50 people in 50 days: 'Good girl' disappears on way to drugstore
Kimberly Arrington was 16 when she disappeared October 30, 1998, in Montgomery, Alabama.
March 15th, 2011

50 people in 50 days: 'Good girl' disappears on way to drugstore

Editor's note: Nancy Grace's new show on HLN, "Nancy Grace: America's Missing," is dedicated to finding 50 people in 50 days. As part of the effort, which relies heavily on audience participation, CNN.com's news blog This Just In will feature the stories of the missing.

This is the 42nd case, and it was shown Tuesday at 9 p.m. on HLN.

Kimberly Arrington's mother died without knowing what had become of her daughter, who disappeared in 1998 without a trace.

But the memory of the 16-year-old lives on among those who love her. Kimberly's father still waits for her to come home, and her sister named her daughter after her missing aunt.

Kimberly left the family's home in Montgomery, Alabama, around 5 p.m. on October 30, 1998, telling her mother that she was going to a nearby CVS drugstore. She never came home.

Kimberly was a "good girl," a friendly, outgoing teen who accepted everyone with open arms. Someone may have asked his daughter for directions, Walter Arrington believes, and forced her into a car.

"Most people liked her, and she was very friendly towards everybody," he said. "I felt like maybe that's part of the reason why they got her."

1. heidi ho

What a shame. But after 13 yrs. I find it hard to believe the girl is still alive. I feel sorry for her family. Poor mother died without knowing anything. Well i guess if I was in her fathers shoes Id still hold out hope too. What is this world coming to? People are just plain sick.

March 15, 2011 at 8:58 pm | Report abuse |
  2. PrisonPlanetMinister

@heidi ho: This is prison planet in the realm of purgatory. Not quite fire and eternal damnation, but rest assured there isn't an innocent soul here. Why do you think everything always teeters on chaos yet it never totally boils over? The individual still has the ultimate choice whether to be good or bad. Just be good and you'll never have to read news like this again. God exists, but you have to look.

March 15, 2011 at 9:15 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Yolanda

It saddens me when no one cares about missing people. i am 31 and i used to be vunerable to the streets but thank god i got out of it and maybe just maybe she is in a safe place. she is in gods hands . just pray that nothing has happened

March 15, 2011 at 9:55 pm | Report abuse |
  4. sylvia

About Lindsey Baum
    The lady that said she saw Lindsey 2 blocks from her house said that she had broken up a fight between Lindsey and her brother, is it possible her brother did something to her. I heard this on Nancy Grace tonight and that is the only time anyone said anything about a brother.
    Thank you.

March 15, 2011 at 10:09 pm | Report abuse |
  5. daniel hopkins

I really dont like Nancy Gray she talks to people like they are idiots and i just dont think people should talk to each other like that its sad that people these days have no respect for each other and she just promotes this kind of suff on her show. i know she cares for so many people and her show does good things but i dont think the way she acts on the show is any positive message to the viewers on how to treat on another. Thanks

March 15, 2011 at 11:13 pm | Report abuse |
  6. hypocrisy

Although I do not condone these actions. It saddens me to hear the typical "human" response. "Oh this person is sick..." People have been doing this years. Now its just easier with the invention of the car. The solution does not live within bringing back loved ones or pointing out the "obvious". But with society "re-training". Only problem is, everyone much rather watch this happen in such movies like "1984" or "Equilibrium". It is unfortunate that we are "programmed" with the ability to destroy. Because when it does not benefit us we deem it bad but in the name of progress its good. No one wants to hear/accept people are just as evil as they are good.

March 16, 2011 at 12:08 am | Report abuse |
  7. chrissy

ok this is the 42nd of the 50/50. Can anyone tell me has even one of the previous 4l missing been located or weve just had to listen to nancy graces socially unacceptable mouth for nothing???

March 16, 2011 at 12:52 am | Report abuse |
  8. Whew!

In Dec of 1995 I was driving through Mississippi then through AL. I took notice of a white car with two white males keeping real close. After that everytime I moved away they sped up and drove around other cars to keep near me. I was chased for an hour with nearly empty gas tank until, finally, through the wisdom of not pulling into any desolate gas stations I escaped. They were mid 20's to early 3 0's and drove an old white car. Chased me for over an hour. Maybe these two psychotic hunters know something.

March 16, 2011 at 2:20 am | Report abuse |
  9. Psychotic Episode

@Whew...that was me! (and my friend) We thought you were one of those drivers who drive along, and when someone tries to pass, they speed up. And you left out the part where you ran out of gas. (smile)

March 16, 2011 at 4:48 am | Report abuse |
  10. kim

Sad because there are people that care about their missing thats why we keep hearing there stories. The love one keep looking!

March 16, 2011 at 3:04 pm | Report abuse |