Gotta Watch: Mother's Day
May 8th, 2011

Gotta Watch: Mother's Day

Mother’s Day is May 8 and, in the spirit of motherhood everywhere, we wanted to share some warm-and-fuzzy mommy videos that will hopefully make you smile. Here's a hint: They involve baby animals and their - how should we say, atypical? - mothers. These videos prove that you don't have to be a biological mother to be a mom.

Chihuahua's motherly instinct - This video from 2007 could be one of the cutest, or most disturbing videos ever.  At first glance, everything looks totally normal. Until you realize those babies aren't actually puppies.

Dog is mother of the year to kittens - Who said dogs and cats can't get along?  Check out this video of a pooch named Lily Lou at an animal shelter in Iowa who ends up adopting nine motherless kittens.

Chicken takes pups under wing - Back in 2003 the Scott family, got the shock of a lifetime.  They came home to find that one of their pet chickens had flown its coop and set up shop with a litter of new born puppies and their doggy mom. They all seem to get along fine, only problem is that the pups are having a little trouble telling the difference between feather and fur so feeding is a bit of a challenge.

Post by:
Filed under: Animals • Dogs • Gotta Watch
  1. Caesar

@banasy...yw. he he. And I erased my FB account, so don't take it personal. (anyone) I have my reasons. And does your "stand on Africa's resources" differ from mine banasy?

May 8, 2011 at 1:16 pm | Report abuse |
  2. raven

My sista! long time no see! my thoughts go out to you and your Eric. As I said before, you will always be his Mommy. Happy Mothers Day and Happy Everyday.

May 8, 2011 at 1:17 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Bug Off

Bug off trolls, this a private conversation and thread. Let these fine folks enjoy the day and friendship in peace.

May 8, 2011 at 1:22 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Cesar

I'm a mother.

May 8, 2011 at 1:24 pm | Report abuse |
    • yeah that's for sure

Ha yeah, the biggest muthafukkka in the whole world! 😉

May 8, 2011 at 1:43 pm | Report abuse |
  5. tiffany

Happy Mother's Day to all of you : )

May 8, 2011 at 1:24 pm | Report abuse |
  6. banasy

@raven: Thanks, and same to you! I thought of Jazzzzz and Jasmine when I read that, as well as my firstborn, Eric. You're a class act, sista!

@Caesar: oh, no you don't young man. No debating on this fine day! (Unless it's about a gift for beautiful MH, ha ha!) But for the most part, yeah, I do.

May 8, 2011 at 1:30 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jazzzzzzzz

No I'm not.... I'm still but with the renewed faith to become a better person, women and child of God I will get their. Reading my Bible this morning did WONDERS for me. I feel good is the word real good. thanks though

May 8, 2011 at 1:39 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jazzzzzzzz

lol i meant there, sorry ppl

May 8, 2011 at 1:40 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Allen

Monyross you are so ignorant. raven did not do that post. I did, you jackazz. As you, I will play the part of a coward and post with a make believe name. Find me if you can.

May 8, 2011 at 1:31 pm | Report abuse |
  8. raven

MontyBOSSY, it wasnt me who said to mind their own business. I know we are in a public forum. There are also people here I talk to regularly and its the only place I DO see them, so I greet them when I havent been here in a while or its a notable day . If that offends your delicate sensibilities, perhaps YOU should be on a land line.so there.nanny nanny boo boo.

May 8, 2011 at 1:35 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Allen

Nanny nanny boo boo to Montyross. Poor baby, he may start to cry. Boo hoooo.

May 8, 2011 at 1:38 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Oreo

Raven, you don't have to explain, do whatever, don't let anyone get on your nerves. Play it easy, have a nice day, Sus, I meant Sis??

May 8, 2011 at 1:43 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Cesar

I'm a big mother.

May 8, 2011 at 1:47 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Kraft

I am with Oreo. raven is very consciensious but should not respond to jerks who illicit a response from her. Why talk to morons?

May 8, 2011 at 1:49 pm | Report abuse |
  13. raven

Thanks Oreo, thats good advice. And banasy, back atcha,sista!

May 8, 2011 at 1:51 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Montyross

I like to pee in the shower. It feels so good.

May 8, 2011 at 1:52 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Caesar

My uncle made national headlines back in the mid-60s. On his farm he had this piglet whose mommy had been buthcered. (yummy btw) Well, he also had this she-goat whose baby was born dead. Guess what! The goat adopted the piglet! The pig even suckled from the mommy goat! He really thought he was a goat! He didn't want to have anything to do with the other pids at all. He prefered the company of goats, and even became stubborn himself!

May 8, 2011 at 1:57 pm | Report abuse |