Gotta Watch: Floods rattle animal kingdom
A displaced deer rests on a Memphis city sidewalk.
May 11th, 2011

Gotta Watch: Floods rattle animal kingdom

People are not the only ones being forced out of their homes by the rising waters of the Mississippi. The water has wildlife big and small heading for the hills. These are some of the stories of the unforseen consequences of disastrous flooding.

Wildlife displaced by flooding – All creatures great and small have started to head for higher ground as the waters rise.  As Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal points out, it sounds comical, but it may actually become a problem as wildlife like deer and raccoons start to populate urban areas.

[cnn-video url="http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/us/2011/05/11/dnt.wildlife.la.flood.wafb"%5D

Flood leaves pests behind – As the water begins to recede in some places, it's leaving behind some unwanted creepy guests. Leeches, snakes and mosquitoes have set up shop in one Illinois town and the residents are less than thrilled.

[cnn-video url="http://cnn.com/video/?/video/us/2011/05/11/dnt.mo.creepy.flood.wpsd"%5D

Pitfalls of dirty water – One of the few living things that doesn't head for higher ground in an epic flood is CNN's Rob Marciano.  He explains what it's like reporting from the dirty, bacteria-filled flood waters.

[cnn-video url="http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/weather/2011/05/11/marciano.flood.water.cnn"%5D
Post by:
Filed under: Animals • Gotta Watch • Louisiana
  1. The Rock

Hi sista!!, you and your “sista” are welcome here.

May 11, 2011 at 2:06 pm | Report abuse |
  2. leeintulsa

The things that eat the other things are getting flushed out, too. We're not on the mississippi, but we had some flooding in eastern oklahoma not long ago, and a mountain lion was found up someone's tree in n tulsa the other day.

May 11, 2011 at 2:06 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Michael

I’m sick of the banasy getting on here and telling us how she is blessed with a wonderful family and spouting out personal nonsense. And this pollution with her gang of buddies is sickening. They need to go to a chatroom or start their own personal blogs.

May 11, 2011 at 2:07 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Cesar

Hey Seth, I'm getting tired of you crying and whinning all the time. Shut your mouth, stupid.

May 11, 2011 at 2:07 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Michael

Banasy, you and your sista should go to the library and put books on the shelves. Do something useful for once. Txt or call your buddies. Just get off of these blogs. Bye sista!!!!!

May 11, 2011 at 2:08 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Michael

I’m very sick of the banasy getting on here and telling us how she is blessed with a wonderful family and spouting out personal nonsense. And this pollution with her gang of buddies is sickening. They need to go to a chatroom or start their own personal blogs.

May 11, 2011 at 2:09 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Cesar

@Michael: Are you the blog police? If so, by who's authority. You might want to keep your mouth shut. I know you're a troll. You moron, alias Michael, Outsider, Seth, and others. Pea Brain. Hahahahahahahah

May 11, 2011 at 2:12 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Michael

I’m sick and bored of the banasy getting on here and telling us how she is blessed with a wonderful family and spouting out personal nonsense. And this pollution with her gang of buddies is sickening. They need to go to a chatroom or start their own personal blogs.

May 11, 2011 at 2:13 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Michael

I love how banasy gets on here and tells us how she is blessed with a wonderful family and telling us her stories. And the rapport with her gang of buddies is so fun to read. They should to do it more! Banasy, you and your sista sound like people I'd like to meet online. Do me a favor and tell me how to make friends. Txt or call your buddies and tell them I need friends! Don't ever get off of these blogs.

May 11, 2011 at 2:15 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Michael

I love how banasy gets on here and tells us how she is blessed with a wonderful family and telling us her stories. And the rapport with her gang of buddies is so fun to read. They should to do it more! Banasy, you and your sista sound like people I'd like to meet online. Do me a favor and tell me how to make friends. Txt or call your buddies and tell them I need friends! Don't ever get off of these blogs!!

May 11, 2011 at 2:16 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Michael

I just love how banasy gets on here and tells us how she is blessed with a wonderful family and telling us her stories. And the rapport with her gang of buddies is so fun to read. They should to do it more! Banasy, you and your sista sound like people I'd like to meet online. Do me a favor and tell me how to make friends. Txt or call your buddies and tell them I need friends! Don't ever get off of these blogs.

May 11, 2011 at 2:17 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Michael

I’m sick and tired of the banasy getting on here and telling us how she is blessed with a wonderful family and spouting out personal nonsense. And this pollution with her gang of buddies is sickening. They need to go to a chatroom or start their own personal blogs.

May 11, 2011 at 2:17 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Michael

I dearly love how banasy gets on here and tells us how she is blessed with a wonderful family and telling us her stories. And the rapport with her gang of buddies is so fun to read. They should to do it more! Banasy, you and your sista sound like people I'd like to meet online. Do me a favor and tell me how to make friends. Txt or call your buddies and tell them I need friends! Don't ever get off of these blogs.

May 11, 2011 at 2:18 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Cesar

@Michael: Hi Michael. So sorry that your life is so sad, empty, and unfulfilled that you must dump on happy people with a positive outlook on life. I feel sorry for you. You truly are pathetic. Post with your regular name. Oh wait, you would be too ashamed to do that.

May 11, 2011 at 2:19 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Michael

Banasy, you and your sista should go to the library and put books on the shelves. Do something useful for once. Txt or call your buddies. Just get off of these blogs!

May 11, 2011 at 2:19 pm | Report abuse |