May 31st, 2011

Official: Khalid Sheikh Mohammed, 9/11 conspirators to be re-charged for tribunal

The Pentagon will announce Tuesday that charges against Khalid Sheikh Mohammed and four other alleged co-conspirators in the September 11, 2001, terrorist attacks are being refiled to allow prosecution before a military tribunal at the Guantanamo Bay, Cuba, naval base, a defense official confirmed.

The move comes after the Obama administration dropped plans to prosecute the suspects in federal court in New York.

Besides Mohammed, the other suspects to face charges of participating in the 9/11 plot are Walid bin Attash, Ramzi bin al-Shibh, Ali Abdul Aziz Ali and Mustafa Ahmed al-Hawsawi. All five are at Guantanamo.

1. Joey

Ellis Fake may be my best hater. (Their name is Legion.)
    I am very flattered.
    Just got imp. business call. Bye.

May 31, 2011 at 7:18 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jazzzzzzzz

k, bye

May 31, 2011 at 7:20 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Jazzzzzzzz

so who thinks we'll see any evidence of their crimes. I DON'T SEE ANY HANDS RAISED. Opps, guess that means CONSPIRACY. well I for one have an eyebrow raised. OIL = WAR = OUR OWN GOVERNMENT DID 911

May 31, 2011 at 7:33 pm | Report abuse |
  3. ben

Should be weakened, oh well reasoning with morons is frustrating.

May 31, 2011 at 7:38 pm | Report abuse |
  4. ben

Too bad about that first hand eyewitness blowing a huge gaping hole into your government conspiracy theory. Oh and let's not forget the millions of people who watched two planes fly into the towers. Guess the government payed the pilots off to commit suicide huh. F ING MORONS.

May 31, 2011 at 7:41 pm | Report abuse |
  5. sandyk

Oh for goodness sake I am so tired of hearing about Bush. what about what a total waste of 4 years the Carter presidency was? and lets not forget how Clinton brought us NAFTA and lowered the standards for grades in public schools. and talk about STUPID did he really ask what the definition of is was (or it, whatever) Get over it! He is out!!

May 31, 2011 at 7:42 pm | Report abuse |
  6. ben

FYI for you idiots, steel melts at relatively low temperatures, any old blow torch can melt steel.

May 31, 2011 at 7:47 pm | Report abuse |
  7. sandyk

And what about Obama`s incredible disrespect of almost every `friend` of the UnitedStates? can he at least do some homework on protocol when a guest in other countries? This is BASIC stuff he is messing up on EVERY TIME.... manners for goodness sake. How can anyone take him seriously when he cant handle basic stuff.

May 31, 2011 at 7:50 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Joey

@ Jazzzzzzzz: U still here? I'm back briefly, and they're calling back again in a few minutes.
    I agree that lowering standards in public schools was disastrous for us.
    And Carter's presidency–wow. I know he meant to do well, but too much of a good-guy approach.

May 31, 2011 at 7:52 pm | Report abuse |
  9. ben

Carter and Clinton's dismantling of the CIA and FBI is what led up to 9/11. Clinton's refusal to go after bin Laden and al qaeda in the early 90's allowed 9/11 to happen so yes let's talk about Clinton-shouldn't he be charged with treason for seeing,by his own words, a threat to America and not doing anything about it? Yes I believe he definitely should be charged with treason and hanged if a guilty verdict is rendered.

May 31, 2011 at 7:55 pm | Report abuse |
  10. ben

Hmm maybe there was a government conspiracy in 9/11 after all, not Bush but Clinton, how best to make your self look good than by having such a tragedy to befall a newly elected President. Yes I now believe there was a conspiracy by Clinton and Gore to do just that. They should both be charged with treason and murder.

May 31, 2011 at 7:59 pm | Report abuse |
  11. sandyk

Also about the towers. if bush was such a nimrod how did he get all of that mess accomplished. how did he get anyone to agree to follow such an assinine plan? who in their right mind wouldnt go to someone and say `look here is the plan, bush has lost his miind!!` IF it was a govt job there had to be thousands of dumb/a/s/s/e/s running around from both parties knowing about this! this couldnt be carried out by bush and cheney alone

May 31, 2011 at 7:59 pm | Report abuse |
  12. sandyk

@Joey I do not know you at all, but I just love your mind (the real Joey, I guess) you seem able to be objective and still remain strong in your opinions... Thank you for good conversation and this weekend is the BluesFest here I will drink an adult beverage to you while relaxing with great music and good people.

May 31, 2011 at 8:11 pm | Report abuse |
  13. ben

Clinton/Gore did 9/11.

May 31, 2011 at 8:15 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Joey

I like Obama, sandyk, but I agree that foreign protocol is important.
    I think that the White House staff's ignoring it is more considered than we are expected to believe.
    There was one action regarding the British Monarch that was so shocking that it could not have been accidental, as I saw it.

May 31, 2011 at 8:27 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jazzzzzzzz

Would you refresh my memory Joey about the British Monarch.

May 31, 2011 at 8:31 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Joey

@ sandyk:
    Wow! I had just finished addressing you (re protocol) when I went back and read your 8:11 post.
    Thank you very much.
    (No, the obscene Joey posts are not mine.)
    It's nice to meet you.