Gotta Watch: The big day!
April 29th, 2011

Gotta Watch: The big day!

Months of planning, media hype and plenty of speculation about the dress are over. Prince William and Catherine Middleton tied the knot at a beautiful ceremony in Westminster Abbey. If you didn't get a chance to watch the wedding, here's your front row seat to some of our favorite moments.

William's first glimpse of Kate - It's arguably the most exciting part of the wedding, where the groom sees his bride for the first time on their big day.  Just take a look at Prince William's face when Catherine approaches. He looks so in love.

A royal 'I will' - It's the moment we'd all been waiting for.  Prince William looks longingly into Catherine Middleton's eyes, holds her hand delicately and places a gold ring on her finger.  The two exchange vows to love, comfort, honor and keep each other as long as they live.  The royal couple is officially married.

The first - and second - kiss - Having a royal wedding is hard enough, but the biggest pressure for the royal couple ... the kiss on the balcony. In this case, it's more like kisses on the balcony.  You see the crowd wasn't too pleased with the first kiss that they started shouting "Kiss again!" .... so they did.

Goodbye Buckingham Palace - Who needs a carriage if you can ride off into royal bliss in an Aston Martin Volante DB6 MKII? This isn't just any regular Aston. It actually runs on a bioethanol fuel made from English wine wastage.  What's so great about this video is that Prince William is the driver and, if you didn't know any better, they look just like any typical newlyweds.  Congratulations on the marriage!

1. bobcat2u

Congratulations to both of you. Wishing you a long and happy life together.

April 29, 2011 at 12:46 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Jim Sibley

Defintely a big day. Almost 300 people were killed in Alabama. Do you mind if we turn our attention to more important things than the doings of an archaic instution?

April 29, 2011 at 12:54 pm | Report abuse |
    • bobcat2u

Jim Jim Jim You really need to get treated for that tunnel vision.. Try a 360 degree approach to life.

April 29, 2011 at 12:59 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Cesar

I don't like weddings. They are boring. Now as for the wedding night, that's a different story. No invites there.

April 29, 2011 at 1:05 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Cesar

@Jim: Sorry for the loss of life. Tornado death must be horrific. However, Jim, that has been addressed in a different thread. I think that's why there are different threads. Listen to Bobcat, son.

April 29, 2011 at 1:09 pm | Report abuse |
    • bobcat2u

Cesar, I want to thank you for the back up prior to me getting attacked. lol I too am very sad about the storm deaths. I live in alabama, so I am very much aware of the storms.

April 29, 2011 at 1:15 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Cesar

It makes me wish that I were the British Prime Minister. If I were,the very first thing I would do is to rightly and wisely pull Great Britain out of NATO and fight for world peace and oppose the iniquitous U.S. policies with the help of the Royal Family. The world today is soarly in need of justice and far less bullying!!!

April 29, 2011 at 1:15 pm | Report abuse |
    • George Patton

Thank you,Cesar. I feel exactly the same way you do. It's too bad that others don't!

April 29, 2011 at 2:23 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Cesar

@bobcat: Hi, I'm the 1:09 true Cesar. I've never seen a tornado, and I am scared of those scary things. @Fake Cesar of 1:15, why don't you get your masters degree in gov't, and then you can preach, PUNK!

April 29, 2011 at 1:26 pm | Report abuse |
    • bobcat2u

@ 1:09 true ceaser. I'm starting to see the pattern of your posts and that of faux cesar. Now I know who venomous responder is under cesar and will comment accordingly. And tornados are scary. Just like earthquakes. Never know when or where.

April 29, 2011 at 2:40 pm | Report abuse |
  7. I know I'm being snarky

Catherine was a beautiful bride, but Pippa was Stunnnnnnnnnnning ! What happened to "Never upstage the bride?'
    A definite "Less is more" situation. And, speaking of more, I loved Kate's gown, but it would have been even better with a longer train, particularly given the wedding venue.

April 29, 2011 at 1:32 pm | Report abuse |
  8. IKHAN

Irony is that not a day goes by that we demean the President of the United States but salivate over British royalty & cannot wait to kneel down before their queen, prince & princesses.
    This nation of our seems to have a deep seated inferiority complex over not having a King or Queen of our own.

April 29, 2011 at 1:56 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Big Mouth

That wedding was much to do about nothing. So they are married, big deal. It certainly wasn't common sense to spend a vulgor amount on the event just because it was a so called Royal wedding. Royality is nothing but a burden on society.
    Apparently the ones who are down talking the distruction of many states, especially Alabama and poopooing the lost lives need to have a little challenge of their own. Then maybe they will understand the meaning of compassion. It is called empathy for your fellow man.

April 29, 2011 at 2:12 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Hippie

@CNN... moderate my dik

April 29, 2011 at 2:27 pm | Report abuse |
    • Cesar

Another dirty-minded,ignorant Tea Partier having to get his two cents in. These people never bother to hide their thoughts anymore.

April 29, 2011 at 7:29 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Chopper

I'm with Jim on this. What he's saying is exactly what I feel this should not have been the top story in America. We have more serious issues here to deal with. I couldn't find any coverage on what was going on in Alabama are any other southern states. It was shameful that this was the top story this morning. They reported that over 2 billion people watched the wedding, well they didn't give people any other option besides turning the tv off. CNN,MSNBC and Fox shame on you.

April 29, 2011 at 2:47 pm | Report abuse |
  12. IKHAN

Nine American soldiers killed just yesterday in the senseless war we are prosecuting in Afghanistan. It goes unnoticed.
    The tornado devastation takes a back seat. Myriad other issues afflicting this country are overshadowed by a wedding in another country or the 'Birther' craziness.

No wonder we as a nation are losing it. Its ridicule, disdain or simple hostility that we now garner around the world.

April 29, 2011 at 3:12 pm | Report abuse |
  13. SK activist

She nice. She tall and have round eyes and nice boobies. She give Prince numba one happy time for sure.

April 29, 2011 at 3:21 pm | Report abuse |
  14. raven

Piers Morgan was so excited I thought maybe we should congratulate HIM. Happy Thoughts to the newlyweds!!

April 29, 2011 at 3:48 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Cesar

@Cesar: Because that would require actually attending class and learning. 😮

April 29, 2011 at 4:11 pm | Report abuse |