Gotta Watch: Comics take on Arnold
Since revealing he had an affair that resulted in a child, Arnold Schwarzenegger has become a hot topic and punchline for comedians.
May 19th, 2011

Gotta Watch: Comics take on Arnold

The fallout from the revelation of Arnold Schwarzenegger's extramarital affair and the child he had with a household staffer has provided comedic fodder for celebrities. From "images" of Schwarzenegger's son to an old Hollywood view on infidelity, you've gotta watch how these jokesters tackle Ah-nald and his spectacular controversy.

Late-night tackles Schwarzenegger -You knew it would happen because for comics this scandal was too big to pass. Late-night monologues were filled with swipes at the former California governor and his outed secret.

Conan uncovers birth video of Schwarzenegger's love child – Late-night host Conan O'Brien claims he was able to get footage of the moment Arnold Schwarzenegger found out he'd be a new father. Watch Schwarzenegger's reaction to the birth of his son with his mistress.

A familiar feeling – Actress Debbie Reynolds knows all too well about dealing with the breakup of a high-profile marriage due to an extramarital affair. She offers her cheeky insight on Schwarzenegger' revelation.

Post by:
Filed under: Celebrity • Gotta Watch • Politics • Showbiz
  1. CubanMom

Never liked Arnold, never will. Always thought he was a creep and he is!

May 19, 2011 at 12:38 pm | Report abuse |
    • @theTalkingMula

Thank you media for blurring the face of Arnold's kid. I'm sure no one seeing his mom's face will ever be able to trace him back to her and ruin his life.

May 19, 2011 at 3:28 pm | Report abuse |
    • liz

DITTO!

May 19, 2011 at 3:59 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Terminator

I'll be bahhhhck.

May 19, 2011 at 1:01 pm | Report abuse |
  3. jesse kleitman

I have just recieved news that an armed extremist mob has surrounded a coptic church in ains shams district of Cairo. The Egyptian army has allowed them to assemble and has not dispursed them as of 10:30 EST thurs may 19 2011.

Sorry for the inapropriat post but this is an emergency and I can't figure out where else to alert the media.

May 19, 2011 at 1:02 pm | Report abuse |
    • Stupid

This is the media's way of telling you they expect you to cover it and dissolve the problem. You've had your training. Now go, and may God speed.

May 19, 2011 at 1:08 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Bob Dog

Debbie Reynolds alive and funny. Eddie Fisher and Liz Taylor dead and disgraced. Ms. Reynolds proves once again that the best revenge is living well. If I had a spare $10 mil around, I'd put a comedy together starring Reynolds and Betty White.

May 19, 2011 at 1:21 pm | Report abuse |
    • agonyfIips

Why talk bad about the dead.
      We`re all human, and sometimes relationships don`t work out as planned.

May 19, 2011 at 5:00 pm | Report abuse |
  5. mary

I don't care for him either, and the whole situation is so predictable! But you just can't blame Arnold. My dad had a very lengthy affair that produced 2 kids he was with this woman for a long time! I love my mom more than anything but it does take 2 to ruin a marraige. My long term relationship also ended when he had an affair, not siding with him at all, but I can see my part in the relationship. He should of said something, or left but not continue to lie and live with me! So there is always 2 sides to a story and in Arnold and Maria's case, do we even need to hear it at all? I do feel for his son, the one they keep talking about, he must feel terrible and all the comments are'nt helping either! I wish they would leave the kid out of it! He is only 14 and his other kids will always be the prodigal children and he will never be considered anything by the media except the other kid! So sad.~MARY~

May 19, 2011 at 2:32 pm | Report abuse |
  6. ross

Which one will be Devito! real life Twins unfolding.....

