April 25th, 2011

Tornado approaching Arkansas town, weather service says

A confirmed tornado is approaching the town of Romance, Arkansas, the National Weather Service said.

The weather service urged residents of Romance to take cover immediately.

Post by:
Filed under: Arkansas • Tornadoes • Weather
  1. Eli

what is wrong with some of you. iv set here all night praying for my family. praying my brother wasnt hurt, he owns a business downtown vilonia. he couldnt even get in to his store , or even supply chainsaws as the emergency responders needed , due to the damage . and some of you are taking everything out of context. and yes one person has died . so keep up the funny....the whole point of alerts are to save your life . if you dont have alerts more could be killed by storms.

April 25, 2011 at 11:21 pm | Report abuse |
    • Susan

How can we help can we send things please let us know we at the church can do care packages

April 26, 2011 at 12:01 am | Report abuse |
  2. Becci

The tornado that went through did cause Vilonia, AR to be shut down to the public and rescue crews are still working to ensure everyone is safe. Their has been a confirmed report of a fatality in the Vilonia area, but so far none in the Romance/Floyd area. Romance/Floyd volunteer FD is out working Hwy 5 and between Floyd and Center Hill, but noone will really know how much damage was really done until tomorrow.

Please do not joke about this as their are still so many ppl with out power or homeless and we still have several days of this to come. We should all be keeping one another in our prayers and hoping for the best.

April 25, 2011 at 11:33 pm | Report abuse |
    • leeintulsa

7 so far... And counting.. Floods south of tulsa have schools closed and neighborhoods cut off.. A few dead there i think

April 26, 2011 at 9:52 am | Report abuse |
  3. On Topic: Arizona lessons

Arizona: its been smeared and feathered: Yet another comedy of FAKE intellect"

What IF Kentucky or Kansas were on the SAME BORDER?

SEE the demographics: see the GUN NUTS....... see the "minorities" lining up with the GUN NUTS as fear
    is the real engine of selling more fear.... everyone loves local police GUN NUTS.

Take a close look and SEE... Kentucky and Kansas would be at war this very moment.

Virginia? how far away are THEY?

Comedy like this could never be invented nor can such people teach any democracy.

April 25, 2011 at 11:56 pm | Report abuse |
  4. On Topic: Arizona lessons

Try this: take a walk through the country side of Kansas: say near Lansing Kansas > be brown: wear a black jacket in daylight: just a black jacket.

Walk ten miles: see how far you get and the question the local authorities ask you-
    Something like this- Ms. so and so was concerned as were we because we could not
    see your face clearly_ no..no crimes committed – just could not SEE your face clearly.

Its a new law around here that is truly insightful _ IF YOU WALK: we must SEE your face.

But if you are driving a stolen white VAN... or any other 'work" vehicle that is part of some larger crime
    spree we know it is just our own brother or sister trying to avoid the boss.

NEW LAWS are made everyday in America: just ask.

:)))

April 26, 2011 at 12:06 am | Report abuse |
  5. People are idiots!!!

Everyone making jokes about the tragedies in Arkansas are idiots. May God be with you all....God Bless

April 26, 2011 at 12:28 am | Report abuse |
    • Mmmmmm

You're right, this is God's working. He's working on cleaning up Arkansa by wiping them inbred, moonshining hillbillies from the planet. One at a time. hahahahahaha

April 26, 2011 at 1:18 am | Report abuse |
  6. Joey

I grew up in an area of the South that had frequent tornadoes.
    Many houses then had separate storm cellars; my grandparents' farm had one. (I was never allowed to enter it.)
    I wonder why there are so few now.
    Long after I had left my hometown, a major tornado killed many people there.
    I was frequently in Clinton, Mississippi (for social attractions), which recently experienced a terrible tornado.
    If I moved back to that state, I would build a storm cellar.
    It's awful to lose your house, but your life is more valuable.

April 26, 2011 at 2:58 am | Report abuse |
  7. Andreas Moser

Let's hope the people in Romance, Arkansas read this warning.
    Maybe it would have been better to call them?

April 26, 2011 at 4:05 am | Report abuse |
  8. Joey

In about a year, I am planning to move to Italy to semi-retirement near Rome.
    My business partner and I will take our families there and continue some of our corporation's work.
    If I were going to retire in the house an hour north of the city, I would build a fallout shelter there.
    NYC has become too unpleasant for me to spend the rest of my life here.

April 26, 2011 at 6:36 am | Report abuse |
  9. Riff*Raff

@Joey-Europe is appealing to me more & more. Ive never been,and not sure I could afford it, but it's a dream of mine. Maybe one day....

April 26, 2011 at 7:58 am | Report abuse |
    • leeintulsa

When i was a senior in hs, my fam went to London. Too cool, just too cool.

April 26, 2011 at 9:47 am | Report abuse |
  10. Joey

@ Riff-Raff:
    Just do it!
    When I was young we used to find SOME way to get there and stay most of the summer. There were books on cheap ways to sleep and eat.
    Now that I'm not so young, I wouldn't want to bum around that way. I went there a lot of times to work.

April 26, 2011 at 10:42 am | Report abuse |
  11. Joey

@ leeintulsa:
    I worked in London for months a few times and wanted to live there.
    It has changed.
    I've always had wonderful times in Rome.

April 26, 2011 at 10:48 am | Report abuse |
  12. Outsider (Jorma)

Europe is Wonderful!

Due to my heritage, my pick is Suomi (Finland)! 😉 Sure, it gets pretty darn cold. But you've got the beautiful northern lights and those fantastic saunas. Excellent beer (Lapin Kulta), tasty vodka – Koskenkorva Viina (the Finns refer to it as "Finnish White Wine" LOL), and reindeer that simply melts in your mouth. And the country is remote, with beautiful forests and lakes. No congested junk. Summer months are superb. It's always light (just a little dusk), everyone is off work and the festivals are fantastic.

I love the isolated, away from the noise of the world feeling there. Some interpret the Finns as being unfriendly but that is far from the case. If you take the time, they are wonderful people. Especially, if you spend a few hours in the pub with them! Plus, they get that interpretation because they aren't nosy and don't try to mess into your private affairs. Which is fine with me. I like it that way.

It really is a great country. I love it when those beautiful Finnish ladies speak to me in English with that gorgeous accent, makes me believe there really is a God! 😉

If I can beat my health problems and live long enough, that's where I'm going. It's too crazy around here. I need to eventually get some peace and serenity. Even my parents regret moving here but they have roots here now. Me, not so much. So Finlandia, if I can do it I will be there!

Oh yeah, BTW – I think is was 2008 or 2009, not sure? But Time Magazine rated Finland as the #1 country, to live, in the world. Beautiful country!

April 26, 2011 at 1:07 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Derek

The lord doesn't like rednecks and the south. Retribution for their hatred and general ignorance.

April 26, 2011 at 5:46 pm | Report abuse |
  14. tornady man

Take all of the trailers out through this impoverished area–mo govment money-WOOORRDDD!!!!

April 26, 2011 at 6:00 pm | Report abuse |
  15. tornady man

I needs my emergncy reliefs–how do dat wrk–do's i needs to stands ins a lines oh sumpin??

April 26, 2011 at 6:05 pm | Report abuse |