May 7th, 2011

Candid videos emerge of Osama bin Laden

Intelligence officials on Saturday unveiled five different videos of Osama bin Laden that were confiscated from the raid by U.S. forces at his Pakistan compound, which left the al Qaeda leader and four others dead.

One video looks suggests how conscious bin Laden was of his image. Sporting a white-gray beard, a dark wool cap and a blanket draped around his shoulders, he is seen sitting in front of a small television, flipping through a selection of satellite channels as he intently views video footage of himself.

Another video is a message to the United States officials believe was recorded in October or November. In that video, bin Laden's beard has been dyed black and he was well-composed as he delivered his message. The three other videos are practice sessions for videos he was planning to release to the world.

Bin Laden watches video of himself

Pentagon releases bin Laden video

Videos provide clues into psyche of the world's most wanted terrorist

The intelligence official said audio was removed from the videos because it would be "inappropriate to spread the words of terrorists and propaganda messages, especially Osama bin Laden." Otherwise, the videos were not altered, according to the official.

Officials say the new videos collected from the site in Abbottabad are a small slice of the haul considered to be the most significant amount of intelligence ever collected from a senior terrorist. The official also said the DNA evidence unquestionably shows that the person shot and killed in the Pakistan compound was bin Laden.

FULL STORY
Post by:
Filed under: Osama bin Laden
  1. Mookoomanm

There is no doubt in my mind Obama is saving the best for last. When it finally sinks into his ballooning head over this killing that he will not be a two termer. I can't wait til we see the ace in the hole he thinks will win him 2012 that no one will see until he finally realizes he will be moving. Whether it be a video, picture, papers gathered at the raid. It's gonna come out guaranteed when he knows all is lost and he's still gonna be moving out of the white house. This whole administration needs to be reminded daily that you wipe your butt after you take a crap

May 7, 2011 at 5:44 pm | Report abuse |
  2. FrankIsMyPersonalPuppet4EverBWAAHAAHAAHAA

Frank likes to hang out in the restroom of his local gay bar.

May 7, 2011 at 6:06 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Cesar

I take a crap, wipe my butt with toilet paper and then wipe it again with Tucks. It's so amazingly soothing for the massive hemorrhoids I have.

May 7, 2011 at 6:08 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Jake

Mookoo is mad OBL is dead. He needs to leave the US.

May 7, 2011 at 6:14 pm | Report abuse |
  5. banasy

It amuses me that no matter what evidence is given, no matter what videos shown, no matter what photos are released, there will always be someone who cries foul. Al Qaeda themselves admit that ObL is dead, yet some still cry cover-up. No-one is ever satisfied.

I'm in full agreement not to release the audio portion; it may satisfy the conspiracy theorists curiosity, but it would also give those who wish harm on the United States a blueprint. Not releasing it is the prudent thing to do.

May 7, 2011 at 6:16 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Jake

American children need to be considered. Photos, blogs, language, etc.

May 7, 2011 at 6:30 pm | Report abuse |
  7. banasy

This is not about Obama's chances of getting re-elected. This is about the release of some videos ObL made. Focus, people, focus!

May 7, 2011 at 6:53 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Cesar

@6:08 fake Cesar Troll: And then?

May 7, 2011 at 7:17 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Joey

Another attempt by the right-wing thugs in Washington to disinform us. I bet my bottom dollar that these videos were made by the C.I.A. using an impostor posing as bin Laden. However,all of this has all but insured the reelection of this Obama next year so he can give us more of the same bla-bla-bla. It never ends!

May 7, 2011 at 7:43 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Cesar

@fake Cesar of 6:08: ok, so your mother sucks long fat elephant d*cks. And then?

May 7, 2011 at 7:44 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Joey

I am so tired of the right-wing thugs in Washington getting their way. The murder of Bin Ladin is another typical example of the sick people in Washington. I hope Joey will forgive me for posting in his name. Also RuffNutt, Cesar, and Frank, please forgive me too. I cannot reveal my true name. I will say this, I like men very much. I am gay too, since birth. Again Joey, I ask forgiveness for using your name here and at 7:43 PM. I love YOU.

May 7, 2011 at 7:53 pm | Report abuse |
  12. FrankIsMyPersonalPuppet4EverBWAAHAAHAAHAA

@Fake Cesar (we know it's you Frank)
    I just want you to know that you made my day. I saw your post and it was obvious that you were thinking of me all day. But I am just a little curious...so here is a question.
    Frank, what is it like being a world class loser?
    Does it come from your mother? Is this why she turns tricks on street corner for meth?
    The apple doesn't fall far from the tree, right Frank?
    I have to go now but I will be sure to wave at your mother if I drive past skid row.
    BWAA HAA HAA HAA! (this is me laughing at fake Cesar...aka...Frank the Loser.)

May 7, 2011 at 8:01 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Cesar

Joey,there is no place in this forum for such right-wing Tea Party lingo. Blah,Blah,Blah. If you don't want to get to know me and become close, possibly my significant other,then we have nothing to talk about. It is as simple as that.

May 7, 2011 at 8:09 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Jake

People who wear their pants hanging down, use foul, vile, vulgar shock talk in public forum should be arrested on child abuse charges. Hide behind freedom of speech.

May 7, 2011 at 8:16 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Jake

People who wear their pants hanging down, use foul, vile, vulgar shock talk in public forums should be arrested on child abuse charges. Hide behind freedom of speech.

May 7, 2011 at 8:17 pm | Report abuse |