Sports Update: Celtics feel the Heat, Bulls to chase Hawks
The Celtics lost to the Heat by 10 points.
May 12th, 2011

Sports Update: Celtics feel the Heat, Bulls to chase Hawks

The Celtics weren't going down without a fight but the boys from Boston could do little in the final minutes of Game 5 to stave off a 10-point run by LeBron James. The Celtics were sent packing in a 97-87 loss. But was the Heat's commanding victory more a result of Miami's skill or Boston's bad luck? SI.com's Ian Thomsen writes that blaming the Heat's win on an injury-riddled Celtics squad would do a disservice to both teams. "Had Rondo been healthy, would the Celtics be looking forward to a Game 6 at home?" Thomsen writes. "It is neither an excuse the Celtics were offering nor one that is fair to the Heat, who come together in a short time with teammates who struggled to complement one another. The Celtics didn't collapse at the sight of them, or the sight of their own injury report. Their stubbornness gave meaning to Miami's victory."

While Doc Rivers' squad may join the powerhouse Lakers and Spurs on the sidelines for the remainder of the NBA playoffs, speculation is heating up about who the Heat has moved to the forefront.

Up tonight:

Chicago Bulls vs. Atlanta Hawks - The Bulls will take the court at Philips Arena for their Game 6 showdown with the Atlanta Hawks. Chicago leads the series 3-2.

By The Numbers

$1 million - Fine received by the Fiesta Bowl in the aftermath of a recent scandal involving apparently illegal campaign contributions from various staffers and inappropriate spending by the former CEO.

3 - Number of races Daytona 500 champ Trevor Bayne has missed after an unknown illness sidelined him. Bayne is expected to return May 22 at the Nationwide Series' race in Iowa.

56 - Number of regular season games won by the Boston Celtics. Coach Doc Rivers recently said that he "probably" will return to coach Boston again next season.

Post by:
Filed under: Basketball • NBA • Sports
  1. Michael

Hello, I am "Outsider'. The fact is, I feel very inadequate and make up fake things. I have a tiny two inch ding/dong and am ashamed of it. That is why I makeup fake things about myself. banasy was right when she said I have "delusions of grandeur". I am sorry.

I also apologize to the real Cesar. I know he is a good guy and has been plagued by trolls. I just want peace and hope he can forgive me. I don't like the trolls and what they say. But, I can deal with most of it, as long as it's not s/e/x/u/a/l comments. They just make me feel more inadequate.

Please forgive me Cesar and everyone else. I hope we can move on to better times.

-Jorma

May 12, 2011 at 12:06 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Michael

I’m sick of banasy getting on here and telling us how she is blessed with a wonderful family and spouting out personal nonsense. And this pollution with her gang of buddies is sickening. They need to go to a chatroom or start their own personal blogs.
    Banasy, you and your sista should go to the library and put books on the shelves. Do something useful for once. Txt or call your buddies. Just get off of these blogs.

May 12, 2011 at 1:18 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Michael

I am one sick ass.

I love how banasy gets on here and tells us how she is blessed with a wonderful family and telling us her stories.

And the rapport with her gang of buddies is so fun to read. They should to do it more!

Banasy, you and your sista sound like people I'd like to meet online.

Do me a favor and tell me how to make friends.

Txt or call your buddies and tell them I need friends!

Don't ever get off of these blogs.

May 12, 2011 at 1:43 pm | Report abuse |
  4. banasy

DA BULLS!!!!

May 12, 2011 at 3:33 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Old Fashion

If the dog never stop to take a sh.. he could have catch the rabbit.

May 12, 2011 at 4:13 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Mexican

I like beans

May 12, 2011 at 5:17 pm | Report abuse |
  7. dan smith

Go Chicago Bulls, would love to see them back in the Championship series and let's all stick to the topics.

May 12, 2011 at 5:38 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Mexican

No me gustan frijoles

May 12, 2011 at 6:54 pm | Report abuse |
  9. banasy

I agree, dan smith, I'd love to see DA BULLS go all the way again!

May 12, 2011 at 6:56 pm | Report abuse |
  10. dan smith

I like to get down with other men while I am dressed in drag.

May 12, 2011 at 7:06 pm | Report abuse |
  11. xogie

Xogie is a virtual site where the seller and buyer will experience live interaction with the products.So come check us out @ http://www.xogie.com , site still in bata .Please free to your post your products etc.

May 12, 2011 at 7:31 pm | Report abuse |
  12. xogie

May 12, 2011 at 7:32 pm | Report abuse |
  13. dan smith

Whoever just posted at 7:06 PM using my name, get a life already, the rest of us are tired of your idiotic behavior. It's getting beyond old, if you want to talk gibberish go somewhere else.

May 12, 2011 at 9:00 pm | Report abuse |
  14. dan smith

Banasy, Yeah miss watching MJ and Scotty Pippen playing about as much as I miss watching Larry Bird an the other MJ from the Lakers, those were the best years in the NBA.

May 12, 2011 at 9:04 pm | Report abuse |
  15. banasy

@dan smith: Don't forget Dennis Rodman's antics. He was truly a trip! And I adored Bill Paxson, being the girl that I am!

I partied with Larry Bird at ISU back in the day. Now I've aged myself. Forget I told you this!

May 12, 2011 at 9:53 pm | Report abuse |