Gotta Watch: Human shuttle; Sheen smooch; car seat guidelines
More than 2000 Kennedy Space Center workers form a human shuttle.
March 22nd, 2011

Gotta Watch: Human shuttle; Sheen smooch; car seat guidelines

Shuttle mob? – No, this is not some sort of nerdy, space flash mob. It's 2100 Kennedy Space Center employees gathered in formation of a shuttle to memorialize the soon-to-be defunct shuttle program.

Kimmel gets a Sheen kiss – He's the gift that keeps on giving when it comes to "did-he-just-do-that?" moments. Jimmy Kimmel gets a great, big, wet, sloppy dog kiss from none other than the spotlight hound himself, Charlie Sheen.

Car seat confusion? – If you're unsure about the new car seat safety guidelines for kids up to age 13, Dr. Sanjay Gupta is here to explain. And kids, according to these guidelines, it looks like you're gonna be riding in the backseat for a while.

Post by:
Filed under: Charlie Sheen • Gotta Watch • Showbiz • Shuttle • Space • TV
  1. Lola

May a propose a Charlie Sheen news blackout? Say, until 2020?

Please?

March 22, 2011 at 12:21 pm | Report abuse |
    • PunkKid

Completely agree with Charles, and completely disagree with Lola. Charlie Sheen is WINNING and will probably get the $3 million he demands. Les Moonves is a stupid tool but he does acknowledge that CBS needs Charlie.

March 22, 2011 at 12:52 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jeff

What I don't get about it, is that the stupid show (2.5 men) isn't even particularly funny. It's campy and predictable and wouldn't be much of a loss if it went off the air. What's the big deal with all of this?

March 22, 2011 at 6:20 pm | Report abuse |
    • john

no. Charlie sheen is f***ing awesome. Go home troll.

March 22, 2011 at 6:42 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Cesar r

@Lola: Yes, you may propose a Charlie Sheen news blackout until 2020, but you are not going to get it.

March 22, 2011 at 12:26 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Charles

don]t need a blackout. see technology wizards have invented a "off" button. it is hardly ever used but its there.

March 22, 2011 at 12:37 pm | Report abuse |
  4. KS

The shuttle reminds me of a human body part....gotta love the engineers!

March 22, 2011 at 12:54 pm | Report abuse |
    • Sutler

Jealous?

March 22, 2011 at 1:36 pm | Report abuse |
    • Buck

You must think about that certain body part a lot for you to make a comment like that.

March 22, 2011 at 2:49 pm | Report abuse |
    • wasserball

I hope it wasn't the engineers who thought of this time wasting activity. Lay them all off, now.

March 22, 2011 at 3:53 pm | Report abuse |
  5. C'jae

No need to be coy! If you had been reading between all lines way before this skit started, you would have "Sheen" it coming! ROTFL!

March 22, 2011 at 12:56 pm | Report abuse |
    • Sutler

Did it take you all morning to come up with that one?

A better one liner would have been...

Charlie Sheen and Lindsay Lohan should make a show together called "Two and a Half Grams."

March 22, 2011 at 1:28 pm | Report abuse |
    • sure

Enough with the text speak, kid. Get back to your class.

March 22, 2011 at 1:38 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jimmy C

Re: 2.5Gs – that might work, but it would have to be a 5 min pilot – those two could probably finish that off in less time than a commercial.

March 22, 2011 at 2:56 pm | Report abuse |
  6. C'jae

Let's be honost, Charlie Sheen IS Living, and Loving it! Gotta Love Him!

March 22, 2011 at 1:04 pm | Report abuse |
    • Sutler

Love is such a strong word. I prefer the phrase, "gotta ignore him."

March 22, 2011 at 1:25 pm | Report abuse |
  7. dewwap

Oh jimmy you cant imagine where chares mouth has been. then again same can be said for sarah silverman and that didnt stop you...

March 22, 2011 at 2:10 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Rod C. Venger

Let's see, 2000 people at say, $30/hour each, that's a $60,000 waste of taxpayer money. Good going guys!

March 22, 2011 at 3:12 pm | Report abuse |
    • wasserball

agreed. nothing else to do. the shuttles are retiring.

March 22, 2011 at 3:51 pm | Report abuse |
    • syzygy

Actually, this activity was mandated to be on the contractor or civil service employee's own time (either vacation, comp, or flex). How do I know? I was in the middle of that formation and worked late an extra hour to make up my time. Additional cost to the taxpayers = zero. Plus, the NASA helicopter that took the photo was on a training mission already, so that didn't add any cost either. I'm proud to have been a member of the space shuttle team for more than twenty years, and feel this was a nice send-off for a team of highly-skilled, dedicated, and hard-working Americans.

March 22, 2011 at 4:42 pm | Report abuse |
  9. aj

Amen to Sutler! They are so annoyed than newborn babies!

March 22, 2011 at 3:15 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Soulcatcher

I propose a reality show with Chuck Norris, Jack Bauer and Charlie Sheen. I think you know where I'm heading....

Charlie: Blah Blah you're a bunch of trolls, now pay me my $4 million an episode.
    Jack: you get $4million? I get $600K, but excuse me while I almost die and fall off a cliff until the next episode.
    Chuck: [both Charlie and Jack turn into dust after a spinning karate kick sends them off the cliff.]
    I've just saved the world from you two. [collects the $100 bucks from the TV exec]

March 22, 2011 at 4:27 pm | Report abuse |
  11. banasy

Sutler, as usual, you crack me up. How ya been, anyway?

March 22, 2011 at 5:08 pm | Report abuse |
    • Sutler

Been fairly busy the past week and a half or so. Haven't been able to comment as much as normal. How are things at your end Banasy?

March 23, 2011 at 10:31 am | Report abuse |
  12. jj

Hahaha! Good one sut! Lmao

March 22, 2011 at 5:19 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Shoooo

I tink I did a stinkie. Shooo : )

March 22, 2011 at 8:59 pm | Report abuse |
  14. GoodAdvice

"No, this is not some sort of nerdy, space flash mob."

I expected the next sentence to be: "Oh wait, yes it is."

March 22, 2011 at 9:29 pm | Report abuse |
  15. chrissy

@syzygy dont let em bother u they are just jealous and i would much rather my tax dollars go to u guys making history rather than the fools in dc destroying it. be proud uve earned it.

March 22, 2011 at 9:45 pm | Report abuse |