Thursday's live video events
April 21st, 2011

Thursday's live video events

Watch CNN.com Live for continuing coverage on the battle over federal spending.

Today's programming highlights...

10:30 am ET - Pentagon briefing on Afghanistan - U.S. and German military officials will talk with reporters on current military operations in Afghanistan.

3:00 pm ET - Obama's Nevada town hall - President Obama pays a visit to the "Biggest Little City in the World" today, but it's all about business.  He's in Reno, Nevada, for a town hall-style meeting to discuss relations between the government and the American public.

CNN.com Live is your home for breaking news as it happens.

Filed under: Afghanistan • Barack Obama • Budget • Dollars & Sense • Economy • Germany • Nevada • On CNN.com today • Politics • U.S. • War • World
  1. michaelfury

April 21, 2011 at 9:40 am | Report abuse |
  2. joe arapaho

Relations between government and public stand at an all time high thanks to
    forthright, earnest, efforts by the new generation of Republican congressman. They have refused to take money from PAC's. Thank you Republicans for helping this country be all it can be.
    Its is clear your interests are with the hard working men and women of this nation and not large corporations.
    Thank you for considering the end of Medicare, Medicaid, and social security.
    The American people can no longer afford these programs.

April 21, 2011 at 10:30 am | Report abuse |
    • joe arapaho

Sorry folks,I never posted that idiotic comment above. Some jerk is trying to make an absolute fool out of me. I'm not a right-wing idiot and I want everybody to know it!!!

April 21, 2011 at 12:08 pm | Report abuse |
  3. joe arapaho

Thank you for being strong like Ronald Regan and Dick Cheney. Two men who understood the importance of every increasing defense budgets. And the need for America to be the worlds preeminent military super power.
    Thank you congressman Corker for upholding the full faith and credit of the U.S government.

April 21, 2011 at 10:38 am | Report abuse |
    • Philip

Good grief joe,are you truly that naive or are you trying to be funny here? Anyone with half a brain would know better than that!!! Get serious!!!!

April 21, 2011 at 11:58 am | Report abuse |
    • Ernie Beatty

I agree with you,joe. In fact,you took the words right out of my mouth! Then again,what do I know? I'm just an ignorant Tea Partier!!!

April 21, 2011 at 12:27 pm | Report abuse |
  4. RUFFNUTT

Will Germany do the right thing and pull out of Afghanistan or will it cave in to the whims of the right-wing thugs in Washington and stay there indefinately? That I sincerely hope not!

April 21, 2011 at 12:03 pm | Report abuse |
  5. jazzzzzzzzzz

In genreal Germans are head strong....they don't follow they lead. What ever the decision it won't be because of Washington.

April 21, 2011 at 12:16 pm | Report abuse |
    • RUFFNUTT

The last time that any German Chancellor made any decision on his own since 1945 was when East German Chancellor Walter Unlbricht ordered the construction of the Berlin Wall in 1961.

April 21, 2011 at 1:12 pm | Report abuse |
  6. ole Lady

@ Jazzzzz. I got hijacked last night and I didn't post those mean comments towards you and others in the blog. So I prayed for whoever did say those things

April 21, 2011 at 12:30 pm | Report abuse |
    • joe arapaho

As you can see ole Lady,some clown hijacked my name above and posted his right-wing,idiotic nonsense under it in two statements trying to make an idiot out of me! I wish they'd stop that as it's not fair.

April 21, 2011 at 1:08 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jazzzzzzzz

I know I responded to you on several stories. You always gonna be good with me. 🙂

April 21, 2011 at 10:59 pm | Report abuse |
  7. banasy

@FRN: spoken like yet another name-hijacker. Right-wing thug, indeed.

April 21, 2011 at 2:58 pm | Report abuse |
  8. WungToo

Wow, OK thats actually kinda crazy when you think about it. Wow.

April 22, 2011 at 1:54 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Tol Trunks

Barry Hussein Obama is a member of Al-Qaeda. 2-3-2012.

April 25, 2011 at 2:55 am | Report abuse |