50 people in 50 days: Teen failed to arrive at sister's Kentucky home
March 9th, 2011

50 people in 50 days: Teen failed to arrive at sister's Kentucky home

Editor's note: Nancy Grace's new show on HLN, "Nancy Grace: America's Missing," is dedicated to finding 50 people in 50 days. As part of the effort, which relies heavily on audience participation, CNN.com's news blog This Just In will feature the stories of the missing.

This is the 36th case, and it was shown Monday night on HLN.

Police say Paige Johnson, 17, disappeared last fall after leaving her Kentucky home with an acquaintance on the night of September 22.

The acquaintance, a 22-year-old man, says he spent a couple of hours with her at his home before dropping her off early in the morning in Covington, Kentucky, a few blocks from her sister's home, where she was supposed to stay, according to police.

Her sister reported her missing because Paige didn't arrive. The man has not been charged in the case.

1. ed bailey

A few blocks why, why not at her sisters doorstep? Anyone else please!

March 10, 2011 at 1:52 am | Report abuse |
    • Teri

My thoughts exactly. What happened to dropping someone off at the door and either walking them to the door or at least watching to make sure they got in?

March 11, 2011 at 5:15 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Elizabeth

the girl must be afraid to go home, anybody figure that out? it is sad when you do not have anybody or any where to go. I have been in there, and its no fun. why you take her in Nancy? you started this, you should supply a safe house, for 50 people, for 50 days !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

March 10, 2011 at 6:45 am | Report abuse |
    • Amanda

Elizabeth I can appreciate your comment because you do not know Paige or the kinda person she is. Paige has a 2 yr. old baby girl that she loves with all her heart, she has a sister that she is close to and a niece she adores. She had a mother and father she could go to and talk to about anything, she has her paternal grandma and me her 1st cousin her dad's niece I am always there for Paige her and i are very close this is the longest I have ever went without talking to my baby cousin. She has plenty of friends and family (our family is big we have lots of cousins, aunts, and uncles) and we are tight knitt family. She has support and people she could turn to and stay with. paige had no reason to run away from her home life was not bad for her. Paige wanted to get her education by going back to school. She is not a runaway I wish more than anything that she is a runaway but I myself personally dont know anyone who is going to hide a 17 yr. old girl for 6 almost 7 months when the police are looking for her, family, friends, and others all over the nothern KY and Cincinnati area. Paige is all over the news and in the media so I just don't see anyone taking a big risk like that. plus not to mention Paige is a young girl 17 what 17 yr.old do you know that wants to stay couped up in the house for 7 months without going outside, to the store, how bout this how many 17 yr. olds do you know that can go 7 months without talking to their BEST FRIENDS or being on myspace or facebook?? but as I said before I understand your position dear you don't know Paige or the kind of person she is. She don't have a real strict home life so she had no reason to runaway from home.

April 19, 2011 at 12:35 am | Report abuse |
  3. Linda

Odd how the media keeps changing the acquaintance's story citing "police said." A couple of hours now is it? I've followed the story for almost 6 months now, and this is the first I've seen that. Since he hasn't said a word after the initial words and certainly none after the parole office arrested him on Oct 4th, why do his alleged words keep changing? Even saw that a local news organization put in "originally said" implying that the story changed when it never did. What purse was she carrying or had she been likely to be carrying? The question was nicely sidestepped, but I would like to know the answer to that one. Agree with Elizabeth on offering a safe place. I haven't seen any do that so far. Just a lot of people saying she is safe with them, but none offering real solutions if she happens to be still alive and out there.

March 20, 2011 at 3:21 pm | Report abuse |
    • Catherine

@ Linda, tell yoor son to talk! The people that are offering Safe Places mean that Paige is more than welcome to come there or here. She was with an ADULT last! That ADULT should have made sure she made it safe into the house she was going to, besides I think a 22 yr=ear old male shouldn't hanging out with 17 year old girls! As a mother I teach my kids right from wrong, as Jacobs mother you should do the same!

April 20, 2011 at 9:51 am | Report abuse |
  4. Alex

If the "acquaintance" isn't guilty, then why isn't he talking? I would do everything I could to prove my innocence...unless of course, there is something to hide...and I'm not implying he killed her, but I AM implying that he knows more than he is letting on...

March 21, 2011 at 9:34 am | Report abuse |
    • Char

I agree 100% Alex!!

April 19, 2011 at 1:56 am | Report abuse |
  5. Amanda

Linda is the acquaintances mother, the last person Paige was with Jacob bumpassis Linda's son thats why she is on his side. Don't look down on her but have pitty on her and pray for her as well. Her son has put her in this situation that she has to defend him because that's what mothers do ( I GUESS). But my point is she did not do anything wrong, ya know, she is just being a mother and thats not her fault. I am not taking up for this woman by far to be honest i don't like her because I believe that RIGHT is RIGHT and WRONG is WRONG. You can't go around holding your children up in things they do wrong because if they never recieve consequences for there actions they go around thinking they can do whatever they want because "MOM/DAD" is going to BAIL them OUT. Mr. Jacob Bumpass also has a Robbery Conviction as well he robbed a corner store while a 70 yr. old woman was working.. That tells you a little about his character, thats what he was on probation/parol (whatever it's called)

Here is a link about paige's case and the robberies bumpass committed, the story about the robberies is the 3rd story down..

This is all the stories about the case:

April 19, 2011 at 1:37 am | Report abuse |
  6. Char

I just don't understand why no one is talking. Someone knows something and I just can't believe they won't end this families pain. This has been going on for far too long now. Jacob needs to tell LE something anything. I just wish you would talk besides being all quite. It makes you look so guilty even if your not. Why would you keep your mouth shut about something like this? Your really a so-called "friend" right? The point someone made in a post above...why not drop her off at the door step or watch her into the house? I don't think anyone is buying your story why would we? If you do know something and not saying anything I label that as a coward. This is posted towards anyone that knows something and not speaking. Paige needs to be home with her baby girl but I guess that doesn't matter to you. I bet if it was your family though I bet you would want answers damn straight you would. Whoever it may your a &^%@*$! nobody in my book because your not coming forward!! God will be the one you have to face someday so if you can live with yourself with all the lies you try to hide until then so be it. Paige will be found soon enough and will lead back to you. I personally hope all the lies and not talking eat you alive in the end. Where it plays so heavily on your conscience that it drives you absolutely insane everyday of your life where you can't live a normal life. Until then praying for a baby girl without her mother.

April 19, 2011 at 2:22 am | Report abuse |
  7. nina

Paige had no reason to leave home she has a beautiful little daughter she loves dearly really bugs me first thing people think is runaway we need some new laws the ones that right away say runaway wouldn't feel like thay if it was one of thiers

April 19, 2011 at 2:47 am | Report abuse |
  8. PaigeSupport

Paige has an amazing family and tons of friends that adore her. Paige is and was loved by anyone that knew her. Paige has not only a home to come home to, but hundreds of people that support her and love her!

April 19, 2011 at 9:02 am | Report abuse |