Gotta Watch: Floods rattle animal kingdom
A displaced deer rests on a Memphis city sidewalk.
May 11th, 2011

Gotta Watch: Floods rattle animal kingdom

People are not the only ones being forced out of their homes by the rising waters of the Mississippi. The water has wildlife big and small heading for the hills. These are some of the stories of the unforseen consequences of disastrous flooding.

Wildlife displaced by flooding – All creatures great and small have started to head for higher ground as the waters rise.  As Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal points out, it sounds comical, but it may actually become a problem as wildlife like deer and raccoons start to populate urban areas.

[cnn-video url="http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/us/2011/05/11/dnt.wildlife.la.flood.wafb"%5D

Flood leaves pests behind – As the water begins to recede in some places, it's leaving behind some unwanted creepy guests. Leeches, snakes and mosquitoes have set up shop in one Illinois town and the residents are less than thrilled.

[cnn-video url="http://cnn.com/video/?/video/us/2011/05/11/dnt.mo.creepy.flood.wpsd"%5D

Pitfalls of dirty water – One of the few living things that doesn't head for higher ground in an epic flood is CNN's Rob Marciano.  He explains what it's like reporting from the dirty, bacteria-filled flood waters.

[cnn-video url="http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/weather/2011/05/11/marciano.flood.water.cnn"%5D
Post by:
Filed under: Animals • Gotta Watch • Louisiana
  1. Seth

I'm really sick with people using these blogs for their personal amusement, or to say what they like to do.
    There is someone by the name of banasy that has to let everyone know what she and her family likes or dislikes.

Call your friends(if you have) and tell them whatever, not here.!!!!!!

May 11, 2011 at 11:22 am | Report abuse |
    • The Deer in the video - from iPhone 4G

That Evil Banasy, always forcing people to read their posts... the humanity.

-From NOW on this blog is not for Amusement, think of it as Grueling labor

May 11, 2011 at 11:38 am | Report abuse |
  2. Young brat

Agree with Seth. These people are disgusting

May 11, 2011 at 11:44 am | Report abuse |
  3. Scottish Mama

Shes family orientated, the shame. Banasy always tell you to skip her if it is going to comment to someone she met on this blog. Otherwise she gives her opinion on the topic. I think she puts OT off topic and then I just scan past her.

May 11, 2011 at 12:09 pm | Report abuse |
  4. ivan

Oh gosh Global Warming is a myth? Funny how the "Red States" reap the wicked storms, tornadoes and drought but but they are the first to say Global Warming is a myth. You continue to listen to your southern G.O.P. leaders and all the crap they spew out of thier mouths. They do NOT want to spend the money on safe energy so... suck it up and deal!

May 11, 2011 at 12:16 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Michael

I'm with Seth. I'm sick of the banasy getting on here and telling us how she is blessed with a wonderful family and spouting out personal nonsense. And this pollution with her gang of buddies is sickening. They need to go to a chatroom or start their own personal blogs.
    Banasy, you and your sista should go to the library and put books on the shelves. Do something useful for once. Txt or call your buddies. Just get off of these blogs.

May 11, 2011 at 12:24 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Fiona

Michael you're the best, need more like you.

May 11, 2011 at 12:27 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Having Fun In Life

I say eat the deere dont let them go to waste!

May 11, 2011 at 12:29 pm | Report abuse |
    • John Deere

I'm not eatin' no damn tractor.

May 11, 2011 at 12:49 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Fiona

@banasy;

I have 3 beautiful children! 4, 7 and another one 12. They love to sing.

I'm blessed for having them and wish to have two more.

Bye
    sista!!

May 11, 2011 at 12:50 pm | Report abuse |
    • Banasy

Ya'll need to take yo white bread keeeds and jump in da misses sippy

May 11, 2011 at 12:51 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Linton Dawson

I'm sure all the great Christians will protect God's creatures......like killing them and eating them.....

May 11, 2011 at 12:55 pm | Report abuse |
    • stephanie

actually God gave us the animals to eat! He provides for his people.

May 11, 2011 at 1:10 pm | Report abuse |
    • Having Fun In Life

Funny people….. Don’t you Know most of all God’s creatures eat each other to stay alive LOL Called a food chain and most of time we are at the top.

May 11, 2011 at 1:49 pm | Report abuse |
  10. The Rock

Hi sista!!, you and your "sista" are not welcome here.

May 11, 2011 at 1:22 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Rambo

Yo Rock,you a dumb azzz. Take a hike and you too fake banasy 12:51. Eat dog poop.

May 11, 2011 at 1:34 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Seth

I really like with people using these blogs for their personal amusement, or to say what they like to do.There is someone by the name of banasy who lets everyone know what she and her family likes or dislikes. I wish I had a family who loved me!

Call your friends and tell them I would love to have friends, too!!!!!!

May 11, 2011 at 1:52 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Young brat

Agree with Seth. These people are amazing.

May 11, 2011 at 1:54 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Michael

I’m with Seth. I love how banasy gets on here and tells us how she is blessed with a wonderful family and telling us her stories. And the rapport with her gang of buddies is so fun to read. They should to do it more! Banasy, you and your sista sound like people I'd like to meet online. Do me a favor and tell me how to make friends. Txt or call your buddies and tell them I need friends! Don't ever get off of these blogs.

May 11, 2011 at 2:02 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Fiona

Banasy, you’re the best, need more like you.

May 11, 2011 at 2:04 pm | Report abuse |