April 9th, 2011

'Serious casualties' from blast at Nigerian voting station

A bomb blast ripped through a voting station in northeastern Nigeria Saturday evening, causing "serious casualties," a spokesman for the National Emergency Management Agency said.

It was the third such explosion in the country since Friday.

Human Rights Watch estimates that at least 85 people have been killed in political violence in the run-up to the delayed national elections, being held over three days:  Saturday, April 16 and April 26.

FULL STORY
Post by:
Filed under: Nigeria
  1. banasy

Good night, Joey. Sleep well, sweet dreams, and thank you. 🙂

April 9, 2011 at 7:41 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Dim Mak

@inhisservice: I have been treated like garbage by many of Jesus' flock, so I have real doubts he represents the real creator. I believe in the real God (you know the nice one). Never should a person be tormented or whipped into submission that sounds like the Devil to me. What happened to not judging people? Lol oh that only applies when you deem fit eh?

April 9, 2011 at 7:43 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Dim Mak

@banasy: I already explained my requirements for handing over my eternal soul. Peace and love forever.

April 9, 2011 at 7:46 pm | Report abuse |
  4. banasy

Would that we could find utopia, Dim. I believe your soul will, in the end, be handled by gentle, loving hands.

Peace and love. forever.

April 9, 2011 at 8:07 pm | Report abuse |
  5. leeintulsa

Seems to me some of the third-world countries are trying to shake off their third-world status. That would take money from petty warlords and criminal interests that rely on chaos and corruption. Like weed dealers here voting against legalization. This, too, will pass.

April 9, 2011 at 8:18 pm | Report abuse |
    • Bdo

Not all weed dealers. LOL. I'm gonna go get my license here in Arizona in less than a month. But it doesn't mean people will stop coming to me because it still costs more to go to the dispensary. I doubt dealers are actually voting against it anyways. If your neighbor smells it before its legal they can call the police and get you in trouble. Afterwards they will likely assume it is a medical patient and not even bother.

April 10, 2011 at 1:15 pm | Report abuse |
  6. banasy

I'm getting *really* tired of chaos and destruction. Really, really tired of it.

Or maybe I'm just tired....

April 9, 2011 at 8:31 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Dim Mak

@banasy: It's Dim Mak not Dim. Lol a dim person is generallyë
    stupid, but I appreciate your pet name

April 9, 2011 at 10:08 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Dim Mak

@banasy: It's Dim Mak not Dim. Lol a dim person is generally
    stupid, but I appreciate your pet name

April 9, 2011 at 10:08 pm | Report abuse |
  9. banasy

*For those who will inevitably gripe about me being off topic, I will use OT when I’m about to do so. Feel free to skip my post. Carry on. Discuss.*

@Dim Mak: Noted. 😉

April 9, 2011 at 10:34 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Rupert world phonehacking

well rupert murdoch has the real scoop on this.. He got caught hacking any phone in the world using his worldwide military buddies to do it. So from now on we know fox has the true scoop direct from every violation of human rights privacy invasion as no government could ever do it. Rupert slease empires always ahead of the liberal wolf packs. Rupert wants you to have best oil prices for best military benefits.. Go rup!

April 9, 2011 at 10:36 pm | Report abuse |
  11. 5th

BIG badda-boom!

April 9, 2011 at 10:42 pm | Report abuse |
  12. George Patton

Now that’s one of the most sensible posts here yet. Thank you, Rupert world phonehacking

April 9, 2011 at 10:53 pm | Report abuse |