May 17th, 2011

Louisiana issues snake warning to residents of flood-impacted areas

Louisiana has issued a snake warning to residents of areas affected by floods.

There are 22 species of snakes that within the spillway, three of which are venomous species, spokeswoman Christina Stephens of Louisiana's Office of Homeland Security said.

"When you come back to your home, check for snakes," Stephens said.

FULL STORY
Post by:
Filed under: Louisiana • Weather
  1. Cesar

@Cesar Troll 10:12: You don't mean that. You just had a bad day, sweetie. Have some Nacho Doritos and a beer. You'll feel better, troll.

May 17, 2011 at 10:18 pm | Report abuse |
  2. stewie

I had a friend growing up, he'd catch a rattlesnake or water moccasin by the tail and snap it's neck and kill it. I actually stepped on a rattler when I was about 12 years old felt like a giant worm. Jumped back before it had a chance to bite me so it was all good.

May 17, 2011 at 10:35 pm | Report abuse |
  3. stewie

Water moccasins aren't a threat when they're heads are under water because they are unable to bite. It's when they come up that you have to worry and they are fast swimmers.

May 17, 2011 at 10:38 pm | Report abuse |
    • Don'tlistentomorons

Of course snakes can bite underwater...how else would they ever eat fish...scare it up on the bank, and then bite it?

May 18, 2011 at 12:03 am | Report abuse |
    • glj

Stewie, they can bite underwater.

May 18, 2011 at 10:31 am | Report abuse |
  4. Cesar

The only thing dumber than a dumb snake, is a smart TROLL.

May 17, 2011 at 10:58 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Cesar

Hahahaha, CNN took out Joey's Troll's obscene comment. Hahahaha, Loser Troll-so IGNORANT he can't get his obscene post posted. What a dumb aszzzsss. LOSER

May 17, 2011 at 11:33 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Cesar

We haven't had a Snake Warning around these parts since '87. Time to put on the ol' Snake Boots, snap into a chorizo and wade out in this muck.

May 18, 2011 at 3:45 am | Report abuse |
  7. Cesar

Speaking of 1987.. has anyone seen the new packaging sacks for Taco flavored Doritos? Very retro. I like it. Mmmm. Yeah. It's really groovy.

May 18, 2011 at 3:50 am | Report abuse |
  8. TvNYC

Every comment was pathetic! Rapture day on saturddy'

May 18, 2011 at 6:02 am | Report abuse |
  9. Joey

Ah, the Rapture!

May 18, 2011 at 6:27 am | Report abuse |
  10. Joey

I am flattered to have more than one troll.
    Good morning, Hagen.
    I regret missing the obscene post, now removed, signed with my nom de plume.
    I find jealousy and mockery gratifying, and I thank my trolls for their accolades.

May 18, 2011 at 6:35 am | Report abuse |
  11. banasy

They're going to celebrate the song "Rapture" by Blondie on Saturday?

Wow. The song isn't *that* good!

May 18, 2011 at 8:43 am | Report abuse |
  12. Scottish Mama

I was canoeing on Missouri river and a moccocin was trying to throw itself into our canoe. It would swim and thow its body against the canoe. My husband was smacking the snake with the oar. It finally swam off. I think it was after our food and Anheiser that used to be owned by a Busch family.

May 18, 2011 at 9:01 am | Report abuse |
  13. stewie

Sorry but water moccassins can not bite under water that is why they come to the surface and raise their heads up out of the water Before they attack.

May 18, 2011 at 9:05 am | Report abuse |
  14. JT

Cottonmouths can definitely bite underwater but you'd have to be really unlucky for one to attack you in the water. Even then the bite isn't deadly but it will hurt and probably still require medical attention. As with any snake, it's best to just leave it alone and make a lot of noise to scare them away as you're walking around.

May 18, 2011 at 9:57 am | Report abuse |
  15. Cesar

@banasy: You are so right. It is not that good a song.Its good but..., Anyway, I agree with most if not all your posts. Keep posting and I'll keep reading. @Joey: You too. HaHa, Joey told off a troll. Boooo trolls. Booooo trolls.

May 18, 2011 at 10:21 am | Report abuse |