Yemen's president agrees to resign, official says
Yemen's President Ali Abdullah Saleh reportedly has agreed to a deal brokered by neighboring Persian Gulf nations.
April 23rd, 2011

Yemen's president agrees to resign, official says

Yemen's embattled President Ali Abdullah Saleh has accepted a deal brokered by neighboring Persian Gulf nations to step down, a senior Yemeni Foreign Ministry official said Saturday.

Both Saleh and the Yemeni opposition have agreed to the deal in principle. But Saleh has yet to sign the agreement, which mandates that he leave office within 30 days and provides complete immunity for him and those who served in his regime, said the official.

Post by:
Filed under: Middle East • World • Yemen
  1. 8andSkate

Insert obligatory Yemen Nomen joke here.

April 23, 2011 at 4:06 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Glenn

If the peoples of the Middle Easr would embrace the concept of human rights the murder and torture would cease. The terrist acts would end instead of being justified or tolerated by the religious.
    This is not the Middle East today and the consequences are of their own making. This includes the invasion of Iraq and Afganistan after 9/11.

April 23, 2011 at 4:34 pm | Report abuse |
  3. The Song Fits

What you wanna come back here for?
    Thought you're with your uptown friends
    Don't need none of your junkie business
    You gonna screw us up again

Get your blackjack off my table
    Get your coat out of my rack
    We don't need you 'round here, j/e/r/k-off
    Chuck, I want you off my back

'Cause we've almost made it
    We've almost made it
    We've almost made it to the top

So you go about your business
    You just leave us folks alone
    We don't need no two-bit junkie
    Screwin' up our happy home

'Cause we've almost made it
    We've almost made it
    We've almost made it to the top

Randy Newman – "Little Criminals"

April 23, 2011 at 5:22 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Jones

This corrupt US puppet president must face justice for all his crimes.

April 23, 2011 at 5:42 pm | Report abuse |
    • leeintulsa

I have no doubt there are skeletons in the closet. Look at the neighborhood.

This is a cultural change we are all lucky to be witnessing. Details, at this point, would only muck it up.

Many lifetimes never thought they'd see it.

April 23, 2011 at 6:18 pm | Report abuse |
    • RUFFNUTT

Thank you,Jones. That was well put and quite true indeed!!!

April 23, 2011 at 7:10 pm | Report abuse |
    • RUFFNUTT

fakenutt...lame...

April 24, 2011 at 9:33 am | Report abuse |
  5. Next Obama and Hillary?

You know SUDDENLY here comes the Blackwater trial > WHY NOW President Obomba and your wife Hillary?

Cause gas is $4.00 a gallon....... and liitle Pete has got no new shoes? IF Bush did this NOW... what would
    people say?

Really > the President of XE is the main event... WHY NOT HIM? I somehow remember N.P.R. commenting on the
    lack of transparency on the "Blackwater issue".... some noises about ending it. The list of crimes against women
    and children is too long to list here and no reason to make some bad feelings.

$4.00 a gallon is so cheap America is a rich country > WHY pretend that this is some big problem.

Too proud to take the bus? Nice people on the bus.

So noise makes us all a little deaf?

April 23, 2011 at 6:26 pm | Report abuse |
    • leeintulsa

It's an American 'standard of living' thing. And not all of us. But many love the job in the city and home in the country.

The commute that made suburbia famous during the great white exodus.

If you don't live in, say, merrimack, NH, and work in Boston, you wouldn't understand.

April 23, 2011 at 6:38 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Next Obama and Hillary?

Why not just tell American what they already know?

The rich are going to stay richer and get richer as they have the best lobbies, attorneys, and means of any time in history.

They will take advantage of any world situation so that the buses are cleaner and run on time for the rest of us.

Nice people on the bus actually.

April 23, 2011 at 6:36 pm | Report abuse |
    • leeintulsa

Oh, i love the bus. And people who won't do something without a ride, even though the bus goes there, are relentlessly mocked.

But some could afford a certain lifestyle in Economy A and not Economy B. Sucks to be them.

