts straight or shut up.

March 7, 2011 at 10:45 pm | Report abuse |
  11. mad hater

I wonder if they were on some psychotic pharmaceuticals

March 8, 2011 at 2:54 am | Report abuse |
  12. Sees All Evil

Thoughts and prayers for those involved and for healing of family and friends. Don't know what this story has to do with marijuana as i am sure it has much more to do with alcohol intoxication.

March 8, 2011 at 12:44 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Sheri

Bob / at what level do feel ur a paronoid lunitic? Or do u work for the pharmacutical company's, or are u a physycyotrist that needs help himself, u would'nt have wasted ur energy or time to judge me if ur own underware were'nt dirty...Thanks for ur judgemeant of me it gave me the oppertunity to assist u....but milk for the babes and meat for the mature...and u are neither.Hope u have a wonderful day, ur just plain ignorant....

March 8, 2011 at 1:17 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Larry Carter

RIP TIMOTHY MORAN

March 8, 2011 at 5:24 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Fern

this was a horrible tragic. i knew one of the people that died she was beautiful and a very good person. RIP Alexis Schooley you will be missed.

March 8, 2011 at 11:40 pm | Report abuse |