50 People in 50 days: Stacy Peterson's disappearance remains a mystery
March 16th, 2011

50 People in 50 days: Stacy Peterson's disappearance remains a mystery

Editor's note: Nancy Grace's new show on HLN, "Nancy Grace: America's Missing," is dedicated to finding 50 people in 50 days. As part of the effort, which relies heavily on audience participation, CNN.com's news blog This Just In will feature the stories of the missing.

This is the 43rd case, and it was shown Wednesday at 9 p.m. on HLN.

Not long after 23-year-old Stacy Peterson disappeared in October 2007, the search became overshadowed by suspicions against her husband, Drew Peterson.

Stacy Peterson was the former officer's fourth wife. They began living together in Bolingbrook, Illinois, while he was going through a contentious divorce from his previous wife, Kathleen Savio. She was later found dead in a bathtub in 2004.

Police have investigated the sites of several remains for Stacy Peterson near the couple's home without success.

Meanwhile, Stacy Peterson's disappearance prompted authorities to reopen the case into Kathleen Savio's death, resulting in murder charges against Drew Peterson in her death. He is awaiting trial, while the families of the two victims await answers and justice.

1. meee

BOOOORING!!

March 16, 2011 at 11:57 pm | Report abuse |
  2. teresa cook in palm beach

How do you go thru 4 marriages so.so young and all your wives. Wind up missing go back to where he hunts,boats and fish look at old photos of recent photos of recent vacations find out where the last remote place the coupled travel better yet coral punishment should be allowed in cases like these to make the perpetrator confess he is now a burden to tax payers I say let him die the same way poor victims I feel sad for these poor families who's suffering with heart aches of knowing how the victims died as a result of this animal

March 17, 2011 at 1:40 am | Report abuse |
    • Sherri

Teresa, could you PLEASE use some more punctuation? Like some periods, or commas or something? Your post is VERY hard to read and understand as it just rambles on for a paragraph. with only one period and one comma. And you might want to do some spell check also. And WHAT is 'coral punishment'? Something to do with the ocean maybe? Do you mean 'capital' ie death penalty?

March 17, 2011 at 1:56 am | Report abuse |
    • random1

Possibly meant "corporal" punishment? And yea, what Sherri said. I just kept having images of them beating Peterson over the head with a piece of coral for punishment.

March 17, 2011 at 9:26 am | Report abuse |
  3. teresa cook in palm beach

By the way Mrs grace I watch your show and you are great there should be more people with your dedication and charisma on television getting justice e and find solutions ,

March 17, 2011 at 1:45 am | Report abuse |
  4. Beth Profeta

Nancy Grace ...YOU ROCK<3 Thank you for joining our cause to help bring the missing home – This is a war against PURE EVIL- honored that you are helping to be the voice for the BLESSED 50 ❤ My mom went missing 26 years ago- we have known who our suspects are all along and they have never co-operated – But this is an epidemic sweeping our country! I now believe in the system , I believe in heroes and I believe we will find my moms remains too ! However, we do need more heroes like you to step up ❤

March 17, 2011 at 2:56 am | Report abuse |
  5. Cesar

Teresa, will you please listen to Sherri. Thank you.

March 17, 2011 at 5:01 am | Report abuse |
    • Kadeene

Sherri and Cesar.....you two are so rude to comment about how Teresa C. wrote her message....I thought your comment was great Teresa until these 2 idiots wrote their stupid comments!

March 17, 2011 at 8:41 pm | Report abuse |
  6. ed Bailey

No argument that these women are sad victims of a monster. HE WAS A LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICER. I have met many officers and One judge and many government officials WHO DO NOT DESERVE TO HAVE THE AUTHORITY THEY POSSESS! The majority of my sad discoveries are in UTAH. A cult is a cult and why this place is filled with drew petersens is the birds of a feather syndrom. They may have political advantage here but PLEASE NOT WASHINGTON TOO!!!!

March 17, 2011 at 10:15 am | Report abuse |
  7. becness

Leave Teresa alone! You guys are jerks.

March 17, 2011 at 10:53 am | Report abuse |
  8. Vomit

Teresa is good at book learin'

March 17, 2011 at 11:14 am | Report abuse |
  9. Sees All Evil

@Sherri who made you the spelling and punctuation? Teresa probably meant corporal punishment but irregadless if you have nothing valid to say then STFU you nit picky btch!

March 17, 2011 at 1:54 pm | Report abuse |
    • Agno

There is no such word as irregardless. I don't blame you for this grammatical error, I blame the lousy educational system this country has. As for poor Teresa, when you want to be taken seriously, please take the time to type it in proper english. To do what you did was just lazy.

March 28, 2011 at 10:48 am | Report abuse |
  10. Sees All Evil

Re: sherri the spelling and punctuation monitor. where your big mouth now i left out the word "monitor" hope you feel better with your head out of your azz!

March 17, 2011 at 3:10 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Sees All Evil

@Random1 and vomit do you have anything else to offer but criticism of a fellow blogger? you are both hypercritcal idiots probably sherri with different names lol

March 17, 2011 at 3:53 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Miss my friend

Dear 'meee', I'm sorry the story of a missing woman who was likely killed at the hands of her husband is 'boring' to you. God forbid you ever have to live through a nightmare like this with any of your loved ones.

Ms. Grace, I thank you for still remembering my friend, even after all of this time. You've always been such a strong voice in the search for Stacy & justice for Kathleen. Thank you & God bless you.

March 17, 2011 at 4:58 pm | Report abuse |
  13. CK

Did Drew Peterson take his airplane up the night Stacy Peterson disappeared? The airport which houses his plane would have that record.

March 28, 2011 at 1:03 am | Report abuse |
  14. Tina

Nancy gets on my last nerve, and I no longer watch her show. I do not like the way she talks to the lawyers on her show, she asked them to "weigh in", but if they do not say what she wants to hear then she starts making fun of them with this stupid "2nd verse same as the first", etc. She even told them to 'kill his mike' on one guy because he was proving her wrong. UGH find somehting more important to do with your time.

March 31, 2011 at 5:33 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Khao Lak Hotell

greetings! 🙂 i'm at the job currently, therefore i do not have very much time to write... nonetheless! I really appreciated reading this post. It turned out to be some really good stuff. thank you! All the best.

April 6, 2012 at 12:17 am | Report abuse |