April 6th, 2011

British airstrike in Libya damages major pipeline

A British airstrike has hit an oil field in Libya and caused damage to a main pipeline, according to the Libyan deputy foreign minister.

Post by:
Filed under: Libya
  1. Andreas Moser

Where is Red Adair?

April 6, 2011 at 6:05 pm | Report abuse |
  2. TriXen

I think we'll be seeing $5 per gallon very soon.

April 6, 2011 at 6:10 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Dim Mak

Gee what a surprise. BP stock goes down, so now they "accidentally" hit an oil pipeline which no doubt will be the reason oil/gas prices increase even more. You can't write a better script.

April 6, 2011 at 6:12 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Mike in AL

AH GREAT! Like gas prices werent already outrageous, now they have an excuse to jack it up more. Thanks guys!

April 6, 2011 at 6:13 pm | Report abuse |
  5. ...NOT!!!

You know, a duck could fart on the Moon, and the Wall Street clowns would raise the prices on oil futures. Considering how very little oil we *get* from Libya, why is this even a factor?

April 6, 2011 at 7:21 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Herbert

Just patch it up. No big deal.

April 6, 2011 at 7:23 pm | Report abuse |
    • Ryan

A patch means an extra "whatever they feel like spiking gas prices to" to fix.

April 6, 2011 at 8:46 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Specualtor

@....NOT!: Oh we will try justifying the price increases on this event and all the other instability around the world. Watch us! Ahahah!

April 6, 2011 at 7:27 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Herbert

I see that those cursed British are at it again causing as much mayhem as possible. Then again,these people have been at it for centuries!

April 6, 2011 at 7:28 pm | Report abuse |
  9. nur amabo nur

I guess they were aiming for the MMR and missed. I'm sure they will hit it soon enough. It takes a terrorist to know one.

April 6, 2011 at 7:43 pm | Report abuse |
  10. nur amabo nur

For those who don't know... MMR is how most civilians in libya get water. A hit on the MMR would effectively kill 4.5 million civilians. We used to call that genocide the current pc words are humanitarian aid. DON'T DO IT U.N. !

April 6, 2011 at 7:50 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Dim Mak

@Herbert: as a half brit mutt I can agree. Lol There's still a few centuries of make up that England needs to do. Not that every ethnicity doesn't have blood on their hands, but I'm hoping to erase the sins of my fathers asap, so the rest of humanity can be smote. The Mayans and Germans are eternally screwed though. I still think this was a purposeful oopsie to allow tinkering in the commodities market. The pilots are just given a flight plan, but they get their flight plans from higher ups... Prince Charles perhaps?

April 6, 2011 at 9:48 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Sharing

Check out mathaba.net

April 6, 2011 at 11:27 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Sharing

Not news

April 6, 2011 at 11:29 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Herbert

Sorry folks, I posted @ 7:28, but I was just joking, after all, I am a Tea Partier. I did NOT mean what I posted I wanted to get a reaction, and I did lol. I love the British-Long live the Queen of England; anyone who hates her is a bloody fool.

April 7, 2011 at 12:28 am | Report abuse |
    • Ernie Beatty

Thank you,Herbert. I feel the same way you do about the British and their queen. But then again,what do I know??? I'm still an ignorant Tea Partier and a drunk like you.

April 7, 2011 at 1:02 am | Report abuse |
    • John

Sorry Herbert,I see that some jerk just usurped your name here trying to make you look stupid. He does the same to me sometimes. These lowly Tea Partiers think of everything under the sun. Like you Herbert,I know how the British truly are and I know their national history.

April 7, 2011 at 1:24 am | Report abuse |
  15. YehBroh!

The story didn't say if this reduces the income of East Libya or the Tripoli regime. This is an important distinction.

April 7, 2011 at 1:00 am | Report abuse |