Gotta Watch: Royal wedding revue
Savile Row in cenral London is famous for traditional bespoke tailors.
April 22nd, 2011

Gotta Watch: Royal wedding revue

From wedding pizzas to a "Royal Virility Brew," final preparations are continuing for the Royal Wedding.  In one week, history will be made in Britain's first royal hoopla in decades.  Whether you're a Brit or not, you'll love today's Gotta Watch blog, where we'll bring you some fun factoids about the wedding.

Prince William to be suited up on Savile Row - Savile Row is a London street known for its men's tailor shops.  Fashion designer and bespoke tailor Ozwald Boateng takes CNN down Savile Row and discusses what Prince William will be wearing on his big day.

The Royal Wedding dress: A history - We're wondering what Catherine Middleton will be wearing next week, but what about the fashion choices of previous royal brides?  The senior curator at Kensington Palace gives us a look at royal gowns dating back as far as 1860.

'Don't touch the Queen' - "No fist bumps, no kissing on the cheek," says CNN's Isha Sesay to Anderson Cooper. Anderson gets schooled in royal protocol 101 and British food before the wedding. Just in case he meets the queen.

Watch Anderson Cooper 360° weeknights 8pm ET. For the latest from AC360° click here.

1. Col. Bat Guano

I don't get it.

April 22, 2011 at 12:45 pm | Report abuse |
    • snooper

Have you all noticed who is not invited to this great event. You are right.. BIO nor his wife. The occupant in the white house and his are not going. That is so smart on their part not to invite him.....

April 22, 2011 at 4:23 pm | Report abuse |
    • Mark

cnn started to blowing smoke up my ass with that royal wedding story . now takes several months to end. don't have better way to make news

April 24, 2011 at 2:27 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Billy Graham On A Whiskey Binge

I hate weddings.

April 22, 2011 at 12:48 pm | Report abuse |
    • Commenting your moronic post

You are right. Person like you should not reproduce

April 22, 2011 at 3:50 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Barney Fife LSD

I prefer funerals to weddings.

April 22, 2011 at 12:51 pm | Report abuse |
    • Commenting your moronic post

Right. Pls. forward the date of your, so we can all attend

April 22, 2011 at 3:52 pm | Report abuse |
    • Commenting your moronic post

@SLOPJAR
      We will be happy to comply with your wishes

April 22, 2011 at 3:55 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Bay Of Pigs Vet

I'd prefer to have Donald Trumps head in a vice grip so I could pop his eyeballs out and shove them back in.

April 22, 2011 at 1:04 pm | Report abuse |
    • Commenting your moronic post

How about to interchange at least one with yous??

April 22, 2011 at 3:58 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Bartleby

I prefer not to.

April 22, 2011 at 1:07 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Cesar

I am really excited about the upcoming royal wedding. I've been following this from the beginning. I think it's pretty fun to read about Prince William and his getting a tailored suit on the famous Savile Row. Darn, I wish I had enough money to fly over there to see the whole thing. The Royal family has always interested me. I always had the fantasy of being part of that famous family.

Boy oh Boy, I can't wait for the ceremonies next week! I will definitely have the CNN "Gotta Watch" blog bookmarked on my computer!

Cesar

April 22, 2011 at 1:14 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Bay of Pigs Vet

Ceasar, did you fantasize about Prince Willem?

April 22, 2011 at 1:30 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Bay of Pigs Vet

Ceasar, did you fantasize about Prince Willem? I think Anderson Cooper should give the queen a proper shag. Maybe she would loosen up, then.

April 22, 2011 at 1:33 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Bay of Pigs Vet

April 22, 2011 at 1:35 pm | Report abuse |
    • Commenting your moronic post

I suggest to eliminate from your username the words "bay of", "Vet" and the remaining letter "s"/

April 22, 2011 at 4:03 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Jinx

One thing I don't "Gotta Watch" is this royal wedding! And I'm not!

April 22, 2011 at 1:49 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Bogey

@Bay of Pigs Vet

You spent 5 minutes at your keyboard thinking all that up?

April 22, 2011 at 1:51 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Cesar

Dear Bay of Pigs Vet,

I am sorry if I offended you, due to my excitement, regarding the Royal Wedding and the Royal family. Everyone's opinions should be respected and I respect yours too.

I am also very impressed by your screen name. Were you one of the anti Castro Cuban exiles in Miami that was trained by the CIA? It is a horrible shame how the whole invasion turned out. I, too am a Cuban exile.

I am very happy to hear that Raul will be taking over the Cuban leadership. May God guide him in his efforts and also forgive Fidel for his sins.

Were you on board one of the six Douglas B-26 Invaders with the markings of F/A/G (Fuerza Aérea Guatemalteca)? Wow, I can't imagine how that must have felt, being a part of something that historical.

You are a brave man and a brave soldier. Thank you for your service to this country. And may God Bless You!

Cesar

April 22, 2011 at 1:59 pm | Report abuse |
    • Krista

Cesar,
      What an amazing post, you made my day. Happy Easter!

April 22, 2011 at 7:16 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Jinx

I personnaly think Bay Of Pigs Vet is not a vet at all. Just a pig. Doubtful he has served anything except ketchup with somebody's fries.

April 22, 2011 at 2:16 pm | Report abuse |
  14. pguru79

There is so much going on with Budget, layoffs and uncertainity with gas prices, do i really care to think about this wedding?
    It is a shame that even a top news broadcast like CNN would publish this article on it's main page, shame on you CNN. You made me realize that you too are like other news guys who publish something to make money rather than covering the current issues that our country is facing today.

April 22, 2011 at 2:18 pm | Report abuse |
  15. EMERSE

If you really car about this wedding then you are even more pathetic then the average American!

April 22, 2011 at 2:21 pm | Report abuse |