Accused cop killer surrenders after hostage standoff
Jamie Donnell Hood, accused of killing a police officer, surrenders Friday night after a hostage standoff in Athens, Georgia.
March 25th, 2011

Accused cop killer surrenders after hostage standoff

A suspect accused of killing a Georgia police officer and wounding another one surrendered to authorities Friday night after a hostage standoff.

The incident was captured by television cameras as officers arrested suspect Jamie Donnell Hood in Athens, Georgia.

Earlier Friday, Hood released four of eight hostages. It is not yet known how long the hostages had been held or if they had been harmed.

Hood is wanted in connection with Tuesday's slaying of Senior Police Officer Elmer "Buddy" Christian, 34, and the wounding of Senior Police Officer Tony Howard, 43.

FULL POST
Post by:
Filed under: Crime • Georgia
  1. Kabongo

@DnR...God bless you and your family... Death doesn't know color or race

March 26, 2011 at 12:35 am | Report abuse |
  2. BATMAN

^^^^^^^^^^^^^I'M BATMAN^^^^^^^^^^^^^

March 26, 2011 at 12:36 am | Report abuse |
    • Mmmmm

Where were you and your sidekick, dynamic-duo, when the metropolitan needed you?!?!?!? Another BAT DOWN neglect...

March 26, 2011 at 1:52 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Christopher

I have a masters in geology, yet I was smart enough to brush aside the left wing lies in some of the various classes I had. I RECOGNIZED the BS. Left wingers can't, because they are stupid and delusional and are the perfect sheep.

March 26, 2011 at 12:40 am | Report abuse |
    • Mmmmm

well...that just makes you an educated fool...

March 26, 2011 at 2:03 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Kabongo

Christopher appears to be a very angry person... You might need to search your soul and figure out why you are so Racist and Angry..... No matter how Angry and Racist you are, you can never change the message this great country shows to the rest of the world. You need to change and free your soul from that rotting disease called HATE!!!!

March 26, 2011 at 12:43 am | Report abuse |
  5. Tumak

Let me guess,
    Black male?

I honestly never saw a picture but from what I have seen concerning crime since I can remember, my educated guess has around a 92% probability of being right. Does that anger anyone? Am I right?
    If it angers you, you are a left winger. You know what they say, to make a Republican angry you tell them a lie, but to make a left wing liberal angry you tell the truth!

March 26, 2011 at 12:44 am | Report abuse |
  6. john

damn they didnt shot and kill him?....disappointing...

March 26, 2011 at 12:45 am | Report abuse |
  7. trl

...i am VERY dissappointed he wasn't himself killed.....he deserved to be gunned down at the first oppertunity. that POS coward deserves to be burned at the stake or hung for a high tree.

March 26, 2011 at 12:56 am | Report abuse |
  8. gdsfdsf

He didn't do the right thing. Hood should have cut his own throat. I hope someone does it for him in prison.

March 26, 2011 at 12:58 am | Report abuse |
  9. Sunar From Indonesia Phone: 628993362379 Web: http://zonacyber.xtgem.com

maybe u better surrender than shot to death

March 26, 2011 at 12:58 am | Report abuse |
  10. James

Christopher has a small mind and should be ignored. I'll pray for you.

March 26, 2011 at 1:00 am | Report abuse |
  11. yolondahenderson

I dont like baby killers n rapist

March 26, 2011 at 1:00 am | Report abuse |
  12. eh

What do you call a plane with 500 African Americans heading to Africa? This sums it up.....

A good start. Sad but true. ciao

March 26, 2011 at 1:00 am | Report abuse |
  13. RC

Thanks, you made my life a whole lot easier now that judging people based on their skin color is justified. It was getting too difficult to take into account so many other variables (e.g., personality, values) in making those judgements. Black and white thinking makes so much more sense now that you have explained it! You lack empathy for an entire race of people and I feel sorry for you, Sir.

March 26, 2011 at 1:01 am | Report abuse |
  14. wow

Man some people just have issues. Politics are a crock. idk why people even listen to these fools anymore. None of them are for the people they are only for themselves so why does anyone like any side? They all suck whether you're left right up or down.

March 26, 2011 at 1:03 am | Report abuse |
  15. byron

the man had some problems and chris i agree with u but christopher u got a problem u cant have a degree u sound real stupid

March 26, 2011 at 1:06 am | Report abuse |