Four N.Y. Times journalists missing in Libya
A two-time Pulitzer Prize winner is among the four New York Times journalists missing in Libya.
March 16th, 2011

Four N.Y. Times journalists missing in Libya

Four journalists for The New York Times are missing in Libya, the newspaper said Wednesday on its website.

The Times said the missing journalists are Anthony Shadid, the paper's Beirut bureau chief and two-time Pulitzer Prize winner; Stephen Farrell, a reporter and videographer who was kidnapped by the Taliban in 2009 and rescued by British commandos; and two photographers, Tyler Hicks and Lynsey Addario.

"We have talked with officials of the Libyan government in Tripoli, and they tell us they are attempting to ascertain the whereabouts of our journalists," executive editor Bill Keller said. "We are grateful to the Libyan government for their assurance that if our journalists were captured they would be released promptly and unharmed."

Post by:
Filed under: Libya • Media
  1. Cesar

@Cesar of 10:37: You were so ugly as a baby, that the NYC Department of Sanitation used you as a rat repelant to scare off the rats.

March 17, 2011 at 6:08 am | Report abuse |
  2. Cesar

Too bad Regean is gone. He bombed Gadalfi long ago. Too bad we missed. He wouldn't be missing with American reporters if Regean were here. Obama can't do much, his hands are tied.

March 17, 2011 at 6:18 am | Report abuse |
  3. Franny60

Good grief Cesar does your Mommy know you're on the internet? You sound like a 10 year old!

March 17, 2011 at 8:55 am | Report abuse |
  4. Cesar

@Franny60; That other Cesar guy aggravates me. He turns everything into a political issue and has my name. Can you understand? This was supposed to be about 4 NY journalists being missing in Libya. The idiot starts talking about the CIA, Hilary, etc. He is annoying me because he is using my name.

March 17, 2011 at 9:03 am | Report abuse |
  5. Cesar

@Cesar of 10:37 you were so ugly as a baby that the delivery doctor stood 10 feet away from you and used a whip for the baby on the b*tt slap when you were born.

March 17, 2011 at 9:07 am | Report abuse |
  6. Cesar

@Franny: Do you ever go to the Olive Garden???

March 17, 2011 at 9:10 am | Report abuse |
  7. Hating Cesar Right Now

Would Cesar & all his impersonators please grow up & get a life.

March 17, 2011 at 10:38 am | Report abuse |
  8. Cesar

@Hating Cesar Right Now: I know how you feel. I see my name thrown all over by different Cesars. It wouldn't surprise me if you're one of them. I'm not that easy to fool, baby.

March 17, 2011 at 12:04 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Cesar

The right wing nuts in Washington make a good bed partner with the right wing media. Such spewing of epic proportions. You sound to me like a true tea partier "Hating Cesar Right Now" There is no place here for such Tea Party lingo.

March 17, 2011 at 12:37 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Cesar

@Cesar: You here with your comments in my name. You filthy yellow true blue Tea-Partier.

March 17, 2011 at 3:42 pm | Report abuse |