Lindsay Lohan jailed for violating probation
April 22nd, 2011

Lindsay Lohan jailed for violating probation

[7:30 p.m. ET, 4:30 p.m. PT] Lindsay Lohan was ordered Friday to serve 120 days in jail for violating her probation by getting arrested on allegations of stealing a necklace from a store.

Lohan was immediately taken into custody.

Her lawyer immediately filed a notice of appeal, which allowed her to post bond since the case involves a misdemeanor violation.

The judge set her bond at $75,000, which she was expected to post Friday evening.

The same judge earlier reduced her felony theft charge to a misdemeanor.

[5:30 p.m. ET, 2:30 p.m. PT] The judge has ruled that the necklace theft case against Lindsay Lohan will go forward to trial, but with the felony charge reduced to a misdemeanor.

"I'm going to give her an opportunity," Judge Stephanie Sautner said.

FULL STORY
Post by:
Filed under: Crime • Lindsay Lohan
  1. Jinx

Hopefully that dumb
    tw#t actually serves her sentence!!!

April 22, 2011 at 8:45 pm | Report abuse |
  2. boomhower

pineapple in fart-pipe. Nuf said.

April 22, 2011 at 8:54 pm | Report abuse |
  3. heather

How is it that in the usa you can be jailed for being arrested while on probation when you have not been found and may not be guilty of anything? it makes them a target for corrupt law enforcers and opento victimization by others. while indulging some people's thirst for harm to come to persons they believe deserve it, it creates the enviroment for more crime which harms everyone

April 22, 2011 at 8:56 pm | Report abuse |
  4. chaz

this girl is self destructive and her lawyers, the judges and everyone else that ignores this and does not force her to accept reponsibility for her actions are aiding that destruction.

April 22, 2011 at 9:06 pm | Report abuse |
  5. jeniwren

just send all of the lohans to kanss where we can forget about them.... kansas or missouri either one

April 22, 2011 at 9:10 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Joey

@ Jeff (6:15):
    Your post moved me.
    Lohan's "trial" sheds a lot of light on the hardness of life in our country right now.
    Life is not fair. Lohan's privileges are only for the most fortunate.

April 22, 2011 at 9:17 pm | Report abuse |
  7. ole Lady

As for LL its just a matter of time. The saying goes "every dog has their day and her day is coming." I just hope she starts using that last brain cell she has left to realize how she has ruined her life. Then maybe she can have a better future.

April 22, 2011 at 9:18 pm | Report abuse |
  8. 1608

3 strikes u r out. Sory, out of jail my little lilo.

April 22, 2011 at 9:20 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Joey

@ ole Lady:
    Many performers cannot accept the truth that the have to sacrifice normalcy to be celebrities.
    The psychological adjustment required is misunderstood by most psychological professionals.
    Not understanding what their life has to be, and who they are, they escape to the point that they destroy themselves.

April 22, 2011 at 9:34 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Cesar

@Jinx: I heard you like long, fat, juicy hot dogs. That's what Joey told me.

April 22, 2011 at 9:38 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Jeff Frank - Ohio

I just don't know what I'm going to tell the kids. I know they're going to ask why she don't sit on Herbie anymore. $4 gas is here. Don't buy gas on Fridays, I didn't. Now their working on $5. I seen the whiners on Katie Curics' CBS news program, telling everyone about how they have to burn midgrade. Unbeknown to them the fat rich oil companies track their every financial "gas move", right at the pump. THE PRICE OF GAS HAS DOUBLED ALMOST TWO YEARS TO THE DATE!!! Like the first blogger said, PROSECUTE AND SENTENCE MISS LOHAN OR AQUIT AND FREE HER. JUST GET IT DONE, AND GET IT DONE NOW!!! 😉

April 22, 2011 at 10:14 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Joey

@ Cesar NOT:
    You lie.
    I never told you anything about my hot dogs.

April 22, 2011 at 10:17 pm | Report abuse |
  13. ole Lady

Wow Joey well said!!

April 22, 2011 at 10:47 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Jazzzzzzzz

ole lady you still there?

April 22, 2011 at 10:49 pm | Report abuse |
  15. ole Lady

I'm back Jazzzzzzzz. Just between blogs.

April 22, 2011 at 11:10 pm | Report abuse |