Actor Jeff Conaway dead at 60
Actor Jeff Conaway had been fighting for his life in an Encino, California, hospital after being admitted for pneumonia May 11.
May 27th, 2011

Actor Jeff Conaway dead at 60

Actor Jeff Conaway, who was in the TV series "Taxi" and the movie "Grease," died Friday morning from pneumonia, his manager said.

Conaway, 60, had been in an Encino, California, hospital since May 11, after apparently having been unconscious for eight or nine hours before he was found, Phil Brock said.

Initial reports earlier in the week that he suffered a drug overdose were inaccurate, according to a source familiar with Conaway's medical condition. However, his use of drugs caused him not to realize how ill he was, keeping him from getting treatment until it was almost too late,  the source said.

FULL STORY
  1. Philip

It seemed to me that he was more being himself than acting on Taxi. He had his moments to be sure. R.I.P.

May 27, 2011 at 8:18 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Angie

R I P Jeff I loved kenickie when I was a kid, so sad to see you leave us.

May 27, 2011 at 8:19 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Joey

One of two things happens to an addict: he recovers, or he dies.
    Recovery is hard. Dying is the path of least resistance.
    Addicts have to learn to step over bodies in recovery. That is not heartless.
    Deaths of addicts serve as lessons for the addicts who are willing to recover.

May 27, 2011 at 8:20 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Mmmmm

death comes in threes, so would it be in poor taste to wonder...who the other two celebrities will be? Besides, y'all know there always will be the required mandatory jerk and mandatory ass present at death's announcement, wake, funeral and repast...so give these guys a break...I'm certain they must serve an important role in the grieving
    process...

May 27, 2011 at 9:10 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Jinx

Your struggle is over, Mr. Conaway.
    Peace.

May 27, 2011 at 9:34 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Ellis

I so much wish I knew if there is a conscience after life. Also I feel that the life span of a human being is much too short. We should live up to 500 years old, 500 years being the equivalent of someone in their 90's today.

May 27, 2011 at 11:03 pm | Report abuse |
    • leeintulsa

@ellis: That would be horrible. As Queen said, 'who wants to live forever?'

May 28, 2011 at 11:51 am | Report abuse |
  7. sandyk

@leeintulsa I agree! my best friends dad always said a S.O.B. never dies

May 27, 2011 at 11:15 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Jazzzzzzzz

I am Just sadden to hear of his passing for his familys' sake but extremely happy he is finally without pain. to me he was one of those actors who had the gift of absolute perfect comedic timing. RIP Jeff. 🙂

May 27, 2011 at 11:17 pm | Report abuse |
  9. chrissy

joey are you an addict?? & the bible says you dont go 2 heaven or hell til the day of reckoning & that hasnt occurred yet. But you should show compassion especially for his family. They have suffered enough threw his disease & yes addiction is a disease.

May 28, 2011 at 4:05 am | Report abuse |
  10. Big "E"

My heart is so tired. I read the comments here and see that no one has said anything like "I hope he was saved". One said he never found peace in his life.Peace can only be found in Jesus.Many will say "I have peace and I dont have Jesus." Eternal peace in the world Jeff has now entered can only come through Jesus Christ.If Jeff had not put his trust in Jesus,he will NEVER find the peace that eluded him in this world. One can only hope.

May 28, 2011 at 7:16 am | Report abuse |
  11. Joey

@ chrissy:
    I don't have any lack of compassion. One can comment on other aspects of an issue without lacking anything about an aspect important to you, such as compassion. I am certain that you and I have vastly different ideas about the Bible.
    @ Big "E":
    Sorry if your heart is tired. It's certainly going to become progressively more tired if you keep aggressively trying to manipulate others into feeling guilty and therefore submitting to your own will and power under the transparent guile of what you read in the Bible.
    Saved, indeed.
    Work out your own salvation, and go somewhere else with your heavy, sad heart.

May 28, 2011 at 7:58 am | Report abuse |
  12. Minnie Wilhemina Muckleraff

Oh, BRAVO, Joey!
    You're my hero!

May 28, 2011 at 8:00 am | Report abuse |
  13. Joey

Thanks, Doll.

May 28, 2011 at 8:02 am | Report abuse |
  14. Joey

Actually, I never watched TAXI more than once or twice (and then partially), or saw GREASE: boring.
    I was interested in this article only because I admire anybody who achieves a career, regardless of his "act."
    Many famous or known performers have trouble balancing their important work with the feelings that drove them to success originally. Handling their lack of knowledge of how they differ from their fans often destroys them: Garland, Jackson, Elvis, Mathis...the list is endless.
    Psychologists and psychiatrists fail to help them because fame doesn't fit into their cookie-cutter models of normalcy.
    Stars are very different, and their fans want them to be unaware of it.

May 28, 2011 at 8:42 am | Report abuse |
  15. Big "E"

Hey Joey,(which is a BABY kangaroo) This used to be America.People used to have freedom of speech. But in reality,people still do but Christians.Muslims,gays,liberals,atheist,all have the right o speak their minds.But Christians are constantly told to stop imposing their values on others.So much for "tolerance" and that whole "coexist" thing.

May 28, 2011 at 8:45 am | Report abuse |