May 7th, 2011

Candid videos emerge of Osama bin Laden

Intelligence officials on Saturday unveiled five different videos of Osama bin Laden that were confiscated from the raid by U.S. forces at his Pakistan compound, which left the al Qaeda leader and four others dead.

One video looks suggests how conscious bin Laden was of his image. Sporting a white-gray beard, a dark wool cap and a blanket draped around his shoulders, he is seen sitting in front of a small television, flipping through a selection of satellite channels as he intently views video footage of himself.

Another video is a message to the United States officials believe was recorded in October or November. In that video, bin Laden's beard has been dyed black and he was well-composed as he delivered his message. The three other videos are practice sessions for videos he was planning to release to the world.

Bin Laden watches video of himself

Pentagon releases bin Laden video

Videos provide clues into psyche of the world's most wanted terrorist

The intelligence official said audio was removed from the videos because it would be "inappropriate to spread the words of terrorists and propaganda messages, especially Osama bin Laden." Otherwise, the videos were not altered, according to the official.

Officials say the new videos collected from the site in Abbottabad are a small slice of the haul considered to be the most significant amount of intelligence ever collected from a senior terrorist. The official also said the DNA evidence unquestionably shows that the person shot and killed in the Pakistan compound was bin Laden.

FULL STORY
Post by:
Filed under: Osama bin Laden
  1. that guy with half a brain

Whoever got the idea to post the tapes instead of Osama's corpse needs to have a raise! I personally think it was a genius move. Also, I don't understand why everyone is all against obama. Personally, I would still vote him back in office (not just because of this) because he has done a lot more than people (evene the news) gives him credit for.

May 7, 2011 at 8:18 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Joey

Dear Ersatz Cesar,
    Thank you for your kind offer of yourself and, possibly, your SO.
    I am not into
    three
    some entertainment.

May 7, 2011 at 8:23 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Mookoomanm

I just want to see the videos that involved the Avena. That's what I want.

May 7, 2011 at 9:30 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Joey

Oh, Ersatz Cesar, I reread your post.
    Were you offering to be my significant other (clarity in writing)?
    Well now, that's different.
    I know you love me; lots of people do.
    There would be so many things for us to work out.
    First, the divorce.
    Then–e poi...
    Little problem re my being gay: I'm not.
    Sorry about that (although I think it's great for you to be).
    E poi–tu sei matto.
    Assolutamente pazzo.
    Ed un poco...
    Know what, guy? I don't think it's going to work out.

May 7, 2011 at 9:34 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Cesar

@Joey: I am the real Cesar. I am not gay. That is either a troll or the political Cesar. Just so you'll know.

May 7, 2011 at 9:48 pm | Report abuse |
  6. joe

Enough is is about obl, let it rest the guy is dead you are just adding wood to the fire, whyn dont you all talk about the rising gas prices!!!!!

May 7, 2011 at 9:56 pm | Report abuse |
  7. banasy

Guys, you are preaching to the choir. The trolls don't care.

@Jake: "People who wear their pants hanging down"? Who on earth are you talking about?

May 7, 2011 at 9:59 pm | Report abuse |
  8. banasy

@joe: I don't talk about rising gas prices because people tend to blame the wrong person. They should blame the oil speculators on Wall Street. They don't.

May 7, 2011 at 10:01 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Mookoomanm

Hell I'm talking about the hundreds of avena videos. That's what I'm talkin about.

May 7, 2011 at 10:22 pm | Report abuse |
  10. dan smith

The real danger is now is al Qaeda gaining a foothold in Egypt with the help of the Palistinian Islamic Army. If Egypt falls into the hands of radical extremists then the whole Middle East will fall. Obama has made a fatal error in helping these terrorist gain a foothold in egypt and Lybia.

May 7, 2011 at 11:07 pm | Report abuse |
  11. dan smith

The real danger is now is al Qaeda gaining a foothold in Egypt with the help of the Palestinian Islamic Army. If Egypt falls into the hands of radical extremists then the whole Middle East will fall. Obama has made a fatal error in helping these terrorist gain a foothold in Egypt and Lybia.

May 7, 2011 at 11:08 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Linari

And yet there were many who were asking Obama to intervene when all of the uprisings began in the first place, dan. People can't have it both ways!

May 8, 2011 at 12:18 am | Report abuse |
  13. Joe Bob

Isn't the "real danger" al qaeda infiltrating the USA? Is that not why our government "took the battle to them"? So that the war would be "over there" rather than here? And we all know how easy it is for an illegal to enter this country even 10 years after 911, yet how many al qaeda have been arrested trying to sneak in? Are you really SURE that al qaeda wants to come here and kill US all? Wouldn't they at least have gotten caught one time trying to enter this country by now? Or does our border patrol allow illegal Mexicans but deny al qaeda.

May 8, 2011 at 4:51 am | Report abuse |
  14. Joe Bob

It would be "innapropriate to spread the Muslim message"? LMAO...is that why we buried him with full religious honors? An hour was spent washing his body and wrapping it in white cloth. Prayers anmd incantations were offered over his dead corpse. An honorable burial at sea for a terrorist? Are you kidding me?

May 8, 2011 at 5:11 am | Report abuse |
  15. itsame

the sound was edited so we wouldnt hear bin laden name the REAL culprit behind 9/11..this guy was such a narcassist, all that preening on camera and a effort towards a dyed beard (really osama whos your stylist) points in that direction..

May 8, 2011 at 6:13 am | Report abuse |