AT&T to acquire T-Mobile USA
March 20th, 2011

AT&T to acquire T-Mobile USA

AT&T will acquire T-Mobile USA from Deutsche Telekom for an estimated $39 billion, the companies said in a joint release Sunday.

Post by:
Filed under: Business • Economy
  1. John

After AT&T allowed the NSA to tap everyone’s communication and data-mine customer call records, they should have been sued out of existence. This country needs a corporate death sentence. T-Mobile, like Qwest Communications, refused to cooperate with Bush’s NSA and violate longstanding communications privacy laws. I signed-up with T-Mobile for that reason. Now I don’t know what I’m going to do; I’d rather be eaten by wolves that make a call on AT&T’s network.

March 20, 2011 at 4:15 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jessa

FYI: AT&T and Tmo have "partner coverage" contracts, which means you probably have been using AT&T's network!!!!!

March 20, 2011 at 7:00 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Thomas

No!! I've been with T-mobile since they were Voicestream back in 1998. This is terrible news...

March 20, 2011 at 4:17 pm | Report abuse |
  3. bikrame

nooOOOOOOO I hate AT&T they are expensive !

March 20, 2011 at 4:31 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Jimbo

This is great news for both AT&T and T-Mobile users! All you haters should read about the MERGER before making comments. The new AT&T will be using AT&T and T-mobile cell towers to improver service for everyone. What would have taken AT&T 5 years of work to put up towers will now be done in 12 months, not to mention the extra bandwidth that will now be shared. I've been with AT&T for 5 years now and couldn't be happier with the service, device choices, & data speeds. Congrats AT&T, good luck keeping up Verizon, your ancient technology and weak finances will need it.

March 20, 2011 at 4:32 pm | Report abuse |
    • Mahi

you are acting like a att spokesperson 🙂 common get real i wad iphone user with att and it was awful what they did . calls drop in cities , they want to hook you to wifi all the time and data transfer is miserable all the time untill u connect to ur own wifi network and why we need to do that if we are paying big money to att for data. Compare Sprint HTC EVO 4G vs iPhone data transfer rate u will see the difference. I love iphone and HTC but i don't like att data limits and speed.

March 20, 2011 at 5:02 pm | Report abuse |
    • Ny2Tx

I agree jimbo this is a win win for both companies, these people only think worst case scenarios on here

March 20, 2011 at 5:10 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Eric Huntington

Consider Credo mobile. They do not support the Repubs like At&t and Verizon

March 20, 2011 at 4:33 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Dave & Jean

This is no good...Been with T-Mobile for 7 years. My be looking for a new CO. Really don't like AT&T.

March 20, 2011 at 4:45 pm | Report abuse |
    • PTG

I agree I'v been with t-mobile for 10 years . This is F***n awful .. I will now start to look for another company.. AT&t will screw this up so bad I HATE AT&T... No Good

March 20, 2011 at 4:48 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Mahi

Its good that i shifted from T-mobile to Sprint. I'm very happy with service n data. There billing is awesome and you get 25% discount for the corporate companies. ATT wants to be dictator and which is never good in industry . They dictate terms which is never ever good for customers. Already after iPhone att became junk in there in service with call drops and Now T-mobile is in soup. ATT should be sued for there data plan and the cost they are taking from customers. Everyone has right to get unlimited without these data limit. If they can't give data then why they want to release smart phones in first place.

March 20, 2011 at 4:53 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Omar

Well, say goodbye to unlimited data, neither att nor verizon provide unlimited. sprint just sucks. hey atleast we dont need to worry about iphone unlocking anymore.

March 20, 2011 at 4:58 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Marc

Another German company leaving the US market.

March 20, 2011 at 4:59 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Rashad Parks

I'm upset with this merger! I have been with T-Mobile for 4 years with any problems and I love T-mobile. I left At&t because of its poor customer service, poor choice phone choice, and bad phone service and data plan. Now my phone bill is going to be high because of At&t service is already high and not affordable.

March 20, 2011 at 4:59 pm | Report abuse |
    • Rashad Parks

without any problems with T-mobile!

March 20, 2011 at 5:00 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Paul

ATT sucks!!! They are 2 very EXPENSIVE!

March 20, 2011 at 5:01 pm | Report abuse |
  12. azram

We think worse-case because history repeats itself...

March 20, 2011 at 5:22 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Nell

I hate at&t I left them n came to t mobile now I have to b stuck with those losers again customer service sucks phones sucks I hope this is not final Omg wht other companies r left in Richmond Va????

March 20, 2011 at 5:27 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Cindy

I was with ATT and switched to Cingular. ATT bought them out.

I switched to Tmobile, now ATT buys them out.

I'm starting to think ATT is out to get me.

March 20, 2011 at 5:54 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Tristan Thomas

This makes me really sad. I wonder how the different manufactures will react to this. More carriers produced more phones which produced more options. So to see T-Mobile go is sad.

However, its not all bad. T-Mobile issued a statement regarding the acquisition.

In the statement they gave a few of the common questions they were asked and answer to them regarding the buy out. You can check it out here: goo.gl/hYN9u

March 20, 2011 at 5:54 pm | Report abuse |