Obama arrives in Brazil
President Obama and his family arrive in Brazil on Saturday.
March 19th, 2011

Obama arrives in Brazil

U.S. President Barack Obama arrived in Brasilia, Brazil, Saturday morning for a bilateral meeting with Brazilian President Dilma Vana Rousseff.

The first family left Friday night for stops in Brazil, Chile and El Salvador, where the president will meet with the leaders of each country to discuss trade and the global economy. It will be his first visit to the three countries and a chance to talk about hemispheric challenges.

The trip is designed to help "strengthen our economic relationship with neighbors who are playing a growing role in our economic future," Obama said Friday in an op-ed published in USA Today.

Post by:
Filed under: Brazil • Politics • World
  1. 1608

Lock the doors and windows Sarah's coming.

Sory she's can't make it this wk.

March 19, 2011 at 10:27 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Niga Tow

Peanut butter and jelly rules!

March 19, 2011 at 10:56 pm | Report abuse |
    • RUFFNUTT

yes... but chunky with strawberry is the best..

March 20, 2011 at 9:17 am | Report abuse |
  3. F Hill

He has taken his whole family out of the radioactive clouds pathway, that is spreading over the US
    and lied to the americans that there is no danger.

March 20, 2011 at 3:14 am | Report abuse |
  4. Rosana

I must say that I am very happy with the presence of the US president. Even though I never liked Americans very much, because I think they were money oriented, I like Obama. If I like Obama, I believe that american society might be changing. The other presidents really didn´t give me a good image of americans. But Obama is different. His wife too, very charming and elegant lady. Congratulations for electing such a nice president. I believe that the ones before him almost destroyed the US and its economy. Obama became president in a tough moment, but I really believe that he will soon be able to change that and take the US´s economy back on track again.

March 20, 2011 at 4:08 am | Report abuse |
    • Cesar

Come on Rosana,wise up will you? Barack Obama is nothing but a neatly dressed up hoodlum with gallons of blood on his hands. Anyone who orders the firing of Tomahawk missiles on people can't be all good! However,you're right about the American people. They're very money oriented and most live only for themselves and place very little value on the lives of others. Americans are an extremely self-centered people!!!

March 20, 2011 at 9:04 am | Report abuse |
  5. Cesar

@Rosana: Good post Rosana, thank you. @RuffNutt: I think Chunky Monkey might be a little better @Cesar: 9:04: Disagree. You are the Father of the Tea Party movement, therefore your opinion is invalid here. Such Lingo is simply not tolerated.

March 20, 2011 at 9:31 am | Report abuse |
    • Cesar

Good grief,Phunnie boy, your post is really funny and we all need a laugh out of life. Thank you.

March 20, 2011 at 3:15 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Planet X

Israel is becoming a nation. http://nopolicestate.blogspot.com/2011/01/egypt_29.html

March 20, 2011 at 10:30 am | Report abuse |
  7. Neri Evang

Welcometo to Brazil Mr. Presidente Obama.
    As everything change, I see that you are a very smart USA President, and you know about our economical growing, and I know that we can't stay alone in this journey, but I really wish that USA, respect our country and make a serious business with us without the intention to dominate our commodity, as has done to mid east countries.
    We have much more to offer and much more to grow, welcome to help not to lead, welcome to participate not to dominate.
    Even USA has the commercial experience in terms of world wide, don't forget that we know about the USA economical breaking.
    And at this moment and others that will come our Brasilian politicians get the behavior of pride to be Brasilians, and don't set the head down to americans, but treat them with all respect and in the same human level.
    Welcome you and your family Mr. President Obama

March 20, 2011 at 10:34 am | Report abuse |
  8. personny

America is becoming a 3rd world country. http://www.majordebt.com

March 20, 2011 at 10:42 am | Report abuse |
  9. Cesar

Neri Evang: The U.S. will dominate Brazil. You are in a weak country, and you need us. We will place military bases there too in order to keep you people in line as well as all the druggees and drug dealers. Our American cheerleaders can whip your military. Welcome to reality, Neri baby.

March 20, 2011 at 11:59 am | Report abuse |
    • Cesar

Watch out,Brazil!!! The nut who posted the above under my name means what he says. The U.S. will one day pose a serious threat to the world as the greed among the right-wing thugs in Washington expands day by day!!!

March 20, 2011 at 3:12 pm | Report abuse |
    • Neri Evang

Cesar. I never put myself in opposite to the USA military power ,and you didn't inderstand my written, even this was written very clear, so I am sorry. And another thing is, there is no 1st without 2nd.
      I don't know if you are Brasilian or North American, any way I would like that you come to me without offense my intelligence.
      Another situation is, nobody can fight in hungry, and this is the case of USA, in front of 3 powers, India, China and Brasil.

March 24, 2011 at 10:12 am | Report abuse |
  10. Richard Allen

Waiter! get me another mai tai. Time to check out the south american booty connection!

March 20, 2011 at 1:27 pm | Report abuse |
  11. julio mcNus

HOPE, he appliesfor amnesty

March 20, 2011 at 2:07 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Cesar

That's right Sillie Boy. I just had two big laughs. Why don't you post a third and give me a 3rd laugh.

March 20, 2011 at 6:58 pm | Report abuse |
    • Cesar

This President Obama doesn't work for us but for the MIC(military-industrial-complex) and does their bidding. Your naivety in supporting him is what's so funny. By the posts above,he seems to have taken the Brazilians in too just like the pied piper of Hamlin. Then again,the Germans felt the same way about Adolf Hitler!!!

March 20, 2011 at 9:15 pm | Report abuse |
    • Neri Evang

Cesar you are the number ONE, I am the number 2, just in beck of you sticking your ass. Go to your false ritual. and let me in peace.I am a brasilian guy, from the richest country in the world, and I guarantee , we brasilians people never steals, and you? See you in the hell, becaise that is my real home. FY

March 25, 2011 at 11:07 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Cesar

@Cesar of 9:15: Obama does not work for the MCI, but thanks for the laugh anyway.

March 21, 2011 at 1:13 am | Report abuse |
  14. Spork

Why isn't CNN covering ANYTHING about MI Union, WI Union, and several other Important topics being slandered on Faux!!? I hate to have to wade thru the BS @ Faux, but it seems CNN is asleep @ the wheel, and lately just not doing their Job. ???? CNN has ALWAYS been my first choice, so why the silence lately??

March 21, 2011 at 2:35 pm | Report abuse |