Soldier accused of killing Afghan civilians pleads guilty
March 23rd, 2011

Soldier accused of killing Afghan civilians pleads guilty

Attorneys for Army Spc. Jeremy Morlock entered guilty pleas on his behalf at the beginning of a court martial proceeding Wednesday to charges that he murdered Afghan civilians while serving in Afghanistan in 2010.

German news outlet Der Spiegel recently published photographs of what appear to be two U.S. soldiers - including Morlock - posing over the bodies of Afghans.

Lt. Col. Kwasi Hawks, the military judge in the case, said he will question Morlock and hear from witnesses before he approves a plea deal.

FULL STORY
Post by:
Filed under: Courts • Crime • Justice
  1. Spock

@banasy, thanks for the explanation

March 23, 2011 at 8:19 pm | Report abuse |
  2. God

Ass

March 23, 2011 at 8:59 pm | Report abuse |
  3. God

The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.... Or the one. So true my green blooded friend... Well unless you suggest that we have a communist revolution which I'm against. Too much death and it doesn't solve the "elitist" problem. Just creates new ones.

March 23, 2011 at 9:01 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Mmmmm

Space Cadet!

March 23, 2011 at 10:42 pm | Report abuse |
  5. chrissy

lol mmm if only it were that easy eh?

March 23, 2011 at 10:56 pm | Report abuse |
  6. nm

wow that's some poor reporting on the part of CNN, Morlock actually confessed that he and other members of his unit would hunt innocent civilians and then make them appear to be insurgents, do a quick search for his name and you'll get the whole story. I guess it's too much for an American news agency to report the entire story when it makes the US look bad

March 23, 2011 at 11:18 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Dexter

So

March 23, 2011 at 11:42 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Ant

Murder is murder no matter where it is no matter who you are! If these civilians were unarmed and uninvolved there should have been no need what so ever to kill them! Jus because you are a soldier does not grant you the right to a licence to kill...your duty is to protect and serve, not to kill civilians and take pictures proud of what you have done! And sure some of our people got beheaded but if you act and think in the same manner as the ones that did that than whats the difference between them and you?

March 23, 2011 at 11:51 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Me

I'm wondering if chrissy is hot or not.... I'm near the Detroit area and hotties are a rare commodity. Lol

March 24, 2011 at 11:11 am | Report abuse |
  10. Dan

@Me The only hot one is your mother, she's so hot that lava comes out of her ass

March 24, 2011 at 11:27 am | Report abuse |
  11. Me

@Dan: My mother is a beautiful woman. Sorry yours is a street walker. I'd pick on other people's moms too if mine was currently enrolled in a needle exchange program.

March 24, 2011 at 11:43 am | Report abuse |
  12. Dan

@Me... Do you think I can meet your Mom? I would like to fukk her, pls tell her to sukk my dikk

March 24, 2011 at 11:47 am | Report abuse |
  13. Me

@Dan: I think she's a bit old for you and the wrong gender. Maybe you should try a day care or playground.

March 24, 2011 at 11:57 am | Report abuse |
  14. Dan

@Me..Pls tell your Mom to stop fukkin your stupid Dad, I'm gonna sukk her ass, pls Me I beg you to introduce your fukkin Mom to me, I can also fukk your Grandma if you want.

March 24, 2011 at 11:58 am | Report abuse |
  15. Me

@Dan: I'm disturbed enough by humanity without reading this. 🙂 Maybe you should try losing some weight and working out a bit then you can get real women instead of using a fleshlight while playing WoW. Just a tip from me to you. If you're jealous that I asked if chrissy was hot then maybe you should ask her out? She might like creepers. Many girls do.

March 24, 2011 at 12:04 pm | Report abuse |