May 19, 2011 at 2:41 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Bill

The family is going through a lot and I think we should respect their privacy. Every member of this family is hurt just because of Arnold's wrong choice. He admitted his guilt and confess his sins, we should leave him alone. I do hope Shriver and her children will soon be able to open their arms to the 14 year old boy. He is also as much a victim as all of them and will be related to them all his life. We need to learn several lessons from this story:

1. I hope that all married men and women who are currently cheating on their spouse learn the lesson and come back to their common sense before they do any damage. Just call it a quit! You can confess your sins in your closet now or you will be forced to do it later in the media. It's your choice!

2. Ladies, if you can afford a maid, hire a good one not necessarily a hot one! Please, do not hire the one your husband likes. Remember they stay in your house while you are working hard in the office or miles away in a business trip; that means plenty of time with your husband. I know you expect your husband to have a class and not fall that low but it can happen.

May 19, 2011 at 3:04 pm | Report abuse |
    • NTH

Your point #2, a cheater is a cheater. Unless you are next to him 24/7, he'll find his opportunity to cheat. And btw, if you have to be near your spouse all the time just to make sure he is not cheating on you then it's time to move on and find some one you can trust.

May 19, 2011 at 3:29 pm | Report abuse |
    • Bill

I meant the maid stays in the house while the wife is working hard in the office or miles away in a business trip that means plenty of time with her husband. My point is not for the wife to remain in the house but to be careful on the maid she is hiring.

May 19, 2011 at 3:36 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Cricket

I thought the child was only 10?

And that woman was definitely NOT hot...proving that Arnold didn't care what she looked like...he wasn't thinking with the head on his shoulders!

May 19, 2011 at 3:14 pm | Report abuse |
    • Bill

No he is 14. He is the same age as Arnold last boy with Shriver. Arnold's statement does not say 10 precisely.
      "After leaving the governor's office I told my wife about this event, which occurred over a decade ago,"

Look at this video: http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/showbiz/2011/05/19/am.schwarzenegger.mistress.cnn?hpt=C2

You're right! he wasn't thinking with his head on his shoulders but with his penny between his legs.

May 19, 2011 at 3:33 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Jeff Frank - (R-Ohio)

Commando: As he drives his predecessor in to a live steam pipe...he says..."Stick around".

Now from the future he's a T1sh_t !

May 19, 2011 at 3:41 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Cricket

@Bill:
    Ok, I see. Thanks for clearing that up.

Now for my next point: wow. They've kept this a secret for 14 years, and now that they're divorcing, it comes out? Timing is everything, I guess.

And that dirty dog was bopping another woman at the same his wife conceived?
    He's downright nasty!

Poor Maria. She had to shove her pride aside an awful lot.

May 19, 2011 at 3:52 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Cricket

@Bill:
    One would assume that the husband would be working elsewhere also....

May 19, 2011 at 3:54 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Realworld

Bill,
    You must have a Phd in stupidity. I think you need to shave off your beard and stop scratching it. Your response was so PC. Yes, everyone is hurt but to "leave him alone"? Arnold needs to be skewered. Hoping all men and women stop cheating? What planet do you live on? Hope all you want but nothing is going to change. I know your post is going to change society for the better. This may get you an A in your philosophy class but it opens you up to criticism here. Once powerful people stop using their influence to abuse subordinates or people without a voice will be the day I stop judging them. But I hope philosophical beard scratchers like you continue making ridiculous comments like that. I need some entertainment in life.

May 19, 2011 at 4:08 pm | Report abuse |
  13. BLT

I wish someone would make fun of the comic's lives. They are a heartless bunch that take pleasure in making fun of people's dirty laundry. I'm not concerned about Arnold OR the stupid maid, but the children don't deserve ANY of it!

May 19, 2011 at 4:16 pm | Report abuse |
  14. BLT

@ Realworld RUDE TUDE DUDE!

May 19, 2011 at 4:34 pm | Report abuse |
  15. libertarian

We are all assuming this was an ongoing affair and not a one time lack of good judgment, didn't Bill Cosby make the same error long ago.

May 19, 2011 at 5:08 pm | Report abuse |