AT&T to acquire T-Mobile USA
March 20th, 2011

AT&T to acquire T-Mobile USA

AT&T will acquire T-Mobile USA from Deutsche Telekom for an estimated $39 billion, the companies said in a joint release Sunday.

Post by:
Filed under: Business • Economy
  1. Colette Duranleau

if T-mobile were acquiring AT&T I'd be cheering (AT&T sucks so bad I cannot fathom why Apple partnered with them) but since that's NOT the case, going to stay with Verizon for forseeable future. Sympathies to T-Mobile employees facing layoffs and/or "joining" AT&T... Colette, Denver, CO

March 20, 2011 at 3:27 pm | Report abuse |
    • Anna

Don't worry Verizon is on their victim list. Just watch!

March 20, 2011 at 3:49 pm | Report abuse |
  2. RUFFNUTT

i hate at&t

March 20, 2011 at 3:30 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Randy

This stinks. ATT has no service here, but T-Mobile is great. I love my unlimted plan. I guess I need to look at my non-ATT/TMobile options.

March 20, 2011 at 3:31 pm | Report abuse |
    • Ny2Tx

So do you think your service will stop in your area once AT&T takes over? Cmon think...

March 20, 2011 at 5:06 pm | Report abuse |
  4. z!

Bloody ****, I switched -to- t-mobile since sprint was a PitA to deal with, at&t had/as lousy coverage in places I go, and verizontal's sales staff blew me off when I started asking hard questions (like, what are the roaming fees?). T-mob's been great for me.

March 20, 2011 at 3:33 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Greta

I just got 2 new phones with T-Mobile! If I knew this I would have not renewed my contract! AT&T is too expensive! I love T-Mobile! I have been a customer for 9 years with great service! I hope its not to late to return the phones!

March 20, 2011 at 3:34 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Pete

As a former T-Mobile Customer, I am sad to hear this. I had the best service with T-Mobile. I am now with AT&T because I had to have an IPhone, and it SUCKS! AT&T service SUCKS! I am constantly getting dropped calls. It's even worse when the other person I am talking to is also on AT&T- You can bet, sometime during the conversation, one of us is going to be dropped. Their Customer Service Department does nothing but make excuses, and useless suggestions. Plain and simple- AT&T SUCKS! Good Luck T-Mobile Customers!

March 20, 2011 at 3:35 pm | Report abuse |
  7. draconisorion

Work for sister company of T-Mobile (both of our parents is DT) and had work with the AT&T technical folks....T-Mobile is going to be non-existent by the end of the year probably!! =( Too bad too, the commercials that T-Mobile did were the truth, problem is t-mobile just didnt have the expanded coverage areas that AT&T has.

March 20, 2011 at 3:44 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Jonathan

This really blows!!!! I finally get a carrier with good service overall and now THIS!!!! Man I guess maybe its back to Sprint IDK but AT&T is evil....and as far as them being a monopoly I think that because the company that owns T-Mobile is int'l that those rules don't apply since AT&T is 'int'l' as well but don't quote me I could be wrong; hoping I am because that would be a godsend for all T-Mobile customers.

March 20, 2011 at 3:46 pm | Report abuse |
  9. edy

O!! God Nooooooooo!!! Please dont let this happen to me. AT&T was rated the wost Tel. Network

March 20, 2011 at 3:46 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Greta

Just called T-Mobile! They said that it will be about a year before everything is changed! If you keep your current plan nothing will change because of the "grandfather clause". But if you upgrade or change plans then current charges will apply. Wooo!

March 20, 2011 at 3:48 pm | Report abuse |
  11. cindy

This sucks! I HATE AT&T! TMobile has much cheaper plans!

March 20, 2011 at 3:51 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Reza

I hate AT&T and so do my customers. I Hope what you all are saying about they lay offs are not true. I NEED MY JOB! BOOOOOOOH

March 20, 2011 at 4:09 pm | Report abuse |
  13. NFM

I'm not sure how to feel about this. The area that I'm in the best service is Verizon...ALWAYS full bars. I have T-Mobile right now and I can barely get a signal in a lot of places. I hope the AT&T deal will open it up a bit more since I know a few people that have AT&T and it seems to work for them.

March 20, 2011 at 4:10 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jessa

Go check and see what kind of coverage they have in your area!!!!

March 20, 2011 at 6:58 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Kane

Are you serious?!?! This is DISGUSTING. AT&T gives money to the Tea Party... I refuse to give them my money. So long, tmo usa... so much for what I thought was the last bastion of hope in the US telecom market.

March 20, 2011 at 4:11 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Melissa

Y'all are freaking out over nothing. Att is a great provider and I have NEVER had issues with customer service or service in general.

March 20, 2011 at 4:13 pm | Report abuse |