Soldier accused of killing Afghan civilians pleads guilty
March 23rd, 2011

Soldier accused of killing Afghan civilians pleads guilty

Attorneys for Army Spc. Jeremy Morlock entered guilty pleas on his behalf at the beginning of a court martial proceeding Wednesday to charges that he murdered Afghan civilians while serving in Afghanistan in 2010.

German news outlet Der Spiegel recently published photographs of what appear to be two U.S. soldiers - including Morlock - posing over the bodies of Afghans.

Lt. Col. Kwasi Hawks, the military judge in the case, said he will question Morlock and hear from witnesses before he approves a plea deal.

FULL STORY
Post by:
Filed under: Courts • Crime • Justice
  1. Dan

@Me.. If your Grandma is dead I don't care, I can dig her out and fukk her.

March 24, 2011 at 12:05 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Dan

Ok Me I'm sorry but I am jealous, I will stop right now

March 24, 2011 at 12:07 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Me

@Dan: I'm pretty sure Satan will let you be a necro all you want. Maybe you should try offing yourself and find out. Goodbye. Hope one day you find God or at least sanity.

March 24, 2011 at 12:08 pm | Report abuse |
  4. CNN Hitler Youth

Yes this topic of discussion is much better than poking fun at Lindsay Lohan's no life having fans. Heil Turner!

March 24, 2011 at 12:36 pm | Report abuse |
  5. R3

There is no "fighting for our freedom" here. These guys were serial killers put where they could carry out their fantasy. 24 years is not appropriate-They Might Get Out Early! For all the people they killed or may have killed, he should probably be executed.

March 24, 2011 at 1:26 pm | Report abuse |
  6. banasy

Hi chrissie, wherever you are.

And I did write both posts, Jazz7. But then I know our names are hijacked all the time. But I think I'm sweet anyway! 🙂

March 24, 2011 at 2:45 pm | Report abuse |
  7. mo

24 years in prison is not enough. How did we get here? These illegal wars have brought a serious degradation of values. What a shame– this man was representing our country and he's not alone in having committed atrocious acts. How will we ever renew our values as a nation– human rights, civil liberties, justice for all? Amazing how war can destroy everything precious including our youth.

March 24, 2011 at 3:51 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Carlos Navarro

The predictiable, inevitable loss of moral compass of burnt-out soldiers caught in a mindless war, as depicted in "The Valley of Elah," a must-see film for those who have been duped into believing that all our "boys" in Iraq and Afghanistan are there building schools and fighting for democracy. The time is long-overdue to bring them home.

March 24, 2011 at 6:57 pm | Report abuse |