Lindsay Lohan jailed for violating probation
April 22nd, 2011

Lindsay Lohan jailed for violating probation

[7:30 p.m. ET, 4:30 p.m. PT] Lindsay Lohan was ordered Friday to serve 120 days in jail for violating her probation by getting arrested on allegations of stealing a necklace from a store.

Lohan was immediately taken into custody.

Her lawyer immediately filed a notice of appeal, which allowed her to post bond since the case involves a misdemeanor violation.

The judge set her bond at $75,000, which she was expected to post Friday evening.

The same judge earlier reduced her felony theft charge to a misdemeanor.

[5:30 p.m. ET, 2:30 p.m. PT] The judge has ruled that the necklace theft case against Lindsay Lohan will go forward to trial, but with the felony charge reduced to a misdemeanor.

"I'm going to give her an opportunity," Judge Stephanie Sautner said.

FULL STORY
Post by:
Filed under: Crime • Lindsay Lohan
  1. Leann

Ok i will share my son walked out of walmart with a 10$ t shirt 1st offense 1 yr probation 300$ fine and i am close to were Lohan Lives .broke him from stealing real fast.....

April 22, 2011 at 7:57 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Luke

if she stoled in Las Vegas, she would might of got a bigger sentence and a room by OJ maybe.

April 22, 2011 at 7:57 pm | Report abuse |
  3. jp

Has nothing to do with being famous or rich. Anyone who had a good lawyer would get the charge reduced and anybody with a public pretender or self representation would not.

April 22, 2011 at 7:57 pm | Report abuse |
  4. mike

another chance wolf wolf bail? its time for her to get nailed

April 22, 2011 at 7:58 pm | Report abuse |
  5. T

I I want to puke. A misdemeanor, are you kidding me. Another judge that wants to get his/her name in the news. Lindsay should get a life. Show young people what is the right thing to do and not be a dirtbag.

April 22, 2011 at 7:59 pm | Report abuse |
  6. mike

what happened to the other male judge that she was in front of? now another female judge to feel her pain

April 22, 2011 at 8:01 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Z

Our tax dollars pay for court and jail and all that crap why can't the tax payers decided what should happen to her??

April 22, 2011 at 8:01 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Name*Dodger

If someone else, would have got a stiffer punishment. Only in the great U. S. Of A.

April 22, 2011 at 8:03 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Janettte Kyle

OK SO WHATS UP WITH THE LAW FIRST OF ALL IF THAT HAD BEEN A BLACK PERSON ALL THESE CHANCES WOULD NOT BE THERE AND SECOND WHAT HAPPENED TO NO BAIL WITH PROBATION VIOLATION ATLEAST THATS WHAT I WAS TOLD WHEN I WAS ON PROBATION IN THE SAME STATE A VIOLATION SHOULD NOT CONSIST OF BAIL WHERE IS THE LESSON LEARNED

April 22, 2011 at 8:05 pm | Report abuse |
    • Leann

I was just thinking that myself, whats up with that?

April 22, 2011 at 8:46 pm | Report abuse |
  10. maclean

Lindsay Lohan is just another example of how trash with money can never buy class. That is the only thing not for sale in Hollywood. Ask Paris Hilton.

April 22, 2011 at 8:05 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Beth

Makes me sick. Normal folks would never get a reduced charge or bond on a revocation, regardless of the charge classification. I wouldn't waste my $$$ on any film she's in or produced.

April 22, 2011 at 8:08 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Cesar

Mclean: The only trash I see around here is your filthy burger wrapper and underware. Don't you EVER talk about Paris Hilton again.

April 22, 2011 at 8:08 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Jeff

Zepplin, the reportage from CNN, HLN, TMZ, etc. indicates the L.A. authorities set the bar a little higher for grand theft than other cities. You could Google it and see...but I don't understand why the judge came down so hard on LiLo. It's only a misdemeanor...120 days?

April 22, 2011 at 8:24 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Light Yagami

Steven Seagal was right. There are those who are above the law and Lindsay Lohan is one of them. $75,000 is nothing to people like her.

April 22, 2011 at 8:24 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Bruce

Can we stop pretending that Lindsey Lohan matters anymore?

April 22, 2011 at 8:25 pm | Report abuse |