Gadhafi: 'Dead, alive, victorious, it doesn't matter'
Libyan leader Moammar Gadhafi made the comments to his country during a live audio broadcast.
June 7th, 2011

Gadhafi: 'Dead, alive, victorious, it doesn't matter'

Libyan leader Moammar Gadhafi addressed his country in a live audio broadcast Tuesday, vowing, "We will not surrender, we will not give up."

"We have one option - our country. We will remain in it till the end. Dead, alive, victorious, it doesn't matter," he said on state television.

His comment come on a day where at least 29 loud explosions rocked Tripoli around midday Tuesday as NATO airstrikes hit a military base and, according to Libyan State TV, leader Moammar Gadhafi's compound.

The compound was under "intensive continuous bombardment," according to State TV, which reported buildings and infrastructure in the area were destroyed in the strikes.

Post by:
Filed under: Libya
  1. bobcat2u

If Ghadafi wants to take it to the death, he needs to quit hiding his tired a$$ in his bunkers, grab a gun or two and back up his talk. I'm sure NATO would be more than happy to oblige him. I just really hope I'm wrong about the kind of people that are going to take over after his demise. This could really end up biting everyone in the buttocks.

June 7, 2011 at 1:05 pm | Report abuse |
  2. banks

The crimnals are NATO and any country who are on there side. The country of lybia has its own president who France did not like after he refused to sell them oil. So now the US destroyed his ability to protect his country from NATO so they can steal his oil. NATO kills civilians by the hundreds how come the news never reports that. Are we all facist and going to heLl for supporting NATO and its poor choice of friends to continue. Disban NATO, they only protect those who will sell their oil to them. The US should have never made this a lop sided war. Fight poverty in this country if you need to waste the tax payers money. When. The US stops supporting this genocyde of libians so al-quada can take over, NATO will be out of there in hours.

June 7, 2011 at 1:13 pm | Report abuse |
    • George Patton

Good grief banks,you said it all. I couldn't agree more!!!

June 7, 2011 at 3:39 pm | Report abuse |
  3. J. R. Ewing

Fancy meeting you here banks.

June 7, 2011 at 1:22 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Tari

If he thinks it does't matter let him come out from is rat hole & face the bombs & bcom victorious in death

June 7, 2011 at 1:58 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Roy Rogers

Dead seems like a good option to me!

June 7, 2011 at 2:25 pm | Report abuse |
  6. RUFFNUTT

Barack Obama,David Cameron and Nickolas Sarkozy all make me sick to my stomach! The more they rant against Mohammar Qadaffy,the more I like this dude. Those three curses I mentioned above need to be indicted and prosecuted for the wanton murder of Libyan civilians through their ungodly air strikes on Libya's cities,but that will never happen,tragically enough!

June 7, 2011 at 3:44 pm | Report abuse |
    • Bill

JC, what planet are you from?

June 7, 2011 at 5:09 pm | Report abuse |
    • Lyndsie Graham

Now that's one of the most sensible posts here yet and so true. Thank you,RUFFNUTT.

June 7, 2011 at 5:27 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Jeff Frank ( R-Ohio )

"We will not surrender, he says." Just like a Weiner...
    It does not matter...dead, alive, or victorious? Like Mr. Rogers above...the most emphasis placed on "dead".

June 7, 2011 at 4:57 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Casey'sTawdryTalesOfConquest

Moammar was years older than me and lived on the street running parallel to ours. Moammar was an only child and had made a habit of exploring the neighborhood on boring summer days. We became fast friends, practically living in each other's houses. His father, Dave, was like a big kid, always making us laugh or taking us to the zoo. Or to the movies. Or bowling. Or into the city. They were constantly smiling even though their big Victorian house seemed a bit sad. Moammar's mother had died of ovarian cancer the year before we moved in, and he rarely talked about her. However he did develop a close relationship with my mother, who still, in my opinion, loves him more than her own children. I know I had other friends as a child, but I can't seem to recall doing many things with them. What I do remember the most are memories with Moammar: our secret handshakes, our adventures, our forts. And of course, one of the first movies his dad brought us to see -The Empire Strikes Back. By the time we reached the car in the parking lot it was settled. Moammar was Han and I was Leia, without the stilted acting or kissing. Secret handshakes soon developed into serious secrets and tent sleepovers in the back yard into camping trips with our friends on high school vacations. He had girlfriends and I had boyfriends, but I suspected my relationships were never as serious as his. The few boyfriends I had before Moammar left for college had only kissed me. Nothing else. Throughout it all Moammar and I were always friends. Just friends. However, it was hard to see him that way as we got older and he kept growing taller and more handsome. At his going away party the summer before he left for college our parents took a picture of the two of us together Moammar had his arm around me and while I stood there like an awkward child. When he went away I would often look at the picture and stare at him. His strong jaw. His blue eyes. His nose with its tiny bump (a touch football game in junior high somehow got out of control). His dimples. His tan skin. His muscular arms and lean torso. By the time of the picture I had stopped growing once I hit 5'9, but he still towered over me, and his frame overpowered mine. The last night he was in town before he left for Tripoli I let him bomb my village with his Scud Missile...

June 7, 2011 at 6:30 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Joseph Zrnchik, MAJ (Ret.)

Gaddafi started RASCOM to put up a commercial telecommunications satellite for 1/10th the price the US demanded. He paid off African loans to stop seizure of assets by the IMF. He built a 25-year and $21 billion dollar aquifer to turn Libya into the food producer for Africa. He started the African Investment Fund and was establishing and African Central Bank. This is why they want him dead. It is an imperialist war.

NATO’s War on Africa

June 7, 2011 at 6:33 pm | Report abuse |
  10. nina

so, if someone on the inside just shot him, the whole thing could be over within an hour?

that no one has means that he's surrounded by kool aid drinkers

June 7, 2011 at 6:51 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Ernest H. Dervishian

As the 12th Calif / Imam, as the missing genetic link to the prophet Muhammad, I issue a "Fatwa" to Qaddafi to peacefully surrender to either Saudi Arabia or "Hague." The choice is his to make.

Qadaffi needs to be made aware that there is no haggling with GOD. I refer him to Wikpedia's page:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muhammad_al-Mahdi and,

All the messages from GOD can only be interpreted by me after consultations, of course.

If he has any disputes, he should contribute in Editing, now, before it is too late.

June 7, 2011 at 8:47 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Tom Davis

Next up NATO takes on Northpolains. They have vowed to not stop till Santa has left power. Santa has begged for mercy but NATO says no talks. The toy shop was hit accidentally. 13 oppressed rebel elves lost their lives. The reindeer stay loyal to Santa and rally around the death of Rudolf.
    Where does it stop.

June 7, 2011 at 11:39 pm | Report abuse |
  13. tiffany

What the h@ll!!! Kill him already and get it over with. He is just going to kill more innocent people.

June 8, 2011 at 11:39 am | Report abuse |
  14. Windows Franchise

Thank you a bunch for sharing this with all folks you actually recognise what you are talking approximately! Bookmarked. Kindly also seek advice from my site =). We will have a hyperlink alternate agreement among us

October 22, 2012 at 8:12 pm | Report abuse |