April 29th, 2011

U.N. to feed North Koreans after tough winter

The United Nations World Food Program and UNICEF announced Friday plans to launch emergency operations in North Korea to feed an estimated 3.5 million people in desperate need after crop losses and a harsh winter.

Women and children will be the focus of the one-year WFP operation, which is expected to cost just over $200 million, the WFP said.

Post by:
Filed under: North Korea • World
  1. die

Sick o fakey

April 30, 2011 at 4:29 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Cesar

************YAWN************ Trolls make me sleepy.

April 30, 2011 at 5:37 pm | Report abuse |
  3. popeye

If anyone wants to they can join me and Cesar tonight. We're going to troll the gay bars for black wieners. Don't worry about bringing butt lube(I have a case). Tonight I'm gonna try to ram 3 jigg-a-boo dix in my butt. Wish me luck! See ya there boys!
    I'm popeye and I am a gay, illiterate, re-tarded loser.

April 30, 2011 at 7:14 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Cesar

************YAWN************ Thank you troll. I had trouble sleeping until now. Good night baby.

April 30, 2011 at 8:51 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Lucy

@2009: Is anyone supposed to undertand your space oddity besides yourself? Just blow up HAL, and be done with it!

May 1, 2011 at 12:49 am | Report abuse |
  6. Cesar

@7:14 PM troll: You are a POS. Your mother is a POS. FK off.

May 1, 2011 at 1:24 am | Report abuse |
  7. Cesar

Hey Lucy, you make good money. Buy me a beer at the Olive Garden. I'll spring a buck for the tip. Interested?

May 1, 2011 at 1:26 am | Report abuse |
  8. Andreas Moser

Tough moral question.

May 1, 2011 at 4:58 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Chelle J

I finished reading "Nothing to Envy" by Barbara Demick today. She chronicled the lives of 6 N. Korean defects. It is horrifying what is going on there. I cannot imagine the day to day life of a N. Korean. I believe food should be sent and pray it makes to the people, who so desparately need it. Unfortunately, chances are, it will be given to those who are within Kim Jong Il immediate circle and the military.

May 1, 2011 at 8:25 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Wet

Unicef should not intefere. There is no greater incentive for change than a bunch of hungry people. Not saying the change will be for good, but can it really get worse at this point?

May 20, 2011 at 4:03 pm | Report abuse |