April 29th, 2011

U.N. to feed North Koreans after tough winter

The United Nations World Food Program and UNICEF announced Friday plans to launch emergency operations in North Korea to feed an estimated 3.5 million people in desperate need after crop losses and a harsh winter.

Women and children will be the focus of the one-year WFP operation, which is expected to cost just over $200 million, the WFP said.

Post by:
Filed under: North Korea • World
  1. Joey

"There's a difference between the people and their government?"
    The North Korean people fought very intensely to have that kind of government.
    "Be careful what you fight for: you might get it."
    In any case, because it's a Communist government, there will be plenty of food, because they citizens will all share equally.
    "Absence of capitalist oppressors make food go round."

April 29, 2011 at 6:04 pm | Report abuse |
  2. 1608

Cesar some ppl who let the trolls get to them at some time acts like them.

We don't want that, so let little pizza pizza have his/her way.

BTW what's wrong with feeding the children? Not at Cesar.

April 29, 2011 at 6:31 pm | Report abuse |
  3. popeye

Hmmm

April 29, 2011 at 6:33 pm | Report abuse |
  4. popeye

@1608 what's wrong is we have kids going hungry in this country every day and they should come first but we just turn a blind eye to it . Does not make sense to me what about you?

April 29, 2011 at 6:55 pm | Report abuse |
  5. popeye

Well

April 29, 2011 at 7:06 pm | Report abuse |
  6. What?

@1608,

"Cesar some ppl who let the trolls get to them at some time acts like them."

Well, the only part right about that sentence is Cesar is the troll. He's on this thread and every thread with vile language and insulting people. So, people try a straight forward approach to get him to quit. And that doesn't work. So people have to resort to playing his sick mind games to get him to just go away. And that doesn't work either.

Is there even a real Cesar? Or is it one or many people using the name Cesar to disrupt and destroy these forums?

One thing is sure, Cesar and his cohorts need to go find another place to cause havoc, hurl vile language at people and disrupt conversations. There are some truly sick, demented people in this world and the Cesar(s) are it.

April 29, 2011 at 7:07 pm | Report abuse |
    • popeye

Quite right,What? The people you're talking about are the Tea Partiers,including the one who keeps on posting his profanity under Cesar's name. Yes,there is a true Cesar here and he's not one of them as he keeps trying to say.

April 29, 2011 at 7:15 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Joseph McCarthy

I've been reading these posts here and after seeing all this Tea Party lingo plastered on this web page,I feel like vomiting. Have the right-wing,ignorant,foul speaking,anti-intellectual Tea Partiers gain that much influence already? I suppose so,sadly enough.

April 29, 2011 at 7:09 pm | Report abuse |
  8. 1608

@ popeye: I agree with, but this is the u.n. not just the U.S.

With our 2 party system of rich, thing will not change until we get new blood down to earth blood.

St. and fed..

Have a good weekend ppl family calls.

April 29, 2011 at 7:10 pm | Report abuse |
  9. popeye

Come on would we get any help from a country like north Korea I don't think so.

April 29, 2011 at 7:12 pm | Report abuse |
  10. popeye

You should know the un realy means us in most cases.

April 29, 2011 at 7:22 pm | Report abuse |
  11. popeye

Cesar and I like going camping Brokeback Mountain style. We both wear our drag queen gear and drill each other in the pooper while watching our queen Sarah Palin. If anyone wants to go camping with Cesar or myself feel free to call us at 555-HO-MO.
    It's so awesome being a gay tea party supporter.

April 29, 2011 at 7:30 pm | Report abuse |
  12. popeye

I like getting it on with boys Michael Jackson style (if you know what I mean). I like a big black wiener in my mouth whenever I can get it. If I can't get a darkie, I just settle for my gay butt buddies, Jazzzzzzz and Cesar(they know how I like it).

April 29, 2011 at 7:38 pm | Report abuse |
  13. popeye

Starve em here feed em there

April 29, 2011 at 7:42 pm | Report abuse |
  14. popeye

Glad you like posting your fantasy filled mouth under my name itch

April 29, 2011 at 7:53 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Jesus

Money for Nuclear, but, not for His peaplo food.......?
    This is one of the reason the World never be good.

April 29, 2011 at 8:00 pm | Report abuse |
    • popeye

Would you kindly post under a different name,please. The one you're using now is rather sacrilegeous and disrespectful,I don't mean the name of Jesus itself,of course, but the use of it is.

April 29, 2011 at 11:19 pm | Report abuse |