April 23, 2011 at 6:47 pm | Report abuse |
  7. RUFFNUTT

The sooner this creep Ali Abdullah Saleh goes,the better. On the other hand,we'd better not get our hopes up too high since the right-wing thugs in Washington are coniving to keep Yemen in their grips. They still hope to get the Yemenis to chant "Allah Akbar,but Capitalism Akbar-er" and eventually weaken their people' faith in Islam. These thugs in Washington know no shame!!!

April 23, 2011 at 7:08 pm | Report abuse |
  8. RuffNutt

Maybe I've been too harsh. So sorry, but the politicians in Washington are good people with America's interest as a priority. God bless them all.

April 23, 2011 at 7:23 pm | Report abuse |
    • RUFFNUTT

I wonder just how much did the right-wing thugs in Washington pay this creep to make a jerk out me. Of course I never posted the above as good people are virtually nonexistant in Washington,D.C. Or was that the Tea Partiers who did the paying?

April 23, 2011 at 7:48 pm | Report abuse |
    • Philip

Don't feel bad,RUFFNUTT. This jerk does the same thing to me,too. These Tea Partiers think of everything under the sun. Like you said above,the politicians in Washington are nothing but a bunch of self serving,self centered egomaniacs and don't let any right-wing nutjob tell you otherwise!!!

April 23, 2011 at 7:54 pm | Report abuse |
    • joe arapaho

Thank you,Philip. That was a very good post above. I totally agree with you about those politicians in Washington who think only of themselves and will do anything for the sake of political correctness. That's why this country's in such a mess!!!

April 23, 2011 at 8:23 pm | Report abuse |
    • Air Force Strong

Gee RuffNutt(of 7:23),you comment above was one of the hilarious here yet. "The policians in Washington are "good" people"??? LOL. You have to be kidding because nobody's that dumb!

April 23, 2011 at 8:44 pm | Report abuse |
    • Air Force Strong

Sorry about the missprint above,RuffNutt. I meant "politicians",not "policians". Do forgive me. By the way,if the politicians are as good as you claim they are,then why is this country in such bad shape and getting worse every year???

April 23, 2011 at 11:23 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Jazzzzzzzz

Poor Ruffnutt , got R...ped by a teapartyer

April 23, 2011 at 7:52 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Jazzzzzzzz

Opps , I meant to say LOL at the end

April 23, 2011 at 7:53 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Jazzzzzzzz

It seems to me that the Right wingers have gotten more extreme over the years.

April 23, 2011 at 7:59 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Jazzzzzzzz

Hello Phillip.

April 23, 2011 at 8:02 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Jazzzzzzzz

Let me explain my comment to Ruffnutt in case he takes it the wrong way. That is how I feel with the trolls on here. I'm still with ya Ruffnutt. 🙂

April 23, 2011 at 8:15 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Air Force Strong

I will credit the Washington politicians. They have expanded our influence abroad and fought evil. Case in point: Afghanistan, Iraq, and as McCain says, Libya as well. We are part of NATO and have an obligation to answer that call to glory. Go marines. Go air force; more drones needed ASAP.

April 24, 2011 at 12:04 am | Report abuse |
    • Gary Johndro

Hey Air Force Strong,I'm with you. YABBA-DABBA-DOO-DOO-DOO!!!!!! Those wonder politicians sure know their stuff! What in the world would we do without them????

April 24, 2011 at 3:12 pm | Report abuse |
    • Air Force Strong

Sorry folks,I never posted the above. Some clown just got around to usurping my name here. Just ignore that lame-brained statement!!!

April 24, 2011 at 3:33 pm | Report abuse |
  15. RuffNutt

Thank you,Air Force Strong @ 12:04, I agree. Great post.

April 24, 2011 at 12:06 am | Report abuse |
    • RUFFNUTT

Gee RuffNutt,you seem to have developped an obsession with political correctness. If you have to be "Politically Correct" could you at least do it under your own name instead of mine??? After all,I do like to speak for myself although none of my thoughts are "Politically Correct" and I have no use for the right-wing thugs in Washington!!!

April 24, 2011 at 4:00 pm | Report abuse |
    • RuffNutt

Sorry RUFFNUTT,it appears that I'm the one this clown is impersonating rather than you. Some people will do anything just to get a laugh out of life!!! But to call those worthless politicians in Washington "good" is quite ludicrous.

April 24, 2011 at 5:29 pm | Report abuse |