Al Qaeda confirms bin Laden's death, group says
May 6th, 2011

Al Qaeda confirms bin Laden's death, group says

[Updated at 10:02 a.m. ET] Read the full statement.

[Updated at 8:51 a.m. ET ] The statement, translated by SITE, lauded the late militant, threatened to take action against the United States, and urged Pakistanis to "rise up and revolt."

Bin Laden's death will serve as a "curse that chases the Americans and their agents, and goes after them inside and outside their countries," the message said.

"Soon - with help from Allah - their happiness will turn into sorrow, and their blood will be mixed with their tears," it said.

The statement said al Qaeda will "continue on the path of jihad, the path walked upon by our leaders, and on top of them" bin Laden "without hesitation or reluctance.

Bin Laden and other militants used the internet to post messages to their followers before and after al Qaeda's September, 11, 2001 attack on the United States.

[Updated at 8:40 a.m. ET] CNN has seen the statement posted on the jihadist forum regarding Osama bin Laden's death and is working to translate it. We'll bring you any information from it as soon as we get it.

[Posted at 8:28 a.m. ET] Al Qaeda released a statement on jihadist forums confirming the death of its leader, Osama bin Laden, according to SITE Intelligence Group, which monitors militant messages.

CNN could not immediately confirm the statement.

Bin Laden was killed early Monday in a raid conducted by the U.S. at a compound in Abbottabad, Pakistan.

FULL STORY
Post by:
Filed under: Al Qaeda • Osama bin Laden • Terrorism
  1. Bode

@nowwatchthisdrive what do u mean by that

May 6, 2011 at 9:39 am | Report abuse |
  2. Really?

U people are all abunch of rubes!I'm telling u, OBL never existed.My psychic abilities from my previous life has shown me that its all fake,concocted by the terrorist that are actually under U.S. and Mexican control. Wake up people!

May 6, 2011 at 9:39 am | Report abuse |
    • issues.cc

PLEASE check into a mental health hospital and take your meds!

May 6, 2011 at 10:25 am | Report abuse |
    • lesleigh

you are not a physcic , you are a physco .

May 6, 2011 at 10:32 am | Report abuse |
    • Obama bin Bush

@lesleigh:

Adn you aer not a gud spelerr

May 6, 2011 at 10:59 am | Report abuse |
  3. Really?

Heeeelllooooo? Im trying to enlighten you people! U r falling for this performance. OBL is a fictional character used by the superpowers to usher in chaos only to make us feel as though we need protection.Then BANGO!!! Mind control! Dont fall for it! We all need to build a ship and escape while we have the chance.

May 6, 2011 at 9:48 am | Report abuse |
    • chichi

Psychic abilities??? You are the insane one & you are SICK.

May 6, 2011 at 10:07 am | Report abuse |
    • Clear Thinker

Yeah, a secret conspiracy that only YOU and a few other in-the know lunatics, with your highly specialized information, drawn from your own "top-secret" special operatives and professional communications network, know.

May 6, 2011 at 10:57 am | Report abuse |
    • Spaceman Spiff

I am glad to see Really? that you understand the situation – I too am aware of the conspiracy, and am taking steps to escape right now. My ship is almost complete, but I need you to seend me all your belongings so I can finish, then we can escape to Jupiter spend the rest of our days drinking martian Ale and enjoying the view of the solar system's biggest volcano.

So quick, you and anybody else you know who thinks like you do send me all your worldly goods – you won't need them on Jupiter – everything is free once you get there!

May 6, 2011 at 11:16 am | Report abuse |
  4. tiffany

What a shame!! You don't believe your own President so you rather Believe al queda that bin laden is dead. Why don't u move to the middle east

May 6, 2011 at 10:06 am | Report abuse |
  5. sgt13Echo

Why does Al Qaeda always have to mention blood. Haven't they realizes it's getting them no where? Tunisa, Lybia, Egypt, Yemen, Syria, and Dubai are nor protesting for a Islamic State and or Revolution, they want FREEDOM and DEMOCRACY!!!!

I HOPE!!!!!

May 6, 2011 at 10:12 am | Report abuse |
  6. Really?

Chichi,I knew you were going to say that. Oh by the way,when a guy asks you for directions today,ask his mane.He has really good news for you. FYI..

May 6, 2011 at 10:15 am | Report abuse |
  7. Really?

Chichi,I knew you were going to say that. Oh by the way,when a guy asks you for directions today,ask his name.He has really good news for you. FYI..

May 6, 2011 at 10:16 am | Report abuse |
  8. Mary

May 6, 2011 at 10:25 am | Report abuse |
  9. Mary

Hey Osama! Osama! Hey Osama are you there? Oh, wait a minute your DEAD!! Really,Really DEAD!! People just accept it!! MARY~

May 6, 2011 at 10:30 am | Report abuse |
  10. Really?

I am not sick! Joseph Smith once told me before he told me how god was from Kolob that I had the most impressive abilities he had ever seen. So there! Oh yeah. there is a meteor shower coming and it is actually a being used by the mother ship which is here to take us away to our mother world.PREPARE NOW before its too late! The world powers are just about to over take us. Im ready! Are you?

May 6, 2011 at 10:34 am | Report abuse |
  11. Mary

I have a question, will the Navy Seals who participated in the raid be able to Write a book about the operation? Will the Solider who actually shot Osama be able to reveal who he is, or write a book or does it have to be kept secret because it was a military operation? MARY~

May 6, 2011 at 10:37 am | Report abuse |
  12. Mary

That post about Joseph Smith and Meteor shower did NOT come from Me! MARY~

May 6, 2011 at 10:39 am | Report abuse |
  13. Frank

Good morning People of the United States of America and President Obama,
    I do not know about you,but I have become really really tired of all Al Qaeda's rehtoic.I know what I am about to say sounds like but now that OBL is dead,we need to lay down the law to the Arab/Muslim world,We need to tell Saudi Arabia,Iran,Syria,Egypt,Lebanon,Libya,Yemen.Pakistan that if the United States is attacked again on a scale of 911 that we will hold them responsible due to their lack of commitment in fighting Terrorisim against the United States and the West.It needs to be made clear there will be a major miltary response at each of them if the United States or the West is attacked on a scale of 911 again.

May 6, 2011 at 10:57 am | Report abuse |
  14. bobcat2u

Well, I've got say I am in total shock this morning. I've been thumbing through these blogs and have not seen anything from the birthers / deathers. What a pleasant surprise.. I doubt that it will last long though. I'm guessing that they're huddling to rethink their strategy.

May 6, 2011 at 11:06 am | Report abuse |
  15. xochitl73

Where is the full translated (but unedited) statement? I don't want to read little snippets, I want the full thing!

May 6, 2011 at 11:09 am | Report abuse |