Sources: Hole in US Airways jet caused by bullet
This US Airways 737 was grounded in Charlotte, North Carolina, on Monday after a small hole was found in its fuselage.
March 29th, 2011

Sources: Hole in US Airways jet caused by bullet

A hole in a US Airways jet that landed in Charlotte, North Carolina, on Monday was caused by a bullet, two government sources tell CNN.

The sources say a bullet has been recovered inside the Boeing 737-400.

The aircraft had flown to Charlotte from Philadelphia and was being prepped for another flight on Monday when the pilot discovered the hole above a passenger window toward the back of the plane, according to airline officials. The airline pulled the plane from service and called in the FBI.

"We do not believe it's terrorism related," said one of the government sources. "It appears to be a random event. We do not believe the plane was targeted."

One source told CNN that officials believe the bullet was fired in Charlotte after passengers had exited the aircraft.

FULL STORY
Post by:
Filed under: Air travel • North Carolina • Travel
  1. Andreas Moser

With Al-Qaeda's recruitment problems (http://andreasmoser.wordpress.com/2010/10/30/diy-terror/), you could believe that they only find jihadists who are shooting at planes with a pistol.

March 29, 2011 at 4:34 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Redneck Skeet Shooter near the Airport

PULL!!

March 29, 2011 at 4:47 pm | Report abuse |
  3. American Idiot

Sounds like a couple of NRA drones having a pi$$ing match.

"I bet I could hit the plane over there."
    "No way man."
    BANG
    "Whoah, dude, you hit it. I don't believe it."

March 29, 2011 at 4:50 pm | Report abuse |
  4. raven

Thats the kinda pilot I want doing pre-flight checks. Good eye!!

March 29, 2011 at 5:05 pm | Report abuse |
    • LongTimeObserver

BINGO!

March 29, 2011 at 5:29 pm | Report abuse |
  5. 2pac

Dat bullet got white man written all ova it, prolly sum dude lost his job n wanna shoot erybody smh

March 29, 2011 at 5:30 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Philip

It looks like another act of domestic terrorism to me. I wonder what the score is International vs. Domestic.

March 29, 2011 at 5:42 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Philip

@Andreas...Al Quida's recruitment problems? As if we don't have our own to deal with. Ever heard of Combat Services Ltd.? They go around recruiting foreign-trained military personell for the US government. Several nations have complained to the UN concerning this illegal activity, yet it continues. example: a Chilean soldier is offered 5,800/mo(much more than we pay our own recruits). to go AWOL and fight for the USA. in Afghanistan or Iraq. And don't be so quick to label resistance to the occupying forces as "al-quida". Most of it comes from people simply defending their homeland against the invading forces. Imagine the roadside bombs you and I could come up with if ever we were occupied. Who in their right mind wouldn't defend their land if invaded....for any reason. It's MY land. I could care less if any government says it's ok for you to invade it. Do so at your own peril.

March 29, 2011 at 5:56 pm | Report abuse |
  8. raven

Hey Philip ! Long time no see again! You really think it was an act of terrorism ?

March 29, 2011 at 6:00 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Jazz7

Why didn't some one hear the shot as the passenger left the plane as the article said. Why was a passenger aloud on the plane with a gun?

March 29, 2011 at 6:04 pm | Report abuse |
    • Hangedman

Where did it say that a passenger on the plane fired the shot? It was a drunk Charlotte redneck who took a shot at the plane while it was landing.

March 29, 2011 at 9:40 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Herbert

I think the bullet came from a" Mr. I'm Tough guy." Ah raven and Jazz, two lovely awesome females for sure. Philip always a gentleman and knows his stuff. I wouldn't blogg anywhere else.

March 29, 2011 at 6:37 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Philip

Yeah. Holes in airliners are terrible. I suspect this one was made by a domestic terrorist. If it were an international terrorist, someone would be taking credit for it. Anything that causes terror (extreme fear) is an act of terrorism. holes in aircraft are a source of fear dontcha know? good to see you too raven.

March 29, 2011 at 6:39 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Jazz7

I know I rarely respond to anyone else's blogs but my gang. HEY NORM , lol

March 29, 2011 at 6:42 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Philip

Herbert? Is that you Big Joe? he he...and thanks for your kind words. And yep! raven and Jazz7 are top-shelf. (airheads that can't be reached!) lmao...just kidding girls. yer the bees knees for sure.

March 29, 2011 at 6:52 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jazz7

oooo, haven't heard that one in a long time , thanks Phillip

March 29, 2011 at 6:59 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Philip

I'm getting on the road, so I will check back later. (I'd keep chatting, but banasy doesn't like me if I texti-drive)

March 29, 2011 at 6:54 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jazz7

yes , my co-worker received a picture of a car crash, were the drivers car was smushed into the front of a semi and the you had to scroll down and saw the drivers body chopped in half with his spine completely exposed. that stopped me form ever texting and driving again.

March 29, 2011 at 7:06 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Herbert

Yes Philip, it's me. Drive safe.

March 29, 2011 at 7:01 pm | Report abuse |