First-time jobless benefit claims decline again
May 19th, 2011

First-time jobless benefit claims decline again

The number of Americans filing for their first week of unemployment benefits dropped sharply for the second straight week.

In the week ended May 14, 409,000 Americans filed for their first week of unemployment benefits, the Labor Department said Thursday.

FULL CNNMONEY.COM STORY
Post by:
Filed under: Economy • Jobs
  1. Penny

@Scottish Mama, why don't you find another job and quit posting stupid comments.

May 19, 2011 at 11:07 am | Report abuse |
  2. Scottish Mama

I don't remember asking a Penny for your thoughts.

May 19, 2011 at 11:18 am | Report abuse |
  3. Penny

You don't have to ask, we can see that you are a lazy old bag that has nothing better to do. I work in a bank, I'm off today but you are always off posting crap.

May 19, 2011 at 11:21 am | Report abuse |
    • Scottish Mama

Are you talking about the person who takes my name and writes a bunch of nonsense?

May 19, 2011 at 12:11 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Penny

I have to go, not wasting my time with you. Keep milking the system you lazy arrogant piece of sh!t!!!!!!!

May 19, 2011 at 11:26 am | Report abuse |
    • Scottish Mama

I have never milked the system, What junk have you fust posted. Hit a nerve? Now the taxpayers have to clean up your bank buddies mess?

May 19, 2011 at 11:36 am | Report abuse |
  5. Scottish Mama

So don't read it. You are a negative crabby banker. Probably part of the reason we are in this mess. Giving loans out to people who trusted you to help them into a home. Don't like it because I asked the right questions?

May 19, 2011 at 11:27 am | Report abuse |
  6. Scottish Mama

I don't milk the system I pay for everything I have and my home has been paid for for years. Go to work and the grind to help some more people into poverty. Wouldn't stand up to help the people losing their homes? Spineless?

May 19, 2011 at 11:30 am | Report abuse |
  7. jim

Everyone is at fault. We the people are at fault for buying houses we couldn't pay for. The banks are at fault for loaning the money to us, the people. The oil companies and commodities brokers are at fault for running up the price of oil and goods which caused the bubble. And businesses are at fault for cutting jobs when the country could least afford it. There is plenty of blame to go around banks are only a small part of it.

May 19, 2011 at 1:01 pm | Report abuse |
  8. jim

P.S. Just to let you know. Nearly all of the money borrowed under the Bush TARP has been paid back. Can't speak as to the Obama TARP.

May 19, 2011 at 1:04 pm | Report abuse |
    • Scottish Mama

@Jim-the TARP was all Former President Bushs' baby to the banks. The stimulus was President Obamas' Baby to the states. Totally different. Look it up on wiki.

May 19, 2011 at 1:25 pm | Report abuse |
  9. stewie

Good thing for all those Mickey D jobs.

May 19, 2011 at 1:07 pm | Report abuse |
  10. jim

I would say though that the monster mega banks need to be abolished. We need to go back to a local community banking system and do away with credit scores and go to manual underwriting of loans.

May 19, 2011 at 1:13 pm | Report abuse |
    • Scottish Mama

Second that.

May 19, 2011 at 1:26 pm | Report abuse |
  11. gary hart

Oh scottish, pennys right about ya. do something with your boring life will ya!

May 19, 2011 at 1:34 pm | Report abuse |
    • Scottish Mama

Oh, Gary, I am right when the Tea Party and Republicans cannot even decifer that their own parties place in the American mess. President Obama was the stimulus. And my life isn't boring I have you and Penny to disagree with.

May 19, 2011 at 1:47 pm | Report abuse |
  12. cool kat

@tired, don't fret it, joey is a number one jacka ss. Your analysis is correct. As for global warming, the earth's temperature is constantly changing for many reasons. Tilt, distance to the sun on its orbital path, solar flares. The scientists that are pushing global warming now are the same ones that were pushing a new ice age thirty five years ago but you're probably too you to remember. Also there are scientists within NASA and the scientific community that do not believe we are going through global warming but the scientific community has pretty much kept them silenced. It is kind of like what the Catholic Church used to do to people they viewed as heretics. Don't have such a closed mind to different ideas.

May 19, 2011 at 1:36 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Jim

@ScottishMama, get your facts straight before you post. Bush signed both a TARP bill and a stimulus bill in 2008. What Obama did was redirect a lot of money from TARP to the states it was called TARPII or lovingly referred to as TARP on steroids.

May 19, 2011 at 2:07 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Jim

By the way before you post something that makes you look even less knowledgeable about the subject, google it you'll see I'm being straight with you.

May 19, 2011 at 2:12 pm | Report abuse |
  15. gary hart

You just want to show everyone you are smart, reality; an ass

May 19, 2011 at 2:24 pm | Report abuse |