Source: Bin Laden considered Pakistan protection deal
May 27th, 2011

Source: Bin Laden considered Pakistan protection deal

Osama bin Laden considered seeking a deal with Pakistan for protection of al Qaeda leaders in Pakistan and in return al Qaeda would refrain from attacking Pakistan, a U.S. official told CNN. The revelation surfaced as American agents analyzed the documents that were seized in the May 2 raid of bin Laden's compound in Abbottabad, according to the official who was not authorized to speak on the record.

Post by:
Filed under: Al Qaeda • Osama bin Laden • Pakistan • Terrorism
  1. fernace

Hey Jon, thanks for your prolific & informative posts. You're right, we must stay informed because knowledge is power, & while it's fun to goof around on these blogs, they perrtain to serious matters! Having said that, I do enjoy Flat Tire beer, just not a flat tire! Thanks Ellis for having mercy on me(snicker)! I knew you'd come thru!!

May 28, 2011 at 10:52 pm | Report abuse |
  2. World War 3 Soon to come

We will never leave the middle east, we are too scared to leave. The economy will fail and wars will break out and boom world war 3 will be here. I believe this will happen within the next fews years. Some world castastrophy is bound to happen soon. I can just sense it.

May 29, 2011 at 12:20 am | Report abuse |
    • Oh Please!

They say your chickens will come home to roost. I don't know what exact backdoor dealings we've done abroad because I have not read Wikileaks enough... BUT of this I am sure: what you do will come back to you and the secret government here (Lobbies!) that have subverted our political process (banking elite and such) have been playing dirty pool with the world for a long time. What you put out will come back to you. EVERY and I do mean EVERY great society (Rome, Britan, the Dutch, Egypt, etc.) has crumbled on its own decadence. Why should we be so arrogant as to believe otherwise? Because we are so much better than the societies that came before us? I think calamities are starting to come our way because of the bad karma we put out there. Not that we are so much worse than every other society out there, far from it. We are just a bigger and more obvious target for other nations' frustrations than the others in the same way that Microsoft is a target for every hacker out there. Every Jihadist with an gripe and an agenda and insurgent forces abroad will target us. With all of the natural disasters abounding, I am wondering if a greater power isn't hinting at us very strongly to clean up our act as a species...

June 6, 2011 at 7:06 pm | Report abuse |
  3. World War 3 Soon to come

If Isreal goes down, America will go down with in and maybe the whole world. Now thats a scary thing, because it will only be a matter of time until the arab nations make a large scale attack on Isreal.

May 29, 2011 at 12:24 am | Report abuse |
    • ArmageddonNot

What evidence do you have to support such an absurd conclusion?

May 30, 2011 at 3:21 pm | Report abuse |
    • Oh Please!

I believe that for if Israel is attacked in such a manner, they will employ every vehicle of power they have behind and in front of the curtain, to drag the US into it with them because its always all about them. I feel we should divest of the whole region, no matter what side of the semitic line you are on opinion-wise. Why because supporting the violent rhetoric of Hamas isn't a winning situation and the Israeli's do whatever they want with what they perceive is their divine right, i.e. to take and carve up the West Bank and other occupied territories with no consideration to those who occupied the land prior to their European presence in 1948 or to our position/reputation in backing their play. Sorry, Israel's done nothing for me and I owe them nothing as an American. In fact, they shot up one of our boats intentionally in the late 1960's off the coast of Egypt and tried to cover it up. Their politics and foreign policy should be their problem and they (along with the Brits for their role in creating the state in 1948) should deal with it.

June 1, 2011 at 2:54 pm | Report abuse |
    • Oh Please!

I have to say that this is really not much of a surprise to many people here in the states. We have a farcical friendship with Pakistan, they soak us for cash and pretend to be on our side and help foment a civil war in Pakistan, and in return they pretend to give us real intel on the whereabouts of Al Qaeda higher ups. I guarantee you that the Pakistani Secret Service knows where to find Mullah Omar and probably Ayman Zawahiri too. Do you think they will give those two up?
      Anyway, I find it laughable that Pakistan considers our raid an act of war while they aid and abet those who would seek to kill US personnel in Afghanistan. Seriously? Screw you guys.

June 2, 2011 at 10:19 am | Report abuse |
    • Derrick

Large scale attacks have been in the past? How many times has Isreal defeated you arab pukes? When are you going to learn that they are a force and Judea was a country and Palistine has never had a country. This Country that Bin stupid was hiding in and we give that country money needs to stop. THe only commodity arabs have is oil and terrorists.

June 2, 2011 at 11:26 am | Report abuse |
  4. jai

Nice our ally making deal with US and our no 1 enemy also, what an ally we got.

May 29, 2011 at 12:40 am | Report abuse |
    • Flores

Are you serious? can you not read? it doesn't say anything about the deal being made... It says that Osama wanted to leverage his terrorist threats to coerce Pakistan into such a deal. Obviously Al-qaeda didn't stop bombing Pakistan so that means no such deal was accepted by Pakistan.

June 1, 2011 at 1:25 pm | Report abuse |
  5. fernace

Yep, we're all gonna bite the dust one way or another! That's why my motto in life is Have Fun! So have effin' fun & the end wont seem so bad!!

May 29, 2011 at 3:24 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Reggie

Is 7-11... I mean Pakistan ready to see how the USA feels about where they found Ben Laden?

May 30, 2011 at 9:12 pm | Report abuse |
    • jamey

im with you reggie lets roll

June 1, 2011 at 3:26 pm | Report abuse |