May 26th, 2011

Libya lists 'proposals' for ceasefire, Spain says

The office of Libya's prime minister sent a message to the Spanish government listing "a series of proposals that could lead to a ceasefire," a spokesman for Spanish Prime Minister Jose Luis Rodriguez Zapatero said Thursday.

The message, from the office of Prime Minister Baghdadi al-Mahmoudi, was also sent to other European capitals, the spokesman said, adding that he could not name which capitals.

Spain has contributed military assets, including troops, to the NATO-led mission to enforce a no-fly zone and protect civilians in Libya.

Read CNN's full coverage of the Libyan ceasefire proposal
Post by:
Filed under: Libya • Spain
  1. jon

@Skynet, there was a bomb planted in egypt by the muslim brotherhood already, it killed around thirty people.

May 26, 2011 at 6:43 pm | Report abuse |
    • Skynet

@jon: The Skynet that posted agreeing with Ruffnutt was an impostor troll. Anyways I tried googling your claim about Muslim Brotherhood bombing innocents during the protests and couldn't find anything. All I found was a new years bombing against Coptic Christians which the supposedly hardliner anti fundamentalist government claimed was caused by Al Queda in Iraq. The Muslim Brotherhood publicly condemned the attack which is not typical when a terror group carries out an attack. Normally those groups are far too eager to proudly claim responsibility. Here's a link to that story: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/40870143/ns/world_news-mideast_n_africa/t/bomb-new-years-mass-kills-egypt/ if you have any links to back up your claim Id like to see it. For the record I hate these false prophet based religions. And the blood they have on their hands.

May 26, 2011 at 10:58 pm | Report abuse |
  2. jon

I'm sure you're also aware that none of the 9\11 hijackers were wearing traditional arab garb, they were wearing jeans and shirts.

May 26, 2011 at 6:55 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Skynet

Good grief! Are we infested with Sarah Palin fans? This hi-jacking of my name needs to stop. The above Tea Party remarks about the Muslim Brotherhood,was posted by an imposter. This has to stop. It is simply atrocious and unacceptable.

May 26, 2011 at 11:05 pm | Report abuse |
    • Troll #1875150

Is there no honor among you? I'm looking at you Troll #35280. Aka fake skynet! Truth be told I find some of your comments funny. Not like the uptight getalong gang. Did my making fun of religion tick you off? Do you wish Sarah Barracuda's fish was nibbling on your worm? Me too.

May 26, 2011 at 11:13 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Ellis

I just adore trolls! Remember those troll pencil tops that had the puffy hair? Id like you trolls to bounce on my pencil 😉 tee hee

May 26, 2011 at 11:18 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Guest

I rest my case.

Get another name, Dim.

May 27, 2011 at 12:28 am | Report abuse |
    • Skynet the real one

Actually I used to be Dim Mak, but frequently change my name to avoid trolls. However I will prove how dumb you are by not posting on here again and you'll see the trolling continue. If I have an opinion about anyone I'm glad to share it instead of hijacking names. I have noticed though the only comments that get ignored are the well thought out common sense ones, while any partisan or racist banter is always argued out by morons here. So here's to you inspector gadget. Im not posting on here anymore and you can have fun playing troll hunt. I would consider a new hobby.

May 27, 2011 at 10:01 am | Report abuse |
  6. Joseph Zrnchik, MAJ (Ret.)

If people think Obama's Afghan War is bad, wait until they find out the truth about his Libyan War.

Obama's War On African Development for International Bankers

May 27, 2011 at 1:18 am | Report abuse |
  7. jon

@skynet, it was on a cnn article the day it happened, the article stated that the muslim brotherhood claimed responsibility for the bombing and that they were protesting coptic church's in an attempt to get them banned.

May 27, 2011 at 9:01 am | Report abuse |
  8. jon

@skynet, I also googled muslim brotherhood terrorists and found many sources of information about their link to terrorism including an speech given by former FBI Director Mueller to congress on the brotherhood's link to terrorism and their training camps inside th US.

May 27, 2011 at 12:38 pm | Report abuse |