Gotta Watch: Libya under fire; John Oliver gets serious; police car smashed
CNN iReporter Gyula Sopronyi films as a grenade explodes in Ras Lanuf, Libya.
March 16th, 2011

Gotta Watch: Libya under fire; John Oliver gets serious; police car smashed

Photographer films grenade attack– CNN iReporter Gyula Sopronyi shot this disturbing video of a rocket-propelled grenade attack against rebel forces in Libya. She says the grenade was fired by pro-Gadhafi forces in Ras Lanuf, where the country's largest crude-processing plant is.

[cnn-video url="http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/world/2011/03/15/ireport.libya.rocket.launch.cnn"%5D

Oliver: No comedy in tragedy – CNN sits down with "The Daily Show's" John Oliver to chat about how the show deals with major tragedy. His response couldn't be more apropos with the recent firing of Gilbert Gottfried from Aflac for his controversial tweets about Japan.

[cnn-video url="http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/showbiz/2011/03/14/pkg.daily.show.sxsw.mov.cnn"%5D

Close call – A police officer walks away pretty much unscathed after he is nearly hit by his own car after another vehicle slams into it.

[cnn-video url="http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/us/2011/03/16/am.police.car.hit.cnn"%5D
Post by:
Filed under: Gotta Watch • Libya
  1. anonymous

What are you talking about police officer NARROWLY escapes injury? Honey, you need glasses. He was nowhere near the accident.

March 16, 2011 at 4:45 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jesus

Right, 30 feet is not close at all when an accident occurs at 40-60 miles an hour.

March 16, 2011 at 6:13 pm | Report abuse |
  2. me

What we NEED to do is stay out of their business! quit trying to ram democracy down the throats of people who dont want it!

March 16, 2011 at 6:18 pm | Report abuse |
  3. raven

@ Banasy, Im sorry bout that . It really wasnt me but I was a party to it . I outted myself but not you .

March 16, 2011 at 6:37 pm | Report abuse |
  4. A country boy will survive

Wow some people are dumb then i thought how could you even think an rpg doesn't meant rocket propelled grenade figured its in enough video games and on the news and all over how or why would you even try to make that argument some peoplereally do need to be taken out back and shot

March 16, 2011 at 7:42 pm | Report abuse |
  5. A country boy will survive

Dumber

March 16, 2011 at 7:52 pm | Report abuse |
    • Marylouise

You\'re on top of the game. Thanks for shainrg.

September 7, 2011 at 6:10 am | Report abuse |
    • sbeynykrt

O4s3jM xgnvlxoccmdk

September 9, 2011 at 4:43 am | Report abuse |
  6. ed Bailey

Having had a very large artillery round land VERY close to me, I personally wouldn't care which type of round it is. Dead is dead.the gaffe I was in was a training screw up at fort Knox and if the vegetatioh hadn't been as thick as it was I would not be irrtating you today.40 years and I don't think my left ear will ever recover.the arguments are less than intertaining!!

March 17, 2011 at 11:44 am | Report abuse |