The day's most popular stories
The eagle ray that fell onto Jenny Hausch weighed about 300 pounds.
March 29th, 2011

The day's most popular stories

The five most popular stories on CNN.com in the past 24 hours, according to NewsPulse.

Eagle ray pins woman in boat: An eagle ray weighing as much as 300 pounds landed on top of a woman on a boat in the Florida Keys last week, throwing her to the deck and pinning her underneath it.

Pilot finds hole in plane's fuselage: FBI investigators were working Tuesday to discover what caused a small hole in the body of a US Airways jet.

Girl, denied access to U.S., will try again: A 4-year-old U.S. citizen who was unable to enter the country this month because of a possible communications mix-up is expected to attempt the journey again on Wednesday, according to her lawyer.

American students a no-show in Acapulco: Folk musician Raymundo Oregon knows Acapulco's seasons and the tourists. He's seen the good times and the bad, and this is definitely a low point for his beloved coastal city.

Explosions in Tripoli, 'carnage' in Misrata: Forces loyal to Libyan leader Moammar Gadhafi went on the attack Tuesday, pushing opposition fighters back to the outskirts of a key oil town, rebels said.

Post by:
Filed under: Immigration • Libya • Most Popular • Travel
  1. BATMAN

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^I'M BATMAN^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

March 29, 2011 at 11:55 pm | Report abuse |
  2. jules sand-perkins

Good.
    Please send Robin to stick a wad of his bubble gum into that bullet hole in the US Airways jet.
    The pilot has finished his martini and wants to go now.

March 30, 2011 at 5:15 am | Report abuse |
  3. popeye

What about the air traffic control guy!

March 30, 2011 at 6:52 am | Report abuse |
  4. jules sand-perkins

He's still tired.
    Let him sleep a little longer, then take him to Starbucks. Their espresso is as good as his work ethic.

March 30, 2011 at 7:16 am | Report abuse |
  5. popeye

sorry wrong story! dang now people shoting at planes maybe

March 30, 2011 at 7:50 am | Report abuse |
    • Jazz7

It's ok, I think it was raven who suggested that it may be some one near the airport doing target practice , The extreemist shoot to kill , not practice.

Beautiful "Eagle Ray"
      God does such a wonderful job in making his animals doesnt he?

March 30, 2011 at 9:17 am | Report abuse |
  6. jules sand-perkins

A guy went to the gas chamber about 50 years ago for sending his mother off on a plane with a bomb in her suitcase. You know what happened to the plane.
    I wonder what penalty that guy would get today.

March 30, 2011 at 8:26 am | Report abuse |
  7. jules sand-perkins

Something deep inside me would absolutely prevent my using an airplane for target practice.

March 30, 2011 at 9:23 am | Report abuse |
  8. HelenHull102951

Concerning the story about the girl not being allowed back into the US, if she is not a leagal citizen of this country then she should'nt be allowed to enter. And as for her parents, if they are not leagal then they should have to go. There are way,way too many illeagals in our country as it is!! The gov of this country has dropped the ball on secureing our borders from unwanted and freeloading immigrents as it is.. (Gov. Jan Brewer of Ariz. has the right idea!!!) (OBAMA SECURE OUR BORDERS).

March 30, 2011 at 9:47 am | Report abuse |
  9. raven

Its off topic but I just read the story about the 14yr old Bangladeshi girl who was lashed to death after being forcefully (ahem )taken by her uncle,then her death was deemed a suicide ! Im just so sad and sick over it, and I hope it gets way more coverage .and people say Sharia law is just .

March 30, 2011 at 10:10 am | Report abuse |
  10. raven

And I dont even think they were practicing, I think they were prolly just carelessly plinkin off rounds.

March 30, 2011 at 10:15 am | Report abuse |
  11. jules sand-perkins

You're right, raven. Sharia law is barbaric.

March 30, 2011 at 10:16 am | Report abuse |
  12. raven

I know right, Jules? Ive been obsessing over it since I read the article. It took her a week to die and her last words were ' Im innocent '.ugh.just ugh .

March 30, 2011 at 10:20 am | Report abuse |
  13. jules sand-perkins

It's astounding to me that in this century humans are still stoned to death, and I don't need another lesson from any writer telling me that the Prophet modified his teaching on stoning. Stoning is still in the Koran. If the Prophet lightened up on it later, edit a new version for this century.

March 30, 2011 at 10:26 am | Report abuse |
  14. popeye

Everyday news is always bad news any more

March 30, 2011 at 10:31 am | Report abuse |
  15. jules sand-perkins

Hey, pretty pessimistic, Popeye! There's always a little good stuff to find on TV. I try to focus on that.
    Now what happened good today–oh, I bought London Broil on sale. (Not Sharia slaughtered–that's cruel.)

March 30, 2011 at 10:37 am | Report abuse |