May 3rd, 2011

Five arrested near U.K. nuclear plant on suspicion of terrorism

Five men were arrested Monday on suspicion of terrorism after a vehicle was stopped close to the Sellafield nuclear facility in West Cumbria, the Cumbria Constabulary said Tuesday.

The men, all in their 20s and from London, were arrested after police officers from the Civil Nuclear Constabulary conducted a "stop check" on the vehicle, the constabulary said. Cumbria Constabulary officers arrested the men.

The suspects were taken to police custody in Carlisle overnight and were to be transported to Manchester Tuesday morning, police said.

Roads were closed in the area briefly at the time of the arrests, Monday afternoon, authorities said. No further information was released.

Post by:
Filed under: Terrorism • United Kingdom
  1. Mat

It's people like AL ISLAM who actually make me WANT to go to with Islam. Hell, bring your 3rd generation AK's and pistols and the USA will fight you with one man from a B-1 Stealth Bomber. In the end, Have fun in hell and there will be virgins oh yes. Virgins to bend you over and pork your little brown @ss. No problem will any religion, just the morons within the religion.

May 3, 2011 at 11:30 am | Report abuse |
  2. Mat

To war with islam*.....Damn, no edit option. I r dumb amerikan who cant tipe.....

May 3, 2011 at 11:31 am | Report abuse |
  3. AL ISLAM

You fukkin americans are all going to die, your time is over, we have to erase filthy gays from earth, no more gay soldiers

May 3, 2011 at 12:06 pm | Report abuse |
    • KSUpolysci

...you're an idiot. i love how the middle east is in shambles and you're worried about killing americans... sad. sad sad sad sad sad. maybe focus all that energy on rebuilding your nation? I mean, if not, that's cool. it's your choice. wait... do you know about the freedom of choice? it's this new cool thing the majority of countries that are "making it" in the world are doing.

May 3, 2011 at 3:53 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Jazzzzzzzzzz

May 3, 2011 at 12:53 pm | Report abuse |
    • RUFFNUTT

At least you and I agree on one thing Jazzzzzzzzzz,that is,that AL ISLAM above is quite right.

May 3, 2011 at 7:57 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Jazzzzzzzzzz

Im getting irratated with you RUFFNUTT , why dont you agknowledge my presence? I say hello to you often and you dont seem to want to be my FRIEND. I guess i'm just gonna have to start STALKING you. LOL but serously would it be that hard for you to say hello to me every once an awhile? 🙁 🙂

May 3, 2011 at 12:53 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Jazzzzzzzzzz

@ RUFFNUTT see me at 12:53 for message to YOU.

May 3, 2011 at 12:54 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Jazzzzzzzzzz

ok, RUFFNUTT , You leave me no choice... I will track you down like the dog you are for ignoring me.
    (Alex from fatal attraction) "Ruffie , you cant just ignor me" (HEAVY BREATHING) is heard from alex as she makes her way towrds RUFFNUTT.... he retreats.
    Now Ruffie come here like a good little boy and I won't hurt you. RUFFNUTT retreats again.
    Ruffie I've told you for the last time "COME HERE".
    (RUFFNUTT) "No you physco B#($($TCH. "
    Alex: ok Ruffie ,you give me no choice, I'm gonna douse your favorite car with one of ELPHANTBALLS special (HOSE DOWNS).
    RUFFNUTT: Nooooooooooooooooo

To be continued .......

May 3, 2011 at 1:52 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Manson

We shouldn't celebrated the death of Hitler either. Right? No? Screwit you people just can't appeased.

May 3, 2011 at 3:40 pm | Report abuse |
  9. john uk

Wow lot of very angry people on this list. I am trying compassion and wisdom from now on

May 3, 2011 at 4:46 pm | Report abuse |
  10. charlie crack

Kill them too! Phuckn commies!

May 3, 2011 at 5:19 pm | Report abuse |
  11. charlie crack

Compassion/wisdom is great. But, not when talking national security.

May 3, 2011 at 5:21 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Andreas Moser

I bet you that – like in most other cases like these – nothing will come out of this and the guys will be quietly released within a few days. What a hype. The best thing about Britain is how calm it remained overall after the terror attacks: http://andreasmoser.wordpress.com/2010/07/07/5-years-after-7-7-in-london/

May 3, 2011 at 5:32 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Joey

I did not post the objectionable comments above.
    REAL JOEY

May 3, 2011 at 6:04 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Joey

How many of us noticed that both the TROLL and AL ISLAM rejoice in overstatement?
    They are similarly inclined to unregulated foolishness.
    Sort of...Marx Brothers...yes!
    SLAPSTICK.

May 3, 2011 at 9:23 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Common Sense

Of course this is'nt the end. When you cut off one head another will take it's place. Osama was just the beginning. All thanks to your beloved Bush Sr.@Jr. Life before the Bushs' was good while it lated. Back then gas was about 1.00 a gallon. Look at us now.

May 4, 2011 at 1:06 am | Report abuse |