Spokesman: Bin Laden's wife said she didn't leave compound for five years
Pakistani policemen guard the compound in Abbottabad where al-Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden was killed.
May 5th, 2011

Spokesman: Bin Laden's wife said she didn't leave compound for five years

[Updated at 1:07 p.m.] For years there has been speculation about the health of Osama bin Laden. A US official says at this point there is no information to suggest there was medical equipment, such as a dialysis machine, at the compound.

The official says no autopsy was done on bin Laden.

[Updated at 12:38 p.m.] Osama bin Laden's wife has told interrogators she didn't venture outside the walled compound where the al Qaeda leader was killed for five years, a Pakistani military spokesman said Thursday.

The wife, who was wounded in the raid, said she lived in the compound in Abbottabad with eight of bin Laden's children and five others from another family, Maj. Gen. Athar Abbas told CNN. All of them have been in Pakistani custody since the pre-dawn U.S. commando raid that killed bin Laden and will be returned to their country of origin, Abbas said.

Abbas said he wasn't sure from her questioning how long bin Laden had lived there himself or whether he had ventured outside.

[Updated at 10:54 a.m.] Pakistan has ordered U.S. military personnel on its territory drawn down to the "minimum essential" level in the wake of the assault that killed bin Laden deep within Pakistan early Monday, a military statement announced.

While commanders defended the powerful Inter-Services Intelligence agency's efforts in attacking al Qaeda leaders, a military statement said there had been "shortcomings in developing intelligence on the presence of Osama bin Laden in Pakistan." The statement said an investigation will be launched "into the circumstances that led to this situation."

But the army chief of staff, Gen. Ashfaq Parvez Kayani, "made it very clear that any similar action, violating the sovereignty of Pakistan, will warrant a review on the level of military/intelligence cooperation with the United States," the statement said.

Post by:
Filed under: National security • Osama bin Laden • Pakistan • Terrorism • U.S.
  1. Outsider

@ The Master TROLL,

The gay stuff is sickening but yesterday you really crossed the line posing as a Muslim terrorist, making death threats.

Don't be surprised, one day soon, that you are greeted at your front by two big stocky guys. They will probably be just dressed in normal plain clothing. You will know who they are though, after they hold up a badge with the letters FBI written on it.

Good luck pal, you are going to need it.....

May 5, 2011 at 1:26 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Manson

Just think if Pakistan said they approved of the op. Civil war, that's what. Don't worry kids, our military knows what to do.

May 5, 2011 at 1:27 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Pishoo

1.They've released the pics of the other dead men.. Which look staged/photoshopped.. Why not bin laden? Its 2011 .. "Gruesome" stfu.. 2.They take him to Afghanistan to be "buried" tell me what sea is near Afghanistan? 3. All your hearing is excuse after excuse when something is questioned, stories change by the minute etc. 3.I just saw a REAL UFO outside... was awesome. I got it all in video. Unfortunately... in the interest of national security... I can't show anyone the video... you'll just have to trust me. 🙂

May 5, 2011 at 1:29 pm | Report abuse |

May 5, 2011 at 2:01 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Frank

People of the United States and President Obama Part II,
    PS,Pakistans NUCLEAR WEAPONS are a major reason to take them out because I have no doubt that one or more Terrorist Groups have received a Nuclear Weapon through Pakistan or North Korea and it is just a matter of time when it will be smuggled into the U.S.A. and set off.If one does,Pakistan and North Korea need to be Vaporized.

May 5, 2011 at 1:32 pm | Report abuse |
    • Frank

Hey you,would you mind posting your right-wing bla-bla-bla under your own name instead of mine? It makes me look like some kind of a right-wing freak and that makes me mad!!!

May 5, 2011 at 1:51 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Manson

Pishoo, check your map. Russia invaded Afghanistan for a warm water port. Guess where? UFO, huh? Lol!

May 5, 2011 at 1:34 pm | Report abuse |
  6. banasy

@Manson:

I'm with you! *Cracking a brew with ya!*

May 5, 2011 at 1:47 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Pishoo

Hmm there are seas NEAR Afghanistan not in Afghanistan .. My other half is Afghan.. Last time we checked there is no sea.. Daywana Yes! A UFO! But within the next 24hrs I'm going to go sink the evidence in the ocean.. So please just trust me that it happened! I don't want the aliens to know I got footage in case my filming tactics cause an invasion!

May 5, 2011 at 1:47 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Pishoo

Why did they have to bring him all the way back to Afghanistan? He's not even Afghan he's Saudi and he was killed in "Pakistan" so why not just dump him right then and there?

May 5, 2011 at 1:49 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Pishoo

Anyhow what I'm getting at is why was he brought back to Afghanistan to be "buried" ? I'm sure there was muslims somewhere in Pakistan that would do the "cleanse" Nothing makes sense.. ? And whoever the troll is that is pretending to be a muslim. I am a muslim and um.. Last time I checked we do not condone terrorists nor death etc.. Daywana.

May 5, 2011 at 1:56 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Frank

I'm in love with Osamas prik, I saw it once, I told the Seals to cut it off for me, now I can suck it all day long mmmmmmmMmmmmm

May 5, 2011 at 1:56 pm | Report abuse |
    • Frank

I see that another Tea Partier just usurped my name as seen above. These people seem to come out of the woodwork!!!

May 5, 2011 at 2:16 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Pishoo

"Frank" who are you blabbing too?

May 5, 2011 at 1:58 pm | Report abuse |
  12. OSAMA BIN LADEN was not killed acording to the Fbi.gov website. USAMA Bin Laden was. Why is his name being misspelled?

OSAMA BIN LADEN was not killed according to the FBI.gov website. USAMA Bin Laden was. Why is his name being misspelled? Can someone confirm we have the right guy...

May 5, 2011 at 1:58 pm | Report abuse |
    • OSAMA BIN LADEN was not killed acording to the Fbi.gov website. USAMA Bin Laden was. Why is his name being misspelled?

May 5, 2011 at 2:02 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Frank

/ / Please cut his balls to...... ; put them on a jar !!.- wow, they are huge, just the way I like them.

May 5, 2011 at 2:01 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Frank

I'm changing my last name to Bin Laden when I get his balls.......I'm gonna sleep with them every night. --

May 5, 2011 at 2:04 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Pishoo

Who the hell are you talking too daywana?

May 5, 2011 at 2:07 pm | Report abuse |