Gotta Watch: Sheen's winning ways
April 4th, 2011

Gotta Watch: Sheen's winning ways

He became a Twitter phenom overnight and added the phrases "tiger blood" and "winning" to the cultural lexicon. But the recent obsession with all-things Charlie Sheen couldn't save him from terrible reviews for his stage tour debut. Today's Gotta Watch focuses on how this A-list actor has reinvented himself into an internet sensation thanks to his rants and odd behavior. Watch the recent evolution of Charlie Sheen.

Sheen's losing debut – File this under #notwinning. Detroit fans booed and heckled Charlie Sheen during the opening of his "Violent Torpedo of Truth" tour. Even his "tiger blood" couldn't save Sheen from the critical audience. Was it the crack jokes about the Motor City or the circus-like atmosphere that got fans upset? Now you can judge for yourself.

[cnn-video url="http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/showbiz/2011/04/04/bts.charlie.sheen.show.detroit.cnn"%5D

Sheen can't remember his last drug usage – He claimed to cure himself of drug addiction, which is what made Piers Morgan's February interview with Charlie Sheen so intriguing. To up the ante, Sheen brought what he claimed was a recent drug test to prove that he was indeed clean and sober.

[cnn-video url="http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/bestoftv/2011/02/28/exp.piers.charlie.sheen.drugs.cnn"%5D

Charlie Sheen: The smoking machine – There's probably a metaphor to be made between Charlie Sheen's rampant cigarette use and his showbiz career going up in smoke. We'll let you make that call, but while you're thinking, check out this video of Sheen dragging it out during his many interviews.

[cnn-video url="http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/offbeat/2011/03/09/moos.sheen.smoking.cnn"%5D

Watch Piers Morgan Live weeknights 9 p.m. ET. For the latest from Piers Morgan click here.

Post by:
Filed under: Celebrity • Charlie Sheen • Drugs • Gotta Watch • Michigan • Showbiz • TV • TV-Piers Morgan
  1. JAZZ

Thank you , just don't want to go through this , hurts too much.

April 4, 2011 at 3:07 pm | Report abuse |
  2. JohnRJ08

"Gotta Watch"? Are you kidding me?

April 4, 2011 at 3:11 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Satan

Its ok Jazz, you don't have to worry about Me anymore, I will try my best for you to live a healthy life and help you not to meet Me.

April 4, 2011 at 3:11 pm | Report abuse |
  4. JAZZ

Peace , Satan, now go with God and love on all.

April 4, 2011 at 3:17 pm | Report abuse |
  5. kayaker247

I think the crack jokes were in bounds. seems like the idiot crowd ruined the show more than Charlie.

April 4, 2011 at 3:18 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Devin

Lost interest in the Charlie Sheen article because this thread is hilarious on its own.

@RUFFNUTT, you cracked me up with that "admantium rope +1 vs demons"
    @ Satan, funny stuff
    Oh, and a shout out to OcTears. As an Atheist, I loved that line about the easter bunny and tooth fairy.

Ok now, back to work for me.

April 4, 2011 at 3:19 pm | Report abuse |
  7. ole lady

I already met you satan and wasn't impressed. Your bark is worse than your bite.

April 4, 2011 at 3:24 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Romashka

I only got more confirmed that all that boo-ing was staged beforehand by trolls. They did not even allow him to speak out. Trolls were paid to do so. Charlie, hire some cheer leaders to anti-boo the boo-ing trolls. Watch out, Charlie. The crowed in Detroit was manipulated. Do your thing, Charlie. You have gifts. Nobody is telling you are flawless, but nobody is! Amidst what's going on with Fukushima and Lybia, you can bring some smiles to people! Just do it. And heck with "2 and a half men". If the executives do not see the value you are bringing to the show, silly them.

April 4, 2011 at 3:26 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Satan

@ole lady... I'm not going to chat with you, if you want to feel bad tonite, pls go ahead and curse me, I have nothing to loose, just be brave enough to withstand Me.

April 4, 2011 at 3:31 pm | Report abuse |
  10. ole lady

I don't curse you satan. You're just too big on yourself. I tolerate you on a daily basis.

April 4, 2011 at 3:48 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Satan

I'm beginning to like you and that's not good, you're making me feel soft and I don't like that.

April 4, 2011 at 3:51 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Ancient Marinator

Someone seem to have left a small child alone with a computer today. Ruggnut or satan or jazz, whatever, we can all see that you are the same person. Log off and let the grownups talk.

April 4, 2011 at 3:58 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Satan

@Ancient.... Do not confuse Me with no one, I'm one and the only one that can make you feel pain in a second, if you want to try, ask for it, I will be glad to show you who I am.

April 4, 2011 at 4:02 pm | Report abuse |
  14. faker

this just gets better and better!

April 4, 2011 at 4:45 pm | Report abuse |