Gotta Watch: Floods rattle animal kingdom
A displaced deer rests on a Memphis city sidewalk.
May 11th, 2011

Gotta Watch: Floods rattle animal kingdom

People are not the only ones being forced out of their homes by the rising waters of the Mississippi. The water has wildlife big and small heading for the hills. These are some of the stories of the unforseen consequences of disastrous flooding.

Wildlife displaced by flooding – All creatures great and small have started to head for higher ground as the waters rise.  As Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal points out, it sounds comical, but it may actually become a problem as wildlife like deer and raccoons start to populate urban areas.

[cnn-video url="http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/us/2011/05/11/dnt.wildlife.la.flood.wafb"%5D

Flood leaves pests behind – As the water begins to recede in some places, it's leaving behind some unwanted creepy guests. Leeches, snakes and mosquitoes have set up shop in one Illinois town and the residents are less than thrilled.

[cnn-video url="http://cnn.com/video/?/video/us/2011/05/11/dnt.mo.creepy.flood.wpsd"%5D

Pitfalls of dirty water – One of the few living things that doesn't head for higher ground in an epic flood is CNN's Rob Marciano.  He explains what it's like reporting from the dirty, bacteria-filled flood waters.

[cnn-video url="http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/weather/2011/05/11/marciano.flood.water.cnn"%5D
Post by:
Filed under: Animals • Gotta Watch • Louisiana
  1. Michael

I’m sick of the banasy getting on here and telling us how she is blessed with a wonderful family and spouting out personal nonsense. And this pollution with her gang of buddies is sickening. They need to go to a chatroom or start their own personal blogs.

May 11, 2011 at 2:20 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Michael

I love how banasy gets on here and tells us how she is blessed with a wonderful family and telling us her stories. And the rapport with her gang of buddies is so fun to read. They should to do it more! Banasy, you and your sista sound like people I'd like to meet online. Do me a favor and tell me how to make friends. Txt or call your buddies and tell them I need friends! Don't ever get off of these blogs!!!!

May 11, 2011 at 2:20 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Michael

Banasy, you and your sista should go to the library and put books on the shelves. Do something useful for once. Txt or call your buddies. Just get off of these blogs!!!

May 11, 2011 at 2:21 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Michael

I love how banasy gets on here and tells us how she is blessed with a wonderful family and telling us her stories. And the rapport with her gang of buddies is so fun to read. They should to do it more! Banasy, you and your sista sound like people I'd like to meet online. Do me a favor and tell me how to make friends. Text or call your buddies and tell them I need friends! Don't ever get off of these blogs.

May 11, 2011 at 2:21 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Cesar

@Micael: Do you have a mental condition? You are so generic and redundant.

May 11, 2011 at 2:21 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Michael

I’m sick of the banasy getting on here and telling us how she is blessed with a wonderful family and spouting out personal nonsense. And this pollution with her gang of buddies is sickening.. They need to go to a chatroom or start their own personal blogs.
    Banasy, you and your sista should go to the library and put books on the shelves. Do something useful for once. Txt or call your buddies. Just get off of these blogs.

May 11, 2011 at 2:24 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Cesar

I know Seth and Michael is the same person. Oh well, once a troll, always a troll.

May 11, 2011 at 2:24 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Michael

I love banasy. Banasy rocks!

May 11, 2011 at 2:25 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Michael

I wish I could be friends with banasy. I have none.

May 11, 2011 at 2:26 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Michael

I just adore how banasy gets on here and tells us how she is blessed with a wonderful family and telling us her stories. And the rapport with her gang of buddies is so fun to read. They should to do it more! Banasy, you and your sista sound like people I'd like to meet online. Do me a favor and tell me how to make friends. Txt or call your buddies and tell them I need friends! Don't ever get off of these blogs.

May 11, 2011 at 2:27 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Michael

I like you too, Cesar. Will you be my friend?

May 11, 2011 at 2:28 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Seth

I agree, Michael. Banasy rocks!

May 11, 2011 at 2:28 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Seth

@Fiona: could I father your other two?

May 11, 2011 at 2:29 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Cesar

Those poor creatures in the flooded areas will be looking for new homes. I didn't know that as the water recedes, leeches and other creatures would be more common. Well Seth/Michael, maybe that explains it.

May 11, 2011 at 2:31 pm | Report abuse |